Resident Evil 4 voted best Resident Evil game ever

ONM readers have had their say. The GameCube Resident Evil classic is number one...

Resident Evil 4 is the best Resident Evil game of all time according to ONM readers.

Ahead of the release of Resident Evil Revelations and days before the Resident Evil 6 announcement we asked ONM readers to vote for their best Resident Evil game and Resident Evil 4 came out on top with more than 50% of the votes.

The original Resident Evil, which was re-released on GameCube came second, narrowly beating N64's Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Resident Evil 3D: The Mercenaries 3D made up the rest of the top five.

ONM forum member Trilbee said: "Resident Evil 4 is a masterful game. It transformed the series from a tense survival horror game with tank-like controls into a frenetic experience that you're too scared to keep playing but don't want to stop."

Of course this could all change next week. With Nintendo 3DS owners already playing the Resident Evil Revelations demo, fans are getting excited ahead of the Resident Evil Revelations release date.

Comments

1. MarioWalrus Friday 20th Jan 2012 at 18:24

Never played it but I think after revelations I might consider

2. Mmmyeah Friday 20th Jan 2012 at 19:06

Never played it but I think after revelations I might consider

You should get it now, its brilliant. I would definitely say it is one of the best games on wii. Off the top of my head, the only wii games I can think of that I prefer are the galaxy games, twilight princess, skyward sword, okami and maybe metroid prime.

I picked 4 as my favourite too. I simply find it to be an incredibly fun game, with great controls, sharp visuals, a classic resident evil script and most importantly riveting gameplay. I don't normally play shooters, but I make an exception for resident evil.

3. Trilbee Friday 20th Jan 2012 at 19:37

YAY! They chose my comment for Resident Evil 4 =D

4. Komodo_Wolfgang Friday 20th Jan 2012 at 20:47

Awesome! I love this game, but Im stuck at a point with no ammo and an enemy thats an absolute **** to kill. Deffinatley makes it tense

5. Dan-the-Wii-man Saturday 21st Jan 2012 at 10:23

Yeah i was the same playing pro mode... so hard!! :P Resi 4 is one of the few Wii games that i've played through to 100% which kinda shows how much i love it :P

6. GeniusTheMisfit Sunday 22nd Jan 2012 at 17:21

Resident Evil 4 is one of the top 5 best games ever made. Rightfully deserved.

7. sivlock Sunday 22nd Jan 2012 at 17:42

Took the series in a new direction gameplay wise and personally I think it worked really well. An amazing game that deserves a lot of credit :D

8. graemedowie23 Sunday 22nd Jan 2012 at 19:59

I love the vibe of res 4! To the dude who hasn't played it, you must! Crazy location, crazy action. Easy one of the best wii games

9. Zaphod_B Monday 23rd Jan 2012 at 13:42

Well deserved! I realllly hope Revelations lives up to this gaming masterpiece, even if only slightly!

10. niallman212 Monday 23rd Jan 2012 at 17:10

I remember watching my Dad play Resi 4 a few years ago. Too scared to play it myself, mind, but I would always make sure he didn't miss a herb, and I would always help him sort his inventory. My then 3 year old sister always thought it said 'President Evil' instead of 'Resident Evil' on the title screen. Still makes me chuckle to this day :)