Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's Types confirmed

More details on the Pokemon Black and White 2 cover stars

It looks as though Black Kyurem and White Kyurem will be Dragon/Ice Type in Pokemon Black and White 2. New details about the Pokemon have been revealed on new Pokemon Black and White 3DS cases that are being sold on Amazon Japan.

The cases reveal the stats for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Both are Dragon/Ice type, just like Pokemon Black and White's Kyurem. Black Kyurem is 3.3 metres tall and weighs in at 325kg. White Kyurem weighs the same but is 3.6 metres tall.

Many assumed Black Kyurem and White Kyurem would have different Types from Kyurem after the Pokemon Black and White 2 box art was revealed, seemingly showing electricity shooting from Black Kyurem's body and fire surrounding White Kyurem.

However, it has since been confirmed that these images reveal Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in overdrive, a state they reach when their emotions are worked up.

We'll discover more Pokemon Black and White details in April.

Comments

1. Sonic56 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 10:20

This lookes awesome. I expect there abilitys will be overdrive and then they become either dragon and fire and dragin and electric or ice and fire and ice and elecrtric. Super pumped

2. shy guy 64 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 10:20

fair enough i suppose

3. lava_princeton Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 12:40

dragon and ice is an awesome combo! Now there wont be the annoying super ice weakness that usually KOs dragon pokemon

4. JediToaster Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 13:06

But then their basically just the same? I was hoping for something more interesting... :? :(

5. pokemaniac 212 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 14:01

They each have a unique signature move, and we don't know how overdrive works yet, so there's still hope.

6. Dark nemisis Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 14:11

Taking the ice weakness out won't make much of a difference because it will have a new weakness to rock however it will make it much easier to defeat other dragon types. I'm interested in what differences B/W 2 will have with the originals and what they keep the same. I would like to see most of re current features unchanged since I only have white and would still like to use my pass orbs and go to black city.

7. SammyDodger Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 14:13

Guess it makes sense, I guess he'll probably be able to learn a good few fire and electric moves though too. I expect a varied move pool.

8. koopa_kicker Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 15:23

I heard that one form will have an ice type move that can burn, while the other has an ice type move that can paralyze.

9. Skywardwolf23 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 15:43

Bit of a let down to be honest but I guess they'll have the version exclusives :(

10. colourblindyoshi Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 16:38

whats wrong with ice? its like bug was in the first gen to psychic - some way to take them down. many of these pokemon have very high stats, and with an ice type it can level the field a bit. mind you dragon ice type also cuts some of dragon's resistances, so this is generally good all round

all hail the ice types (see what i did there?)

11. TheRandomC Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 16:57

I would of liked them to have different types, I love Electric and Fire. :(

12. ThePokekid78 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 18:20

Really weird and annoying how Kyurem's type won't change, kinda spoils the whole point in different formes? Dragon/Fire would have been cool...

13. breedy95 Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 19:30

Sounds good to me! I don't care what type they are anyway, I just know that they look cool, especially in ultra form. Even if it is like Digimon XD

14. jayummz Saturday 31st Mar 2012 at 01:30

Will reshiram be the version exclusive Pokemon to Pokemon black 2 or will it be Zekrom. Because i prefer Reshiram and it'd make no sense for me to have Pokemon black and then get Pokemon white 2

15. MagicMan5 Saturday 31st Mar 2012 at 10:21

I hope they make a 3d version of it aswell...

16. irishmarcoos Saturday 31st Mar 2012 at 14:29

I was wondering why these are 3DS covers, is it an elongated April Fool that they are really for the 3DS? :)

17. kinglear93 Monday 2nd Apr 2012 at 18:23

hmm still not convinced ..... openmind though ;)

18. shadow.x Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 15:37

It kinda sucks that they are both the same type but Its still cool combos. I think what would have been beyond awesome would be if it had a triple type.. I can wish..

19. benjymc Friday 6th Apr 2012 at 10:58

SO They are the same then :?

20. Qyror Wednesday 25th Apr 2012 at 09:55

The sprites look amazing. I'd say they'd be ice and fire/electric. I just hope they live up to their awesome looks