Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance release date set

New Square/Disney crossover coming to the UK in July

Yet more nuggets of info from today's Nintendo Direct - Square's Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is to be released in the UK on July 20th.

It's the latest slightly ridiculously-titled game in Square-Enix's Disney-fied role playing series, and it looked fantastic when we played it earlier this month. You can read a preview in the issue on sale right now.

You can also read everything you need to know about the new game by having a poke around our Kingdom Hearts game page.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 11:58

just eleven days before my birthday what a great way to celebrate :D :D :D

2. NintyHippo Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 12:01

Getting it is something that I might do.

3. ninjafox Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 12:38

After reading the previews in ONM and Colette's blogs i am quite excited about Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before but if it gets a good review in ONM then i will certainly be picking this up around launch. :)

4. thenintendoer Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 14:15

got this, rythmn paradise, my birthday and the summer holidays all to look forward to in july, im gonna be busy :D

5. imbusydoctorwho Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 16:30

July is going to a pretty busy month with this,and Beat the beat.
    I can't wait.

6. RedBearLuX Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 16:38

Yaaaaay thats my birthday... when I think about it, I'll be 21 and getting a game full of Disney characters might be a little childish now.... Nah I'm just kidding day one purchase lol

7. Pappi Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 19:43

Sweet!

It is still only 24 quid on amazon guys...pre order before it goes up!

Also so what Redbear--I'm 26 going on 27!

8. ninjafox Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 20:18

Also so what Redbear--I'm 26 going on 27!

I have the same attitude regarding age and games as well Pappi as i am 22, nearly 23 and i am quite excited about this game. My opinion is you shouldn't be put off getting a certain game because you think you may be too old, if you still enjoy playing a certain game series then age doesn't matter.
    I love how most of the comments about the new Kingdom Hearts are from people in their 20s! :)

9. Pappi Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 20:32

Well the first did one came out eleven years ago on PS2...so yeah a lot of the fans are old.

10. Issun2765 Saturday 21st Apr 2012 at 21:52

I'm 18, and I started KH when number 2 came out. Hooked when I rented the second from Choices (ahh memories, got to Timeless River) and asked for the 1st (the joys of irritating parents with young Sora going HAA HOOH HERE). Played all apart from re:Coded (and COM: Riku Story and FInal Boss as SORA, because save file corrupted when I loaded it -.- More memories: Riku Replica IV :evil:

11. SkywardSaix Sunday 22nd Apr 2012 at 14:55

Oh my god, I can't wait!

12. KamkoTheFireKat Sunday 22nd Apr 2012 at 18:38

I'm SO relieved to finally have a release date! I'm definitely going to start saving now to get it. It'll be the first Kingdom Hearts game that I'll ever play, but I've wanted to play one since I was younger. :')

13. Pappi Tuesday 24th Apr 2012 at 09:24

The remixes of tracks from World Ends With You on this game are cool. :D

14. masamune Tuesday 24th Apr 2012 at 10:56

you guys who haven't played any previous games are gonna be pretty confused with the story

15. abovethewell Tuesday 24th Apr 2012 at 15:30

I'm only 14, but I've played and loved every game! IMported an American Ps2 jusr to play RE:Chain Of Memories lol :P Can't wait for this game, just completed Birth by Sleep so perfect timing :D First day of my Summer vacation.. gonna play this on the last week and think only 7 days left until my summer vacation is over.... comment if you get it :P

16. MitchellW Thursday 7th Jun 2012 at 12:01

Cant wait 4 kh 3d! It's gonna be GREAT!!! I played all the others apart from BBS b'cause i havnt got a psp. Reccommend it?
    KH 3 IS gonna take about 30yrs at this rate!!! :)
    BTW pappi the 1st KH game came out 10yrs ago, hence the 10th aniversary!