Pokemon Black and White 2 coming to UK in Autumn 2012

Pokemon Black and White 2 release date update

We don't have to wait too long for the Pokemon Black and White 2 release date. Yes, Nintendo has announced that Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 are coming to the UK in Autumn 2012.

Game Freak Director Junichi Masuda announced Pokemon Black and White 2 on Saturday night. Both Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 will be released for DS in Japan in June but it's good to hear that the UK release date won't be too far behind.

Pokemon Black and White 2 stars Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in a game where, according to the Pokemon website, new mysteries will await you.

What could those new mysteries be? Let us know your ideas for the Pokemon Black and White follow-up.

Comments

1. Pokerob Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:48

Called it, really delighted about this, thanks for this article. :)

2. pikacheroot Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:49

Dear lord, this had better work on the 3DS. That freebie Pokemon game just isn't enough - I need 3D Pokemon in my life!

3. Alucard94 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:51

4. Jimmy1994 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:52

Great!!! But still I am getting the Japanese one first! Source?

5. shy guy 64 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:53

:shock: :shock: :shock:

you guys aren't taking the mick are you?

6. Alucard94 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:54

WELL YOU'RE s**t!

<censored the post for the sanity of everyone on this forum...>

Censor my s**t will you ONM? Well then I'll explain with other words. YOU'RE EXCREMENT, FECES, ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION, ANAL CLOG, HORSE DONGLE, FLATULENT EJACULATION, MOMMY WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME NO MORE I JUST WANT YOU TO TOUCH ME NOOO NOT THE PADDLE, UGLY POOP, CRUMFACE.

7. tomonm Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 10:55

Great!!! But still I am getting the Japanese one first! Source?

We don't need to supply a source. We just know... Okay, Nintendo sent us a press release!

8. kevws77 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 11:14

Legendary RPG gets last hurrah on the DS. Even if it is a sequel we don't care. Well done Nintendo.

9. neko paul Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 11:19

Cant wait for this XD !!!!

10. Minja Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 12:57

Sooooo... the legendaries in this game are re-colours? That's pretty strange.

11. fisher2007 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 13:10

Cant wait for this XD !!!!

12. imbusydoctorwho Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 13:26

Cool,I'll be looking forward to it.

13. L_A Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 13:44

Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting us to get an estimated release period so far... I was really hoping we'd get the game by the end of the year, and looks like we ARE going to get them this year!
    I'm quite sure we'll get them in November. Why? Because it's in Autumn... both in RL and in the games! :o

14. lrwr14 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 15:39

I am actually looking forward to buying a pokemon game for once. Normally I'm not that bothered about the pokemon games, but we are finally getting a sequel instead of a 2 in 1 game. I wasn't expecting it to come out this year, I guess Nintendo already had this planned out.

15. colourblindyoshi Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 15:40

<oh jesus don't quote his stuff please>

well done for banning this guy, and i love the quote at the end. family magazine people, family magazine and proud. (claps for the expertly handled banning of this git)

never before has a moderator made me laugh

16. colourblindyoshi Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 15:45

i read his posts, and he's a troll and a half.

but his most frequented forum is the

'favourite onm members who were banned'

FAIL

17. laytonluke911 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 15:48

I am quite dissapointed that the game is not on 3ds. By release it will have been a year and a half. To those saying less people have a 3ds, that's fine, Pokémon fans are crazy! If they have to buy a new system to play they will. That's an extra Ł150 on many sales, on top of the 40 it will cost for the game itself. I'd be interested to hear any other views

18. CyberGW Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 15:58

Yes! Autumn! That's great news!
    Oh my, I'm so excited for this!

19. BOWIEtheHERO Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:05

Failure... 'Nuff said. As if the previous installments weren't bad enough, instead of 'Grey' they went with a cheeky "Black/White 2"... Terrible, terrible decision.
    You have lost my respect, Game Freak.

20. blaziken411 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:10

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

21. skyluigi Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:26

Okay... it all sounds a bit unoriginal at the minute. Let's hope the games will be renamed, and there's a different storyline/plot/region to Black and White.

22. GamerDan Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:37

This has gone way, way too far.

I mean come on, Black and White 2??? It's become painfully clear how Nintendo have run out of ideas and are just churning out the same old boring formula. Even the legendaries look generic and unimaginative.
    I think it's time Nintendo moved on from Pokemon.

23. AR master Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:51

I think it's time Nintendo moved on from Pokemon.

why???? :?: :?: :|

24. pokefan123 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 16:55

N needs to return!

25. Da_Epic_Fail Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 17:24

How, amazed how quickly this is going to come out, well, there goes my social life again, still playing Black like crazy.
    Can't wait for this.

26. Ninjatoast96 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 18:04

Great! Now we'll be waiting until 2013 at the earliest for a 3DS Pokemon game! :(
    When they do inevitably release a 3DS Pokemon game, I hope it's similar to Colosseum (3D character models/environment etc.), it's time Game Freak FINALLY do a proper 3D Pokemon adventure!

27. Dana_ava Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 18:07

I'm not a big fan of pokemon black/white, there are way too many pokemon now and i started to lose interest in catching them all after the 2nd generation. Also Nintendo seem to have run out of ideas for pokemon. I just can't get use to the 5th generation pokemon i think the majority of them look awful.
    My favourite part of pokemon black is the story, i felt that it was the best yet as i got really involved in it. I found the plot twists to be amazing and the various suprises along the way kept me playing.

I think for the sequal the overall layout of the game should be changed a bit, don't get me wrong i don't mind getting 8 badges then beating the pkmn league but something new would be brilliant.
    Character customization should be brought in now it would be great to see peoples different characters online and to be able to create your own.

