Pokemon Black and White 2 to feature 300 Pokemon

Unova freezes over - all new details on the most exciting DS games of the year

Pokemon Black and White 2 is to feature 300 Pokemon, including old Pokemon. That's the big news from the latest issue of CoroCoro magazine which reveals all-new details on on the forthcoming DS games.

Pokemon Black and White's main adventure only features Pokemon from the Unova region but this time the Unova Pokedex features 300 Pokemon, including Pokemon from Black And White and old favourites such as Psyduck ((#026), Riolu (#033) and Metagross is (#254).

As for the adventure itself, it is set two years after Black and White and Unova is partially frozen. Although the game is set in the familiar region of Unova, there are new areas, including a place called Hiougi City where you begin your new adventure.

Hiougi City is home to a Pokemon Centre and a Trainer School and, according to Serebii, you can visit a viewing area where you can look over the city. From there you can see shops and blue and red statues all around Unova. There are also underwater tunnels with clear glass where you can see mantines swimming around.

Another yet-to-be-named area is home to a gym leader called Homika who specialises in poison. Shizui is another gym leader who specialises in Water Types.

The main boy and girl characters you play as look new while your rival in Pokemon Black And White 2 is a trainer with spiky hair who was your childhood friend, and you'll also meet a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokemon Strength.

That's all for now but you can look forward to seeing the first Pokemon Black and White 2 gameplay video on Pokemon Smash this weekend.

What do you think of this news and which Pokemon should return in Pokemon Black And White 2?

[ Source: Serebii ]

Comments

1. dragoncrasher Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:13

First post on thread!
    I just wanna say: WOAH. :shock:

2. LuigiFoofighter Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:18

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I hope it reintroduces the battle frontier and a few more post-game shenanigans, as - whilst I enjoyed black and white - I found the game after the elite four a little lacking.

I also hope that they (as suggested numerous times by others) have a second region after you blitz through Unova, it would be even better if they include the story in the "new" region, and make some wee changes to surprise the player.

3. bearatic Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:19

Great to see they're releasing more than just a quick revamp. A new starting town and Unova will completely change the plot and the team you create. I can't wait!

4. dragoncrasher Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:21

I want Gengar. Just cause he's epic win. 8)

5. Hennypenny Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:23

Sounds pretty good to me, when they say new pokemon do they mean NEW pokemon, or pokemon that were in Black and White?

6. Slinkington Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:25

So instead of giving us the next game in the series, they're just mixing up Pokemon Black and White again. Oh yay. I can't believe there are potentially no NEW Pokemon in the game? It better not be the same region and trainer, too. This game sounds like the most disappointing one so far.

7. Tamzily01 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:41

It's more than just an extended remake of the original games, like what they're always done up to this point. It's an entirely new game, with new characters, story, and so on. In effect, it's a continuation of the Black & White story.

8. tomonm Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:41

They mean Pokemon that were in Pokemon Black and White. I have amended the article to make that clear.

9. lrwr14 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:44

Hope they add underwater parts like ruby and sapphire had, pokemon B/W didn't really have any just a small area. Glad to see Metagross in, since there are so many pokemon now, a lot of the old pokemon don't seem to appear in the games any more.

10. master sword Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:47

interesting, be nice to see what happens with this one, be pretty epic if the final boss was the protagonist from the first black and white (also be a nice throwback to G/S/C) oh well, just have to wait and see

11. colourblindyoshi Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:50

300 different wild pokemon? PREPARE FOR NUZLCOKE, WHITE 2.

(just realises zubat is probably one of them)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

but this game will be awesome anyway

12. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:50

Would love to see Scyther return.And Elekid.And Missingo...

13. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:52

300 different wild pokemon? PREPARE FOR NUZLCOKE, WHITE 2.

(just realises zubat is probably one of them)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

but this game will be awesome anyway

I would only do nuzlocke if there were multiple files.

14. RJD26 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 09:56

To say the least Black and White had one of the worst storys ever. To hear there changing it and extending it and adding new gyms (please dont take any of the old ones away!!!!) Its also good to hear that there adding old pokemon. Its always good to get some of the old school(Gengar!!). It also brings back some of the pokemon that new players would have never met before.

