Fire Emblem 3DS gameplay details revealed

Fire Emblem 3DS gets a new battle system and a new main character

Krom has been officially confirmed as the main character in the new Fire Emblem 3DS game. Called Fire Emblem: Awakening, the new Nintendo strategy game will be released in Japan for 3DS on April 19th.

The subtitle refers to two sleeping dragons. One is a sacred ally of mankind while the other is its sworn destroyer. Two heroes are marked with the symbols of the dragons and their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening and the world's ending.

Krom, the prince of Iris, seems to be one of these heros. He's been officially confirmed as one of the game's two main characters. Of the Lord Class, Krom has a weapon named Sealed Sword Falchion.

The other main character seems to be your own creation. You can create your own unit, selecting their gender and choosing their facial features. According to Andriasang, it is this character whom Krom meets, setting up the story.

As with old Fire Emblem games, there is a Free Maps system which enables you to move across the map and buy good or get stuck into battle.

Fire Emblem 3DS also boasts a new Dual system and the new Dual system which comes into play when you enter battle while next to an ally. Under this system, you'll battle with the ally and your character will gain extra abilities which he or she can use while the ally assists with their own attacks.

Want to see the game in action? Here is the first Fire Emblem 3DS trailer.

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 11:28

Okay. Here we go. 50 says Krom is in the next Smash Bros. Who'll take me up?

The Create-Your-Hero aspect is a huge selling point to me. I hope there are loads of options like the Mii's do. I'd like to properly recreate my image as I quite fancy seeing myself awakening a couple of sleeping dragons.

2. jimbob555 Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 12:02

Really looking forward to this. I don't have a 3DS yet but looks like it's shaping into something awesome.

3. Redfish20 Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 12:08

The new Dual system sounds like a really good idea. I'll be interested to see if it works defensively as well, that could give one a lot more to think about.

4. Hylian_Grouch Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 13:02

im just about half way through sacred stones thanks to the ambassador programme so i look forward to hearing more about this. trailer looks pretty good...

5. Kesskuron Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 13:41

HNNNNNNG

Want this so much

6. Bluyoshi Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 15:47

Still not getting excited until I see it translated into English.

That said, this is about the only thing that will make me buy a 3DS.

7. MistaChristopher Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 18:30

Must fill......turn based....... strategy needs.........this looks to be...........awesome

Not sure what I was going for there but oh well, can't wait for this game!

8. DeadlyCreature Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 19:58

I want this now. COME TO ME!

9. bilboboy Friday 10th Feb 2012 at 20:15

I still haven't got over my reckless suicide of Seth in Sacred Stones. He was too young. HE WAS TOO YOUNG!! :cry: :cry:

10. colourblindyoshi Saturday 11th Feb 2012 at 11:30

(before playing sacred stones on gba ambassador program)

meh. might be okay.

(after playing sacred stones on gba ambassador program)

ME WANTS IT NOW!

11. Violet Saturday 11th Feb 2012 at 20:07

I love the series but I refuse to get excited until I'm sure we get a translation, after they screwed us out of getting the last one.

12. LFOB Wednesday 15th Feb 2012 at 13:07