Regardless of any changes away from the norm i will still be buying the game as i am a big fan of the series and am always willing to try a new pokemon game.

28. TwilightLink77 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 18:19

@Dana_ava "I'm not a big fan of pokemon black/white due to the new pokemon. The franchise itself is losing it's appeal due to there being way too many pokemon. i miss when there was only 251."

I remember when there was only 150... :)

29. Dyrk Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 19:27

Wow! Glad to hear this news! Looking forward to getting my hands on the sequel to Pokémon Black/White! Also, I'm glad the new games are on the DS. There's more DSs out there than 3DSs!

30. rukaio101 Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 19:34

THIS IS TEH WORST THING EVAR!!! NINTENDO HAVE TOTALLY RUN OUT OF IDEAS LOL!!!

Admittedly, we know borderline nothing about these sequels aside from them being on DS and Kyurem having new forms in them, and the idea of creating sequels of this kind has never been done by Game Freak before, but it's still TEH WORST THING EVAR AND COMPLETELY UNORIGINAL!!!!

Seriously though people, you're allowed to have first impressions, but considering how little we know about these sequels it's a bit much to say Nintendo should stop making Pokemon games just because of them...

31. CraigEmberson Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 20:10

How many more people need to be told... The 3DS is not part of the DS family, it's next generation - whereas the 4 DS machines are previous generation. A DS game cannot have enhanced 3DS features, as the internal technology of the machines are totally different. People are also purely "hoping" the Japanese website says it has 3DS functionality... When really it genuinely translates as "Can be played in 2D on Nintendo 3DS" like every other 3DS game... It may have DSi functionality though, like Black & White, which is also a Nintendo DS console.

32. BlackMageMario Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 20:53

THIS IS TEH WORST THING EVAR!!! NINTENDO HAVE TOTALLY RUN OUT OF IDEAS LOL!!!

This. Seriously, why do people have no confindence in Nintendo these days? They have excisted for more then 110 years as a company. I really wouldn't worry guys. :roll:

I'm really glad about the release date, although its reminding me have to go back and finish Black! :P

- BlackMageMario

33. colourblindyoshi Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 20:56

i love the moderator on this site.

34. Zenuous Monday 27th Feb 2012 at 23:42

To me it just looks like Kyurem is cosplaying.

35. Dana_ava Tuesday 28th Feb 2012 at 11:40

I remember when there was only 150... :)

aye those were the good old days (: i meant that after 251 pokemon the designs just gradually got worse , but thats only my opinion of course (: the first 251 pokemon were the best and always will be in my eyes

36. lrwr14 Tuesday 28th Feb 2012 at 13:40

I don't know how people can hate on the fact that Game Freak are actually making a sequel to a pokemon game instead of the usual boring unoriginal thing they normally do.

37. rukaio101 Tuesday 28th Feb 2012 at 16:38

I remember when there was only 150... :)

Yeah, because isn't this the epitome of Pokemon design?

You know, compared to pathetic old this.

38. serperior Tuesday 28th Feb 2012 at 17:24

Game Freak need to start making up colours for the next game

39. serperior Tuesday 28th Feb 2012 at 17:26

Oh yeah, and new ideas!!!!!
    But don't get me wrong, Pokemon is AWESOME!!!!!

40. Lugia Friday 2nd Mar 2012 at 19:04

Excitement!!

41. Gamerinari Sunday 15th Apr 2012 at 13:38

The new pokemon look terrible do they? I don't see how a puppy is any worse than a purple rat. I don't care if it's top perentage! It's a purple rat. a mushroom is uncreative? An owl that only comes out at night. Yep. The older pokemon are definately WAAAAAAY more creative than the new ones. No. Just no.

42. Black kyurem Sunday 13th May 2012 at 16:01

OMG i cant wait this game will be epic the king of pokemon ds games 8)

43. stealth1497 Sunday 13th May 2012 at 18:48

As some have said, the game will be fine for all those that are worrying. It is basically going to be Platinum but for Gen V, so it will still be excellent, even if it's not in 3D. I mean, are you not going to buy just for that reason...?

44. 3DSicewhitegamer Sunday 13th May 2012 at 19:07

i heard that its on ds and 3ds 8)

45. koopa_kicker Wednesday 13th Jun 2012 at 16:37

Then people moan about Rotom and its strange forms and ability to change its type. Maybe some people are still hyping over gen 1 and 2 stuff like a Rattata is the world's most creative Pokemon. It's a rat... and it's purple. I don't see how can complain about the newer pokemon. Go Victini for looking awesome! (I'm a bit of a Victini addict BTW, I just got my 11th now!)

46. Sophiebecca Thursday 5th Jul 2012 at 01:28

This has gone way, way too far.

I think it's time Nintendo moved on from Pokemon.

I Love Pokemon and i don't want Nintendo to stop making pokemon games.
    It doesn't matter how old you are to like Pokemon I'm 23 and still like them.
    I agree with you on the name of the game and that it should be different.

47. IPLEE XD Tuesday 17th Jul 2012 at 17:26

It looks like kyurem has been mixed with zekrom and reshiram!! - So cool !!
    The game looks awesome, i like the plot of it with the whole it has changed after two years...
    I love pokemon games and my favorite part by far is choosing my starter pokemon and fighting with them for the first time.
    I can't wait for this game to be released in the uk and i love that it is not another one of those annoying ones that you can only play on the 3DS. Overall i just can't wait for it, it looks great!!