Is Epic Mickey 2 coming to 3DS?

Epic Mickey 2: Power Of Illusion on way to handheld according to reports

Epic Mickey 2 is coming to 3DS. That's the word from the Official Nintendo Magazine France, which has tweeted confirmation of a game called Epic Mickey 2: Power Of Illusion.

"Presentation of the Epic Mickey 2 will take place next week. 3DS version, Power of Illusion, more classic 2D is also provided for."

<b>Epic Mickey - Wii</b>
Epic Mickey - Wii
Warren Spector is set to reveal his epic new project next week but it is unclear if Epic Mickey 2 3DS will be the main game on show or if there will be versions of other games on show.

This won't be the first time that Mickey Mouse has starred in an 'Illusion' game, having previously appeared in the Mega Drive game Mickey's World Of Illusion.

Would you like to play Epic Mickey 2 on 3DS?

[ Source: NeoGaf ]

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 13:39

if that's real then it sounds pretty cool

2. Darkblizz Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 14:00

So now it IS Epic Mickey 2 that Spector's confirming?

3. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 14:02

That is awesome news.

4. PuAl Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 14:26

Don't forget the two Illusion games that came before it, 'Castle of Illusion' and 'Land of Illusion', both of which being slightly closer to an Epic Mickey title in that they only star Mickey, whereas 'World of Illusion' also starred Donald Duck.

5. Magmortar963 Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 15:45

Yes, it is coming to 3DS, but why release two identical games on two Nintendo systems?

6. nukuleardawg Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 16:04

@Magmortar963. Why not, just means more games for the 3ds which is good news, if you can bring it to 2 consoles from the same company then great, theyve done it with loads of other games anyway i.e Rayman origins

7. Toastie Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 16:16

Obvious Google Translate is obvious.

8. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 16:19

I had Castle of Illusion on Game Gear at one point. I have no idea what happened to it, and I can't remember ever even getting past the first level, but I do remember it being loads of fun. It'd be great if this game can follow that pegidree.

9. Zenuous Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 20:17

oh my god an illusion sequel

someone pinch me I must be dreaming

I positively loved Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion, they're my most favourite games on the Mega Drive, after the Sonic games.

10. nintendorule Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 21:12

I want this to be a Wii U launch title. That would be EPIC!!!!!

11. MikeIt0rNot69 Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 21:20

Sure why not if Rayman can Mickey should too

12. jeffgrant Tuesday 20th Mar 2012 at 22:30

This would be pretty awesome! Would much prefer it on a home console though!

13. CraigEmberson Wednesday 21st Mar 2012 at 05:15

This would be pretty awesome! Would much prefer it on a home console though!

Well, all news tells us that the new game IS Epic Mickey 2 and that one is being made for Wii U and one is being made for 3DS but that doesn't mean they're both the same game but it hints they'll connect in some way.

14. galaxydragon Wednesday 21st Mar 2012 at 10:59

3DS? Yes please! ^0^

15. Gamerinari Monday 26th Mar 2012 at 17:23

eh... I played it on my Wii, and to be honest, it bored me. I don't think I'll be getting it on the 3DS.