Eternal Darkness 2 is possible - Silicon Knights

Would you like Eternal Darkness 2 for Wii U?

Eternal Darkness, the creepy psychological horror game from Silicon Knights was released in 2002. Now, as the much-loved game approaches its tenth anniversary, Silicon Knights chief Denis Dyack has said that Eternal Darkness 2 would be possible.

Asked by Games Industry International if Eternal Darkness 2 would be too much to ask, Dyack replied: "I don't think it is too much to ask. Certainly we love Eternal Darkness. It's a project that's near and dear to our hearts."

<b>Eternal Darkness</b>
Eternal Darkness
It's a game that's dear to our hearts, having made the top 50 in our best Nintendo games of all time feature in the current issue of Official Nintendo Magazine.

However, Dyack refused to be drawn on whether Silicon Knights were working on Eternal Darkness 2. Pressed further on whether the game could be released on a next generation console such as Wii U, Dyack said: "anything's possible."

Were you an Eternal Darkness fan? Would you like Eternal Darkness 2 to be released for Wii U?

[ Source: NintendoEverything ]

Comments

1. Tobeh Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 10:32

That would be so awesome! I loved Eternal Darkness. It's truly unique in some ways. It's the only game I've played that convinces me my game file is corrupt just to mess with my head!

Big T

2. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 10:53

Thanks to Chris's big giveaway late last year I'm currently playing Eternal Darkness now!
    Its started off fine and I didn't find it scary at all... until just after chapter 3 when the noises start in the mansion and you first check out the second floor. It probably dosesn't help that I'm playing it just before my bedtime at night on my own with the lights off.
    I'll wait until I'm finished before I decide that I want another one.

3. zwii01 Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 10:54

I really hope this happens! I played through the first game and loved it (I have yet to find similar gameplay in other games!), but I thought there were a few things that were stopping it from being the best it could be. So with a new platform and a few tweaks Eternal Darkness 2 could be an incredible game and a definite purchase!

4. ACRID Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 10:55

Make it so.

5. danbish Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 11:28

Absolutley I would! Eternal Darkness is a fantastic game and I'd love to see a follow up to it!

6. Dean Thompson Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 11:41

What do you mean 'were you'?! I still am an ED fan.

7. thecoop Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 12:12

Do it now do it now do it now. Put it out on Wii U and make use of it's unique features.

8. jaco_p Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 12:26

played it through 3 times to get the special ending :-) love this game, brilliant atmosphere and insanity effects are awesome

9. ninjafox Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 13:47

I would love an Eternal Darkness 2 to be released as the original was great with some truly terrifying moments when your Sanity meter got low. The music was truly creepy as well and MartinIsAwesome i know what you mean about the noises in the mansion! I can only imagine what Silicon Knights could achieve on a modern console.

Now i have read this article i will be playing Eternal Darkness tonight to remind myself how great the game is and for anyone who has not played it and likes horror games i would thoughly reccomend picking it up.

10. Oxo64 Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 15:08

I'm gutted I missed out on the original. I'd still love to see a sequel though.

11. j bean Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 15:58

The original game was one of my favourites on the gamecube. I would love to see them make a sequel. Even the missus was a big fan of the first game and solitaire is normally the extent of her gaming habits!

12. Pappi Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 17:19

I'd march up to the counter and vomit up money. I would buy a WIIU for this, in all seriousness.

13. RedBearLuX Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 18:12

Quite simply. Yes please. :)

14. boxlink Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 18:16

Hell Yeah Eternal Darkness 2 great move (HardCore).

15. shroomer Thursday 8th Mar 2012 at 21:46

Has to be one of the best produced third party titles ever, I'll never forget rushing over to turn the game off when the screen went black with a message saying "save file corrupt deleting saves files".
    Also some of the best mind bending in game tricks I've ever seen.

Wouldn't mind getting this game again, a Wiiu version would be excellent. :lol:

16. Pappi Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 16:53

Probably one of my fave games, period.

17. AlanWeird Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 18:10

Oh... gamecube...

I still have my copy of NOM (That's NOM, not this ONM silliness) where eternal darkness was on the cover. There's a period in time where I had no playstations. I had no xboxes. I was fiercely loyal to Nintendo with the PS2 and Gamecube. I bought NOM weekly. I may never have been hyped for this game without that magazine!

The resident evil remake/zero/4 and this were undoubtedly the best horror based games I have ever had the luck of playing. Yes I've played the fatal frames/project zeros and silent hills (I didn't like the silent hill games AT ALL) but damn, this game really kicked some bummocks.

Silicon knights haven't really... done alot. They're like Rare in that aspect. They spend far too long working on games that come out and are inevitably crap. Yes... I also read so many previews of Too Human for so many years in Nintendo mags that I bought it when it hit the 360. it stunk. as did xmen destiny. I don't think they'd fail with a new Eternal Darkness, so I'm all for this.

(I bought a 360 incredibly early for Kameo. You have no idea how much Rare meant to us late 90's early 00s Ninty fans. It sickens me when I think of what they are and all they've had cancelled now... for wii sports imitations.)

18. nintendorule Friday 16th Mar 2012 at 12:43

This needs to happen : )

19. ljay26 Thursday 17th May 2012 at 00:40

I just signed up to this site so I could write this on the wall. Please make eternal darkness 2, the first one was a really great game, a few in the horror list to scare me silly and I have to admit I peed my pants playing it.

If it comes out on the Wii U, I'M pre-ordering that!