Rayman Origins 3DS release date announced

Rayman will return in March

Ubisoft has finally announced the Rayman Origins 3DS release date. While Rayman Origins Wii was released to critical acclaim in November, we've had to wait for the 3DS version but the wait will be over in March.

Yes, Rayman Origins 3DS will be released on 16 March which is great news for fans of the limbless legend who have been playing Rayman 3D on 3DS.

As we said in our Rayman 3D review, it's a fun platformer but seeing as it's the 10th re-release of the game in 12 years, it will be great to play a new Rayman game on Nintendo's 3D handheld.

And if it's as good as Rayman Origins Wii, we're in for a treat.

Comments

1. lminett Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:11

This should look really nice on the 3ds

2. Dalekbuster523 Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:18

I can see this game being great-should look really good in 3D.Just wish a new pacman game would come out now(other than Pacman party or Pacman and galaga dimensions).

3. lrwr14 Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:19

I knew their would be a 3D version. I would prefer to play it on a hand-held then on a home console, which was one of the reason I didn't buy it....plus the price. So i'll probably get it now :).

4. Mario84 Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:27

wonder if they will include an online multiplayer?

5. ploiper Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:48

i havent gotten a console version yet so i may evry well pick this up for the 3DS

6. Minja Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 15:58

I held off on getting the console version... I never really got interested. I mean it looks like a great game, it just didn't grab me. Over the last few days, I was heavily considering it but now there's a 3D version on the way, I think I can wait a little more. I hope Ubisoft will be smart enough to include some StreetPass stuff such as Time Attack or something.

7. bennyt Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 16:12

Ahh excellent news

Got Origins for the xbox 360 and its great, plenty of fun and laughter between me and my younger brother
    Soooo i may get this for the 3ds as well, but maybe after a price drop

8. ledreppe Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 19:37

I couldn't wait for the 3ds version to be released, so I played it on Wii. I'm glad I did, because there are other games I want to get in March. It's a fun platformer, and I'm sure it's a laugh in 4-player. My only gripe with it was that it has difficulty spikes, I think I tried the final level about 25 times before I mastered it!

9. Tom Nook Rules Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 19:50

it could be good but its coming out near kid icarus and metal gear and i think i would chooses both of them above rayman. 8)

10. Parane Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 20:52

I bought it for Wii and I'll probably pick it up for my 3DS. It's a solid platformer.

11. imbusydoctorwho Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 23:00

Great to hear,Yeah I've already got the brilliant Wii version,but I might pick this up when it's cheap.

12. Mattman583 Saturday 7th Jan 2012 at 21:33

Poop, I just bought the Wii version :| Now I will have to get the 3DS one too :wink:

13. cheeseburgerdude Sunday 8th Jan 2012 at 14:29

GOOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! FINALLY SOMETHING WORTH BUYING BEFORE MGS COMES OUT

14. issun1412 Sunday 8th Jan 2012 at 18:30

probably going to go for Kid Icarus instead of this. No offence, but I think this will be easier to find a couple of months after launch

15. Aces High Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 10:30

This is great news. I'd been hoping Origins would finally come to 3DS! Kid Icarus is a must-have too, but the whole stylus control thing worries me if I'm honest. If it ends up as a 'this or that' choice, Rayman Origins might just get the nod. However, I'll of course reserve judgement until the reviews and impressions start coming out.