Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U confirmed

Ubisoft say Assasin's Creed 3 will blow you away

Assassin's Creed 3 is in development for Wii U. Yes, the next game in the critically acclaimed action series - to be set during the American Revolution - will be released on Nintendo's new console.

Nintendo announced that an Assassin's Creed game would be coming to Wii U at last year's E3 conference, but only today has it been confirmed that Nintendo fans will be able to play Assassin's Creed 3 on their Wii U console when it's released.

Assassin's Creed 3 logo
Assassin's Creed 3 logo
The game is set for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 31st but the Assassin's Creed Wii U release date has yet to be confirmed.

Loading video...

Set during the late 18th century, Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U stars Ratohnaketon, a new hero of Native American and English heritage.

However, he adopts the name Connor to become the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Playing as Connor, you become an assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny.

The events in Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U take place throughout the American Revolutionary War, taking you from from the frontier to bustling colonial towns and the battlefields where George Washington's Continental Army fought the British Army.

According to Ubisoft, you can expect the most stylised and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date.

If so, that'll be partly thanks to Ubisoft-AnvilNext. According to the company, this is a 'revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence.'

No gameplay details were revealed about Asassin's Creed Wii U in the latest press release but last year, Ubisoft said that Assassin's Creed Wii U will have exclusive features, including extra tablet-based functionality like touch screen maps, weapon selection and 'Eagle vision'.

Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot reckons you'll be blown away by the experience. "Assassin's Creed III features the franchise's most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay

"Whether you're a longtime fan of Assassin's Creed or if you're new to the franchise, you're going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin's Creed III."

Are you excited about Assassin's Creed Wii U? Tell us what you'd like to see in the Wii U version that isn't in the other games.

Comments

1. Mighty Shouter Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:07

Awesome! Third parties - keep the AAA titles coming! :D

2. Eternal Darkness Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:08

I'll get it on my PS3 thanks.
    So far the Wii U is just another console for multiplatform games.

3. ThePunnyGuy Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:11

Awesome. Never owned any of them, but I've played a couple and they seen pretty good. I'm happy about the Wii U exclusive features- Ubisoft, I am intrigued :wink:

4. Thegallade Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:14

Not gonna lie this looks......EPIC!!!!!

5. Mighty Shouter Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:24

I'll get it on my PS3 thanks.
    So far the Wii U is just another console for multiplatform games.

If you don't count Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Dragon Quest X, the next Zelda and Mario for Wii U, which is currently in development.

6. Oxo64 Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:30

The change of setting is a little suprising, but a very interesting choice.

7. king of Games Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:37

While I'm excited, that another AAA title is coming to the Wii U. The problem I have, is that for those of us who have never played, the other games in the series how the hell, will we know what the story is all about?

8. lrwr14 Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:47

I'll stick to the xbox 360. I have all the others for xbox.

9. OrangeRakoon Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 17:51

Will most likely get in on PS3, to be fair. Although I have yet to play brotherhood or revelations, so I'm slightly behind on the series.

It looks great though. Apart from the fact that you'll be killing the British ;_;

10. linkends Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 19:46

is there any assassin's creed for the 3ds ?

11. carnivine chaos Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 20:05

is there any assassin's creed for the 3ds ?

There is. If I remember correctly, ONM gave it 70-something% (76?).
    Not that that really means anything to most people, I just like to mention what I know. I don't know what it's called but the art for it looks relatively cartoony.

12. SammyDodger Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 20:07

Same here, might as well get it on the same console as the others unless the Wii U's version is significantly different. It's great to know the Wii U will have AAA support from third parties but they could do with porting over the other Assassin Creed games into some sort of collection.

Also I read somewhere that you'll be fighting both British and Americans. Since the main character is half British and half American he is most likely neutral.

13. SammyDodger Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 20:09

is there any assassin's creed for the 3ds ?

There is. If I remember correctly, ONM gave it 70-something% (76?).

There isn't one for 3DS yet but there's a medicore one for DS I think O_o none of the handheld ones are worth playing or are particularly relevant to the series though.

14. paultheotherone Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 20:11

The WiiU just got a lot sexier!

I honestly think Nintendo are going to blow everyone away at E3, when they keep their cards so close you now they are working on something big!

15. tomonm Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 20:57

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... e-excited/

16. K2000 Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 21:07

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... e-excited/

That is hardly a great sum up though, if I read that, then played the actual games I would be shocked at how much else there is to it.

17. carnivine chaos Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 21:33

There is. If I remember correctly, ONM gave it 70-something% (76?).

Sorry, I thought he said DS.

18. GuitarHero Monday 5th Mar 2012 at 23:21

OK, thanks Ubisoft...

...now time to focus on BG&E.

19. pokemaster Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 08:15

Had the others on 360, but will be getting this on WiiU. All the exclusive features should make it the definitive version. I hope they dont mess it up or leave content out thats on the other platforms though.

20. shadow.x Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 11:19

Only question I can think of is will I get this on PS3 for the trophies or wii u cause its controller.... :/

21. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 13:26

Great news,I've play the 2nd one on my cousin's Xbox and it was really good.
    So I'm looking forward to this.

22. neko paul Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 13:53

Yea geting it for my ps3, not waiting to get this on the wii U if I can get it sooner on a console Iv already got.

23. pokemaniac 212 Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 14:56

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... e-excited/

Yes, but if their sum-up was detailed enough to please you, it would be around 10,000 words long and no-one would bother reading it.

I'm excited for this. I haven't been able to play the previous games in the series, so to finally be able to play one of them will be good. Finally there might be a nintendo console I can get without missing out on all the great 3rd party games.

24. Mighty Shouter Tuesday 6th Mar 2012 at 16:48

Rumours are that if AC3 is successful on Wii U, Ubisoft will consider releasing another AC game that's a catch-up with the past games.

25. PureAwesomeness Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 17:37

YES! AT LAST!

26. hamzahdsi Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 18:48

I wonder how this will work on the WiiU. How exactly would you play assassins creed with a tablet?