Pokemon Conquest confirmed for US

The new name for Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition

Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition is coming to the US this summer under the name Pokemon Conquest. The new Pokemon DS game was recently released in Japan and now it has been announced that it will be released in the US on June 18th.

So why the new name? Well, the Nobunaga's Ambition games aren't well known outside of Japan so it makes sense for Nintendo to rename it Pokemon Conquest for the US release.

Pokemon Conquest is a turn-based strategy game in which you play as a Warlord who has to build a bond with their Pokemon in order to become more powerful and intimidate his foes. You'll be battling Warlords and their Pokemon in a bid to unite the Ransei region.

Pokemon from Pokemon Black and White's Unova region will be joined by older Pokemon in Pokemon Conquest. Nobunaga's partner is Pokemon Black and White's Zekrom, Oichi (your helper in the game) has Jigglypuff, Mitsuhude teams up with Articuno, Shingen with Groudon while Mewtwo is Kenshin's partner.

According to the official Pokemon website, "Pokémon Conquest takes Pokémon video games to an all-new level!"

Hopefully Pokemon Black and White 2 will be the one to take Pokemon videogames to an all-new level when they're released in the Autumn but US gamers have an extra Pokemon game to look forward to this summer.

Would you like this to be released in the UK? Take a look at the first English-language screenshots below and let us know.

Comments

1. Eternal Darkness Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 12:37

GET HYPE!

2. K-tet Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 12:40

It may be worth importing. I don't think the game has any DSi enhancements of note (though I could be wrong), therefore it'll play on any DS platform without problem. If however the game is DSi enhanced, the game will still play on any DS and DS Lite device as they don't give a damn when it comes to region locking.

Just to clear up any confusion people may have, any game that makes use of any DSi enhancements (such as the camera for video chat) will only play on a native region's DSi or 3DS. Any normal DS game can be played on any DS platform (including 3DS) without problem.

3. Serebii Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 12:50

It will almost certainly be coming in Europe.

It is DSi Enhanced. My copy doesn't work on my UK DSi and 3DS.

4. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 13:28

Great news,it should hopefully be coming to Europe.

5. DeadlyCreature Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 14:02

I'd buy it.

6. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 14:31

Great news, larger chance of coming to Europe now, what would make this even better is if we got the black Rayquaza wi-fi event to go along with this game's release.

7. LewiiG Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 14:59

Cool. But I wish I knew about all this Nobunaga stuff. It's anoying when I can't get the whole story just cause i'm not Japanese. Like the Fire Emblem series. Oh well. I am learning Japanese for reasons like this... :D
    Despite that i'd probably play it as it does seem to be on a new level of epic for the Pokemon series. 8)

8. MML3Savior Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 15:11

Umm...yay? I was never really interested in this game. Of course, I hope it gets localized for everyone in the UK. :wink:

9. MarvelFan Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 16:00

This looks good. I like puzzle games and with a Pokemon spin, it should be worth picking up on release. Now it is in english, I will be looking out for it more.

10. Skywardwolf23 Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 16:20

Looks like it's worth a purchase.

11. kylewithaface Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 18:29

brilliant, im going to america on the 21st of June so definitely going to get it

12. The_BAAD_Man Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 18:31

Yeah I'd definitely get this! The gameplay seems to resemble Final Fantasy Tactics. Not a bad thing!

13. Tepig95 Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 19:47

I'm definitely getting this! The character designs look cool and tbh, being a massive Pokemon fan, I'm pretty happy buying anything as long as it's got Pokemon in it... I didn't think this had a chance of being localised so I'm very pleasantly surprised (assuming it's gonna come to Europe too).

14. TaskOfMajora Wednesday 4th Apr 2012 at 20:09

And it's set in either the 1600's, the 1500's or the 1800's of Japan's chivelrous past? I think?

15. CraigEmberson Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 00:52

Oh how your comment frustrates me... The 3DS is NOT a DS platform, seriously. The DS line of platforms are DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL - Nintendo 3DS is next generation technology that has to utilise Dual Screens due to previous generation compatibility and consistent evolution.

16. Beyond Birthday Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 02:14

Um...critical research failure much?

17. Serebii Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 08:59

Na. It's not a historical. It's set in a different region, not in Japan. There are references in the game to other regions where Pokémon are stored in balls

18. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 09:06

Has anyone else noticed the similarities in design between the Player Characters for this game and Hilbert and Hilda from Pokemon B/W?

19. TheAPERSON Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 10:51

I would guess the characters would be renamed come the US release, because I somehow doubt they would keep the character's Japanese names in there, though some games have kept the same names I suppose.

20. Shmilly Thursday 5th Apr 2012 at 11:45

DO WANT DO WANT

-and the name is more suitable too-

21. Dimpee Sunday 8th Apr 2012 at 12:01

Don't care how good it is. I am not buying another DS game. Gamefreak and Nintendo need to reward 3DS users.

22. KamkoTheFireKat Sunday 8th Apr 2012 at 13:44

I was looking up on this game a little bit beforehand, and I thought it looked pretty interesting. I'd be more than happy for it to be released in the UK. I kind of wish they'd keep the original name though...

23. Nickario Monday 9th Apr 2012 at 09:23

I was so happy to hear this getting a western release! Seems like a really interesting way to take Pokemon. Hoping for a European release date soon!

24. pikachugoomba Thursday 3rd May 2012 at 16:58

Sounds great, I love RPGs and I have about 6 toy Pikachu's, so this is built from the ground up!
    Although Gale of Darkness wasn't, then this is the game I've been waiting for

25. Robbo-92 Thursday 3rd May 2012 at 17:31

Looks quite good, to me this appeals more than Pokemon mystery dungeon did

26. rukaio101 Thursday 3rd May 2012 at 17:46

Good for you. I'm gonna go and enjoy Pokemon Conquest and B/W 2.