Sonic The Hedgehog coming to 3DS eShop next month

At last! Game Gear games coming to the Virtual Console

Sonic The Hedgehog will be available to download from the 3DS eShop when the first Game Gear games are released for the 3DS Virtual Console next month.

Three Sega Game Gear games will be released through the 3DS eShop on March 14th in Japan. They are Shinobi, Dragon Crystal and Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble. The games will also arrive in Europe in mid-March

We've been waiting a long time for Game Gear games to arrive. After all, Game Gear was confirmed for 3DS Virtual Console in March 2011 so it has taken a year for them to be released.

What do you think of the line-up of games?

[ Source: andriasang ]

Comments

1. Mario84 Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 10:39

I just let out a little sex wee!!

2. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 10:56

Really? Triple Troube? Not the first (or best) GG Sonic game I'd think of releasing. For those who are unaware, Triple Trouble (known as Sonic & Tails 2 in Japan) is the sequal to Sonic Chaos and was the first Game Gear exclusive Sonic game as Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos were also released on Master System.
    My favourite Game Gear Sonic game is the Sonic 1 which has original levels not found on the 16-bit version, including an auto-scroll stage.

I just let out a little sex wee!!

Well that is just disgusting.

3. p4ul. Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:07

"Really? Triple Troube? Not the first (or best) GG Sonic game"
    Wrong on so many levels. Triple Trouble was the best Game Gear Sonic games by a mile. Also it was our first time meeting my favourite Sonic character Nack. Canny wait to get it.

4. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:38

How can Nack be your favourite? He only ever appeared twice, and only once was he a playable character. And don't say because of the comics...
    Either way, fair enough that TT may be your facourite, but in my opinion the Game Gear Sonic games got progressively worse. I'm not saying Triple Trouble is terrible, just that the ones before it were better.

5. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 13:11

I just let out a little sex wee!!

Lovely.

On topic.
    Great news,seems like I better get some E-Shop points soon.

6. Tazer_Silverscar Wednesday 22nd Feb 2012 at 15:09

I'll save my E-shop points for something better. Those graphics hark back to Sonic 2, and well... I don't like 'em. The Game Gear was not that worth reviving games from. Come on, Nintendo, you know the 3DS can power through better stuff than that!

7. Combusken Thursday 23rd Feb 2012 at 03:37

Finally GameGear games will be in the 3DS shop and I will get Triple Trouble when it comes to the 3DS. :)

I wonder what other games from the GameGear handheld will come to the 3DS shop in the future. Maybe we might see Super Kick Off, Streets Of Rage 1(which had 6 stages in the GameGear version) or 2 (which didn't have Max Thunder but still did have Skate besides Blaze and Axle), Virtua Fighter Animation, Space Harrier and Ax Battler.