I give that next year the remakes on Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald will be out. Or just in time for christmas. So parents buy them for christmas. NOM please make a note for of this. :)

15. inuyashaDS Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:13

Looks awesome

16. Da_Epic_Fail Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:25

The idea of Unova changing is cool, it will hopefully make the game more unique and less of a rehash of the original, hopefully working in a way similar to how Kanto was used in G/S/C and HG/SS, like a mini new area past Anville Town or something, also nice to see some older Pokémon come back, just make Dratini available and we have a deal. :D
    However, while the rival looks okay, the new player characters look stupid compared to the B/W ones IMO, what is up with the hair? The boy looks like a tree of some sort and the girl looks like something from Sailor Moon.

17. Accelgor7 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:32

I seriously cant wait for pokemon black2!!!!! I wonder if they'll have starters from different regions... When I heard the game had been announced, I was shocked as I, and many other pokemon fans alike, though it would be pokemon grey with Kyurem more centred to the story. In any case, i will be paying the Ł30, Ł35 or Ł40 price tag im predicting for one or maybe both the games (:

18. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:34

Starters from different regions would be awesome!Aso,welcome to ONM.

19. theycallmejack Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:43

I genuinely think this has the potential to be the best Pokemon game yet! Well... maybe it won't beat my favourites, HeartGold and SoulSilver, but it seems to be a definite improvement over Black and White! I found the way you could only catch Unova Pokemon very limiting to be honest... also, I hope they keep the old gyms as well as adding the new ones, that way you could choose which gyms to challenge in order to get your eight badges! (Though I doubt that'll happen, some of the old ones will be iced over no doubt.) And I think more post-game stuff would be nice, how about throwing in a Sevii Islands style bit like in FireRed and LeafGreen or a cool safari zone bit like in HeartGold and SoulSilver?! Though I can't deny, I just want them to bring Hoenn back. Ruby and Sapphire may not have been as well received as other titles in the series, but the region of Hoenn was so brilliantly designed and different from other regions its just too good not to bring back!

20. wghtmf Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:45

BLOWN MY MIND!!!!!!!!
    PS I want to see Grumpig in there. No idea why.

21. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:47

BLOWN MY MIND!!!!!!!!
    PS I want to see Grumpig in there. No idea why.

Yeahhh,people have seen to forgotten that Spoink has an evo that's very fat. :(

22. ZodiacXYZ Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:56

Huh, wow. Direct sequels? This almost makes up for it not being released on the 3DS. New areas, new gyms and a new storyline makes these essentially brand new games, hence definitely worth the buy. But one thing with the new protagonists...is the male one wearing tights underneath his shorts?

23. LFOB Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 10:59

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT A POISON GYM!!! Let's just hope there's no confusion one... *Shudders*

24. ZodiacXYZ Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 11:11

Also on the protagonists, I'm going to put my early bid in now that you'll definitely meet up with the protagonists from Black & White towards the end of the new games. And given that you'll be able to battle against them, similar to Red on Mt. Silver, although I don't consider them legendary enough for that right, and/or battle with them, similar to Steven at the Mossdeep Space Center in Pokemon Emerald.

That being said, how old are these new protagonists supposed to be? I remember reading that the Black & White protagonists were supposed to be "a little more mature" than the 10 year olds of previous generations...has that continued?

25. shy guy 64 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 11:29

awsome cant wait

26. nick_gc Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 11:50

Can we just pretend Pokemon ended at Pokemon Yellow? That's the only Pokemon that had be playing non-stop. Though I suppose I did enjoy Emerald and I actually played White long enough to get to the Elite Four though I didn't beat them.

Too many pokemon. Too many hidden stats.

27. WaterMaster230 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 12:00

This is definitely shaping up to be a very interesting game. 300 Pokemon? An ice-covered region? Awesome! I honestly can't wait for this game!

28. KoreeluStromboli Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 12:11

I like how there are going to be new Gym Leaders. It would be cool if there were 10 instead 8; that would be a nice change of pace for me. Also, there needs to be a Dark-type Gym; it's been too damn long!

After you beat Black and White 2, you could be able to challenge N and one of the Black and White protagonists to battles. Ideally, they'd be the Gold/Silver/Crystal's Reds of the game.

29. YoshiFan15 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 12:15

I would like:

Nidoran line
    Sycther line
    Venomoth
    Donphan
    Aipom line
    Heracross
    Tropius
    Flygon line
    Buizel line

And many more, those were just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

These games look as if they may well be the best ever! They just seem a lot like G/S/C.

