Netflix is on Wii in UK

Download Netflix for free from the Wii Shopping Channel

Netflix is now available to download for Wii in the UK. Yes, you can get your free one-month trial of the popular US movie and TV streaming service right now from the Wii Shopping Channel.

It's so easy to download. All you need to do is go straight to the Wii Shopping Channel, then to the Channels menu and you'll see the Netflix option at the top.

It is free to download the Netflix Channel and begin a one-month trial but you'll have to pay £5.99 a month thereafter.

Netflix will enable you to stream films and popular TV programs through your Wii.

Are you happy that Netflix is now on Wii? Have you steamed anything yet?

Comments

1. Mario84 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 12:20

can you sign up for the trial and then cancel before paying for the service?

2. lminett Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 12:22

Thats pretty cool, just hope that its got a good stream.

3. Joe_Crow Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 12:36

Brilliant! I didn't know it'd be available for the Wii as soon as it came to the UK. I'll be trying the free trial.

4. tomonm Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 13:06

can you sign up for the trial and then cancel before paying for the service?

Yes you can. You can cancel at any time.

5. Baker1000 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 13:09

What shows and movies are on there? I don't want to start a free trial just yet if there's nothing worth streaming.

6. MartinIsAwesome Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 13:29

This is pretty cool. Only problem is that a) I got to the cinema every week so I see nearly all the films I want to see and b) I've only got a basic download allowance, so I can't use it much anyway.

7. imbusydoctorwho Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 13:41

That brilliant to hear,I'll probably download it tonight.

8. zaine02 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 14:37

will it be on 3ds any time soon?

9. ledreppe Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 15:25

That's brilliant news, will download it tonight. though shame it's come so near the end of the Wii's life cycle (Americans have had it for years).

10. 123akis Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 15:49

please come to 3ds!

11. Dalekbuster523 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 15:53

Meh.I've never heard of Netflix so don't really care.

12. Moo-dyman Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 17:00

I'm with Lovefilm already . :twisted:

13. Waldy565 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 17:12

have you steamed anything? :P sorry, but this is amazing!

14. Steno1 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 17:12

Their are some odd things coming on to the Wii lately.

15. thenintendoer Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 19:02

nice idea but i dont fancy paying monthly fees for something ill rarely use ill stick to the one month trial( by the wat does this trial start when you download it or has it started already)

16. Misanthropy Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 22:05

it starts from the moment you hit start membership like I downloaded it and signed up earlier and it said to cancel before feb 8th and you won't get charged, I'm going to cancel a day earlier just to be safe, the selection of movies and tv isn't great none of the harry potter films are on there and only a small selection of films in each genre but a lot of tv which you probably won't care about :roll:

17. DeadlyCreature Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 22:26

Is Game of Thrones on there by any chance?

18. CraigEmberson Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 at 08:44

I've started my free trial, it's not bad at all and definitely more convenient than LoveFilm... especially as, even if some titles are delayed, they'll appear soon enough and Ł5.99 is a pretty awesome price, much like subscribing to a magazine - except you can watch whatever you want! I've been catching up on old days with Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers, Power Rangers Zeo and watched an hour long Power Rangers Samurai Movie without ANY pauses or stops and the quality is just as good as the TV. I'm definitely happy with it, hoping for 3D movies on 3DS at some point.

19. asadjamil12 Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 at 17:20

The problem is , that because its on wii you cant stream it in hd

20. PickleHB Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 at 18:37

Living in deepest darkest hicksville (shropshire) means my connection speed is like an RS Turbo Reliant Robin, so will probably not botheruntil have decent fast broadband in the area, whcih will be great as pigs should be flying past the window at a similar time

21. AR master Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 at 22:56

i only discovered it today from someone that was in america and they said it was worth it.

22. xvashx Wednesday 15th May 2013 at 20:51

what if you already have an account?