Mega Man creator wants to make Wii U game

Keiji Inafune interested in Wii U

Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, is the latest developer to declare an interest in Wii U.

Inafune, who is currently making King Of Pirates for 3DS, admitted that he hasn't worked with Wii U yet but he would like the opportunity to make a Wii U game.

"I can't comment too much about it because I haven't touched it yet, but whenever Nintendo comes out with something new, it's always good," Inafune told Gamespot. "So I'm confident it must be impressive. If I get a chance, I always want to try out creating for a new platform. So I'm looking forward to that chance.

He believes that Nintendo's new console will prent a new challenge in motion control. "It's in that testing stage, so I'm really interested," Inafune added.

In the same interview, Inafune spoke of the future of Mega Man after Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled.

"All I can say is I hope to see the new Mega Man because I've left a lot of people with my DNA [at Capcom]. But if they can't, I'm always open if Capcom asks us to be the developer. We'd take it."

Inafune to create a Mega Man game for Wii U? Would you like it to happen?

Comments

1. Redfish20 Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 11:56

Why on Earth not? Megaman is awesome, the WiiU will be awesome, what could possibly go wrong?

2. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 12:04

I'd be more interested in playing King of Pirates first! I was wondering when that game would come up again. I like Mega Man, so I hope to see a new one eventually. Until then I've still got the Virtual Console and WiiWare games to plough through (I've only completed Mega Man 2 - 1 and 3 are so~ hard!)

3. shy guy 64 Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 14:34

i look forward to seeing what he comes up with

4. Darkblizz Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 15:51

Legends 3!!

With Legends 1 and 2 as unlockables. Or on a bonus disc.

5. 3DSRulesO.K Tuesday 13th Mar 2012 at 19:48

They should make a mega man game that plays like Metroid Prime!

And it should be on Wii U!

It makes sense, he wants to make a Wii U game, the fans want more love for mega man

Mega man legends 3 or mabye Mega man 11?

6. NEO.BAHAMUT Wednesday 14th Mar 2012 at 13:49

Mega Man is my favourite game series of all time, so naturally I would love to see him on the WiiU.

What I would love personally would be HD remakes of Mega Man 1-10, on one disk. That would make my life complete.

7. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 14th Mar 2012 at 18:56

You kids and your HD remakes.