Wii U launch games teased on Nintendo's Facebook page

What will the Wii U launch games be? Follow Nintendo's clues...

Nintendo are promising to reveal the Wii U launch games soon. The company teased the announcement with a message on the official Wii U Facebook page.

The Wii U launch games will be revealed soon
The Wii U launch games will be revealed soon
So will Nintendo reveal the Wii U launch games at the E3 2012 conference next week? Fans will be hoping so, especially considering that the company has already announced that it won't be revealing the Wii U price and release date at the show.

So what will the launch games be?. Already fans have started speculating. Writing on the Facebook page, Nintendo fan Thomas Matthew Yates posted: " The Legend of Zelda" is 19 characters long. The last blurred bit has 19 segments."

Carlos Cardenas suggests "Super Mario World 3 (19 words)"

Paul Tokach posted: "Super Mario Bros. 4 - fits 19 characters exactly."

Meanwhile, King Daniel points out that New Super Mario Brothers Mii is 27 characters long, the same as the second line. However, wouldn't it be New Super Mario Bros. Mii rather than Brothers?

But Rogestro Antonio says: "New Super Mario Bros. Wii U is the 27 space one. I am almost 100% sure."

However, there are no suggestions for the first game which is 33 characters long. Although Fernando García Hernández ‎said "Legend Of Zelda: Unknown Title."

Going be these clues, what do you think the Wii U launch games will be? Remember that THQ said that Darksiders 2 will be a Wii U launch game at E3 2011.

Loading video...

Comments

1. Slinkington Thursday 31st May 2012 at 11:53

New Super Mario Bros. Mii
    Pikmin
    A compilation of Mii games. (Think Wii Sports/Play/etc)

Somewhat disappointing launch games, if that's what they are.

2. danbish Thursday 31st May 2012 at 11:55

Since when did Nintendo become such a tease? AAHHHH, I'm already bursting with excitement for WiiU, I don't need them to drive me crazy too!

3. Slinkington Thursday 31st May 2012 at 12:04

I think Ninty should have made a new Zelda: Four Swords game for the Wii U. The controller is perfect for it, and others could play using their 3DS. It wouldn't take much work to push out quickly, similar to New Super Mario Bros. We can't expect a huge Mario or Zelda game at launch.

4. danbish Thursday 31st May 2012 at 12:46

That said, it could now be possible to have the DS equivalent of the GameBoy Player that was released for GameCube. That I'd like to see. There's some great DS games that'd look fantasic blown up onto a bigger screen - especially the 2d ones; Castlevania, Mario & Luigi, Miles Edgeworth?

5. shy guy 64 Thursday 31st May 2012 at 13:00

i look forward to finding out

6. LFOB Thursday 31st May 2012 at 13:43

Dillon's Rolling Western Wii U fits into the second one. Although if it's made it might only be a download title.

7. shadow.x Thursday 31st May 2012 at 13:50

Can not wait to see what they turn out to be!

8. ledreppe Thursday 31st May 2012 at 14:03

haha, some of those guesses are very amusing and I'd bet my savings that at least one of them is right.

9. bowser-cario Thursday 31st May 2012 at 14:06

Maybe a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the 33 space.

10. CyberGW Thursday 31st May 2012 at 14:16

Well this is all rather exciting!
    This is good news as, if they know what launch titles there are going to be, it implies that they know roughly when the Wii U will be released, and very soon!
    I think a zelda and a mario launch title would get the console off to a great start! Just what it needs!

11. NintyHippo Thursday 31st May 2012 at 14:27

This is great and interesting. I can't wait to find out what the launch titles are. :D

12. CraigEmberson Thursday 31st May 2012 at 15:32

I'm pretty sure one of those is the Nintendo Wii U launch game "Sports Connect", obviously with a longer title.

13. thenintendoer Thursday 31st May 2012 at 17:50

it would be nice to have a mario game at launch seeing as there hasn't been one since super mario 64 (though we did get luigis mansion and twilight princess so i can hardly complain)

14. Tailzy Thursday 31st May 2012 at 21:05

I really hope NSMB Mii was just a prototype for Wii Us show.

Its going to take a hell of a lot to justify making a fourth version of whats essentially the same game.

15. starvigilante Friday 1st Jun 2012 at 08:02

As long as the launch titles are better than the 3DS ones, I will be impressed. Maybe a similar launch range (in terms of diversity, not actual titles) to the Wii's?

16. primus85 Friday 1st Jun 2012 at 09:03

Bring on Tuesday 5pm

17. imbusydoctorwho Friday 1st Jun 2012 at 11:16

I have a funny feeling there'll be another Wii Sports game revealed.

18. tomutwit Friday 1st Jun 2012 at 15:20

Dragon Quest X.

19. Xikelle Friday 1st Jun 2012 at 15:29

I would be surprised if they had a fully-fledged Zelda game to launch, it was only a tech demo last year or something.

...Wait, this is on Tuesday? XD I'm having a small party that day, well since no one coming is inimical to gaming it should be fine, heh.

I know that I'll have to look it up somewhere afterwards, but I hope something is announced about The Last Guardian sometime next week.

20. EpicMario Saturday 2nd Jun 2012 at 16:56

I hope that the launch games are good. I would like to see something that u can use your Mii's in as well as a game that includes a famous Nintendo character.

As for the games that will be for the console in it's first year i would hope to see Super Mario World 3, Super Mario Galaxy 3 and a new Zelda game as well as a Kid Icarus game. Also i am looking forward to playing the 4th Smash Bro's game, Dragon Quest X and Assassins Creed 3( which could be the 19 character game).

I also hope that the Wii U costs UNDER £250 as otherwise i would not be able to get one :roll: