Smash Bros. Boss Screens

See who you'll be facing in the Subspace Emissary mode

Some of the bosses in Smash Bros.' Subspace Emissary mode are amazing. Check out the screens below and you can see Rayquaza from Pokemon and Metroid's Meta Ridley.

Rayquaza is a legendary Pokemon from Emerald who attacks with his charge and his mighty Iron Tail.

Porky is from Earthbround where he was called Pokey Minch. He's in two forms here - in his mech and as a statue. When he's in his mech you'll have to watch out for his little machine legs if you want to survive. He also has a guided laser and can launch Porky robots. As for Porky's statue, he's very powerful and you can't beat him so you just have to dodge and shield.

Rayquaza
Rayquaza
Then there's Ridley, the commander of the Space Pirate Army from the Metroid series. He flies around in the air, descending to hit you. Meta Ridley is another form of Ridley from Metroid Prime and the fight against him takes place on the back of the Falcon Flyer. He has attacks where he scrapes his feet along the ground and pushes down on the Falcon Flyer, sending you, erm, flying.

The other two bosses mentioned here - Duon and Galleom - are unique to Smash Bros. Galleom is an iron giant who you have to fight twice. He can transform into a tank and fire missiles.

Duon is a tough character with guns on one side and a sword on the other so you'll have to dodge his big blade and guided missiles.

Comments

1. Arcanine Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 12:39

thanks for spoiling it for me, well done.

2. Icarus_Kid Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 12:54

yeah, thanks for spoling it, again.

3. tomonm Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 14:28

Okay guys. If you don't want to read anything about Smash Bros., I suggest you don't click the link. The headline says Smash Bros Boss screens and the sub-head reads 'See who you'll be facing in the subspace emissary mode.'

So if you don't want to apoil it for yourself and find out who you'll be fighting in the subspace emissary mode, don't click on the story. It's as simple as that.

If I'd written Meta Ridley, Rayquaza and Porky revealed' in the sub-head then you would have been well within your rights to say that I'd spoiled it for you but i didn't. I left it deliberately vague so those who wanted to find out more could click and those who didn't could leave it.

I'm not going to post big spoiler warnings on every story that I do as it will get silly so you have to read the headline and subhead to decide if you want to read on or not.

This story was on the Smash Bros. website this morning and they went further, telling people how to beat the bosses. We didn't do that as we didn't want to spoil anything in that respect.

4. Icarus_Kid Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 17:49

yeah i know i shouldn't look... but it just draws me in... oh well, it don't matter, sorry if u don't like people sayin that.

5. Fretz Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 18:45

I think that all the bosses look great. I'm especially pleased to see that Ridley is now in Smash Bros., as he's definitely a character that is deserving the role that he has been given.

6. shadow663 Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 19:15

the games looking as good as ever and i cant wait to fight each boss.
    now all i need is smash bros. to come to the u.k

7. Arcanine Monday 17th Mar 2008 at 19:30

No Tom, you , the link i clicked said smash bros. screens, so i am well within my righs to say you spoiled it, so...

8. King gerbil Friday 21st Mar 2008 at 13:58

Ugly bunch are'nt they :!:

9. wii_underworld Saturday 22nd Mar 2008 at 12:24

Cool, but I hope there are more than that. Then again, if they're all good, it might not matter!