Pikmin 3 Wii U will be Miyamoto's ideal Pikmin game

Miyamoto enjoying working on it

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he is enjoying working on Pikmin 3 on Wii U, a game that is closer to his original concept for Pikmin.

Thanks to the power of HD, Miyamoto is able to create a game that he's truly happy with.

"Originally, I was making Pikmin 3 to be launched on the Wii platform," Miyamoto told Entertainment Weekly. "Because the Wii U is capable of HD quality pictures, and will be accompanied by the subscreen on your hand. I thought that I would be able to make a Pikmin that was closer to my ideal. I am now actually enjoying myself, working on the game."

So it seems as if the Wii U's touch screen will have a big part to play, then. Here are our Pikmin 3 ideas.

Comments

1. PurplePikmin2009 Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 12:43

Finally some more Pikmin 3 news! Glad he's happy with it, it's pretty much the seal of awesomeness when Miyamoto is working on a game. Cannot wait! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. yoshimad Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 12:48

Yessss PIKMIN for the win! I was waiting for this! :D

3. jimbobsquarepant Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 13:07

I've been anticipating this game for years now :D maybe the touch screen is used so you can control Pikmin over an entire map rather than they just follow you around, or something similar, I hope that this is a launch game! :D

4. shy guy 64 Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 13:53

i cant wait to see more

well see somthing in the first place

5. TaskOfMajora Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 16:10

If they manage to make this game longer than the Gamecube titles in the series (i'm talking like 30+ hours of gameplay) then this could shape up to be one of the finest Nintendo games ever made.

Seriously, everything else is intact within the formula (the Real-Time Strat gameplay, the well designed levels etc). If they just give us a longer game then that's all Miyamoto really needs to do.

6. Ai64 Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 16:37

It's been a few years now, I hope the game is worth the wait! :D

7. Waldy565 Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 17:16

well, the all ready vibrant and lovely backgrounds would be stunning in hd!

8. skyluigi Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 18:28

The only thing better than this would be a 3DS version as well with full connectivity! But I can't get too greedy. Just knowing that Pikmin 3 is on its way is good enough!

9. fatherofthenoo Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 19:37

I have never played Pikimin before but I will be sure to make up for my lost opportunity by purchasing P3. (I would go back and buy the older two but... you know, I might just go and buy the older two)

10. TheNUKEnukeM Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 20:05

I hope theirs a day count. I didn't like pikmin 2 and pikmin 1 was far supperiour in my opinion.

11. MikeIt0rNot69 Monday 13th Feb 2012 at 21:55

huray pikmin is coming to the wii u