30. Xenoblade Hero Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 12:29

I completely agree with this. If the Battle Frontier IS returning, I think it should have many different areas (well over 7), including a VGC style battle room. Some lengthy minigames would be nice as well; the Pokemon Contest's were much better than the lacking Pokemon Musicals. B/W seemed to run out of steam after it finished, and the only motivation to keep playing the game was for competitive battling.

31. faydaway Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 12:55

LOOKS AWSOME but still hoping for the anoucement of Hoen Im quite new to pokemon my first game was diamond so I never got to play a hoen game and I really want to. I think more pokemon may be hinting Hoen or another reigon after Unova also I hope different starters is very likely due to the new starter town and maybe a new proffessor for the same reason I wonder if Unovas been in some sort of disaster because of the freezing over or something like that :lol: :D

I bet the freezing have something to do with Kyurem and maybe near the end Reshiram might come and melt the Ice God I hope theirs a new Villain team because I hated team plasma the way you never got to battle any different leaders except for Ghetisis and N I wish it was like team aqua and magma sort of thing with two opposing teams :D

32. HyrulianToad Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 13:40

Doesn't sound like much has changed . I think I'll wait for the 3DS version now. :(

33. Serebii Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 13:45

Too many pokemon. Too many hidden stats.

You do realise that all the hidden stats, IVs, EVs etc. (even Happiness for Pikachu), were in Yellow, right?

It's a sequel, what did you expect really? :/ It's at least changing the formula. It's coming back to a region later on in its life rather than just repeating it. It has loads of new areas and a new narrative

34. nintengeek Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 14:06

Completely agree with what Serebii has posted. Too many people here not familiar with the way Pokémon works. There's no way they would bring out new Pokémon when Gen V has only been out for just over 1 year (in Europe). The "too many hidden stats" argument is pretty stupid since they've always existed. It's not like you need to pay attention to them.

Anyway, I can't wait for the games to be released. I personally want to see the Togepi line in this game and maybe the possibility of obtaining other starters somehow.

35. GoldenSun Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 14:39

One word- SuperPokemonNewsThatThereIsANewTownAndPartiallyFrozenUnovaWhichIsAwesome!!!!

36. Toastie Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:04

It's great to see some new gyms, including the first ever poison type gym! Hopefully they'll be in addition to existing ones, so we'll have more than 8 gyms. Also, a city as a starting area sounds interesting - it certainly seems as though they are shaking up the formula for these games. I am quite disappointed that 'old' Pokemon are returning. I liked how only Gen V Pokemon lived in Unova.

37. GoldenSun Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:18

Wait- is Eevee one of the 300 pokemon? If so- auto buy!

And rival wise, what would be awesome is if the rival was your sibling (In the Game, not in real life)

Secondly, I do not think that it is the first poison gym, as I think there was a poison gym in Fuchsia city. The only type that has not had a gym yet is Dark for some bizarre reason.

Thirdly, I do not want grass, fire and water starters, because if they are changing the formula of the series (i.e. Not a remake, set in future etc.) Then I would like the starter types to be different.

Finally, This looks awesome.

38. ash123 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:23

i soo gonna get the game :D

39. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:26

Your right,Fuchsia was poison.Also,Dark may have no gyms but a few elite 4 are Dark type trainers.

40. shy guy 64 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:32

including the first ever poison type gym!

as other people have said, it our second and our 3rd poison gym leader

41. GoldenSun Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:35

Knew it! I was sure that there was a poison gym in another pokemon game, but I still had to look it up to confirm it. I know there are Dark type trainers in the elite 4, but I still think that there should be a dark gym. It would be cool.

42. bowser-cario Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:51

Yeahhh...

43. Pyron12 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 15:53

"Finally, we know a bit more about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's moves. Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock while White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn."
    Knew that already.
    As for the 300 pokemon :shock: I hope the Ralts family are in the game cause they are good.
    I prefer the BW's trainer look for some reason (the new one is wierd).

44. faydaway Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 16:05

I hope their is a new battle style or something like you can create your own moves by combining moves also Anime style battles and sounds. I hope that triple gym is no longer the same because I found it disapointing that u could only challenge 1 of the 3 main types or at least you can battle all 3 or choose the one you battle

45. timwood1709 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 16:35

300 Pokemon welcome back Geodude and zubat! (facepalm)

46. charljenky29 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 19:33

Sequel of generation freezes region. Never seen that before.. but nevertheless WOAH.

