Brain Training 3DS to be released outside of Japan after the summer

Will be available on the eShop and on the high street

The Brain Training 3DS game that Nintendo are working on with Professor Kawashima will be released outside of Japan after the summer.

The game, which Nintendo are tentatively calling Onitore, is coming to Japan this summer but speaking to investors, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has said that the new Brain Training 3DS game will be released "overseas afterwards."

Like New Super Mario Bros 2, the Brain Training 3DS game will be available to download and purchase in the shops.

"We will later announce the official title and the launch date of the software that we tentatively call "Onitore," but this software too is scheduled to be sold in both the packaged and the digital download formats," said Iwata.

"Since the packaged and the digital download formats both have their own merits, we would like to offer both of these options to our consumers."

Brain Training 3DS focuses on training your concentration and your working memory. You'll need a high level of concentration to complete these games and it has been suggested that you should train for just five minutes a day to get the most out of it and see the results.

Are you going to buy Brain Training 3DS?

Comments

1. Mario84 Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 13:37

ummm..... no

2. CyberGW Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 14:54

Probably not going to buy it, but I think it's very good for older Nintendo fans or what have you.
    Having it both online and in-store makes it easy to get so yeah, very pleased.

3. callum2003 Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 15:04

Maybe...

4. wilp94 Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 16:05

Maybe.

5. MartinIsAwesome Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 16:29

Will I buy it? Based on the fact that I know nothing about it other than it features Dr. Kawashima's floating demon head in THREE-DEE, I should say "YES!", but I'll probably wait until more information is released.

6. imbusydoctorwho Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 18:13

After Professor Layton came along,Brain Training got boring.
    So no.

7. benandarchie Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 18:47

That picture creeps me out!

8. GuitarHero Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 18:51

I may or may not have been hypnotised by Kawashima's piercing eyes but I will be buying this game at some point, as long as it includes Sudoku of course.

9. shadow.x Friday 27th Apr 2012 at 21:16

And what can this one do that the old Brain Training couldnt? Apart from 3D... Not getting this

10. morg199911 Saturday 28th Apr 2012 at 06:41

no i won't get this. if you have the original, then this one will produce the same results.

11. CraigEmberson Saturday 28th Apr 2012 at 10:55

LOL It's literally a new Brain Training game for the 3DS, with tons more features like "Onitore" to encourage you to learn by giving it a feeling of playing a game and to make you prove the Dr. you can do it.

12. Tanooki101 Saturday 28th Apr 2012 at 12:48

Maybe...

13. Illusionz Saturday 28th Apr 2012 at 13:10

I started buying the Brain Training games when I was about 10, and I loved them! I can't wait for this one to come out, and I hope it will also be with some more sudoku puzzles

14. doom crow Saturday 28th Apr 2012 at 19:11

ummmm notsmart

15. Xenobladeperson Sunday 29th Apr 2012 at 10:54

I'll wait for Layton

16. wghtmf Monday 30th Apr 2012 at 18:38

In the puzzle shown in the picture, you have to work out whether Kawashima has become a devil or just stuck some ice-cream cones to his head. That may or may not be true.