47. Kirby8 Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 19:45

Looking forward to these games! Can't wait to hear more! XD

48. kirlia trainer Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 20:52

First when I saw Black and White Kyurem, I thoght the games would turn out to be a break for the "Pokémon's golden game streak". And to mention it, I were disapointed then I heard the games would be released to DS and not 3DS. But after I saw those leaking pictures from coro coro, my thoghts about BW2 turned out to be a lot more positive! I'm so excited! Yes, the third game evloves from the first two games in a region, but this is an awesome change! New areas, new trainers (sure, I loved the main characters in B/W a lot more), a plot two years after the story in BW and a Pokédex with some Pokémon from other generations. I just hope Elesa and Skyla has'nt layd their gym jobs away. I'm seeing forward to play those games now.

49. CraigEmberson Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 23:16

What I want to know is - Where are you getting this from? CoroCoro actually says that the starter Pokedex (Unova Pokedex) now has 300 mixed generation Pokemon within it BEFORE you unlock the full National Pokedex. You've got your wires HUGELY crossed ONM and Serebii.net...

50. CraigEmberson Thursday 12th Apr 2012 at 23:23

Well, if you think about it... They've made a great strategic move here. Bringing it to DS again means they have more time to work on the 3DS games, which they've had since early-mid 2010 now. They made a Pokemon Rumble sequel to test the water with, in terms of using it and making a game on the system - as well as Pokedex 3D, which has the most amazing Pokemon models I've seen so far on a HANDHELD! The 3DS carts can handle up to 8GB of data, depending on how much they need, so potentially - The Pokemon Company could make a seriously awesome new generation duo of games, which heavily utilizes it's abilities (Streetpass, Spotpass, AR battles with or without cards, Gyro Controls for being able to circle the battlefield/Look through telescopes, etc...). If the next generation is as awesome as I think it will be, then I think it could beat even Black & White.

51. IPecksU Friday 13th Apr 2012 at 09:55

Weren't we praising the original black and white for NOT doing this? but yeah, i get that it's a sequel and needs to have as many new features as possible. comment now void.

52. GoldenSun Friday 13th Apr 2012 at 15:34

I was thinking, you know this takes place 2 years after the original games, and Unova has been frozen and Kyurem is an ice Pokemon, and we caught him in the originals- what I realized is that if Kyurem caused the freezing in Unova, then could the original protaganist be......................................... evil? :twisted:

53. bowser-cario Friday 13th Apr 2012 at 15:45

No,it can't be!I refuse to believe it! :o

54. geengy Friday 13th Apr 2012 at 20:02

Wow, a new region maybe?

Hell, let me buy this (Or else here comes blood)

55. JoeLikesFood Monday 16th Apr 2012 at 17:24

Can't wait for this , have'nt been this excited sience ocarina of time on 3ds !!!

56. Zekrom.Kuro Monday 16th Apr 2012 at 21:24

The games look awesome... it said on serebii that the starters are the same... did the people in frozen Unova die? Will we still be able to go there?I would like to see:
    Sneasel line
    Lucario line
    Gastly line
    Ralts line
    Larvitar line
    will we still be able to get zekrom?

57. MrPokemon907 Wednesday 18th Apr 2012 at 20:56

People Were Constantly Complaining About Just How Ugly The Unova Pokemon Are.
    I Strongly Believe That These Classic Pokemon Were Included In This Dex To Heal That Problem
    Nintendo:
    {For The New Pokemon Players Of Course}
    Player:
    Hey,The New Unova Pokemon Aren't Really That Bad.
    My Gosh...
    It's Like You Guys an Out Of Creativity Or Something.

58. rukaio101 Thursday 19th Apr 2012 at 18:13

People Were Constantly Complaining About Just How Ugly The Unova Pokemon Are.
    Nintendo:
    {For The New Pokemon Players Of Course}
    Player:
    Hey,The New Unova Pokemon Aren't Really That Bad.
    My Gosh...
    It's Like You Guys an Out Of Creativity Or Something.

Correction: A very small amount of the fanbase were complaining about the new Pokemon. Which happens pretty much every generation. Mostly because people like to complain about stuff.