Bravely Default release date announced

Square-Enix RPG coming to 3DS in October

Square Enix's next big 3DS RPG after Kingdom Hearts 3D will be Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Yes, the company has announced a 11 October Japanese release date for its lovely-looking 3D adventure.

Big is the word as according to Square-Enix, this is an adventure that could take up to 70 hours to complete.

Described by producer Tomoya Asano as a standard RPG, it features random encounters and turn-based battles. If that doesn't sound hugely exciting you should know that Bravely Default supports Augmented Reality and boasts a job and battle system similar to that in Final Fantasy V.

Flying Fairy stars a character called Tiz who is a survivor of a shocking disaster. His home town has been sucked into a giant hole and darkness is approaching. However, he meets an ally in Anies who wants to prevent the darkness.

Here are the latest screenshots and a trailer. Bravely Default was showcased during Nintendo Direct Japan last week but would you like it to be released in the UK?

[ Source: Andriasang ]

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 10:41

it looks good id certainly like to give it a try

2. OrangeRakoon Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 11:12

Crystals? It's a squeenix game alright.

Hope it gets released over here, gives me another reason to get a 3DS.

3. keeblin Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 11:20

Please release this in the UK!

4. TOMB Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 11:24

Please release this in the UK! I really need an RPG with turn based combat and random encounters, I dont see how other people can get bored of them. :D

5. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 11:53

Looks really good.

6. fisher2007 Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:01

I hope get's release in the UK Looks really good.

7. lrwr14 Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:01

Hope it gets released over here. Could do with an RPG game, haven't played one in a while and this looks good.

8. BOWIEtheHERO Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:11

Wait wait WAIT. Hold the phone... October the 11th for Japan or PAL/NA Territories!?
    Of course it's Japan, but still... You might wanna clear that up...

EDIT - You kind of did at the end of that article. But you might want to make it more pronounced in future. Not a throw-away question at the end of the article...

Hell to the YES do I want this over here. 4 Heroes of light was a cracking game, and if it plays like FFV then it's going to be fantastic. The aesthetic and game play we've already seen is MIGHTY stuff.

9. gmundy Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:12

The last Square Enix RPG I got was really good so I am willing to give this a try!

10. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:23

This looks like a proper old-school Final Fantasy game, before all the weird hairstyles.
    Yeah, I'd like to see this released in the UK. If it is, I can't imagine it being released any earlier than October 2013.

11. master sword Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 12:32

getting a very FF9 vibe from this (Which is a compliment to make it clear)
    and the job system is what made 5 so addicting and memorable to me, so if it's half as good as that job system, this'll be worth getting

12. laytonluke911 Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 13:21

It NEEDS to be released in the UK because the 3ds lack any great turn based RPG's.

13. IamtheAntiLife Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 14:25

I think Nintendo should persuade Square Enix to finally remake Final Fantasy VII. I've never played it but I know there is a massive fan following and I think it's probably a good way to attract customers to the 3DS.

14. Xenobladeperson Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 15:21

Definitely getting this, I need an RPG for 3DS.

15. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 17:10

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Sony own all the rights to Final Fantasy VII as well as the later games that are exclusive to the Playstation family of consoles. Final Fantasy VII in particular is a big money maker, so I doubt Sony will relinquish those rights any time soon.

16. mushroomchow Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 17:54

Oh yay, another great game with a stupid title. It can only be Square Enix.

17. Haru Waji Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 20:19

Definitely looking forward to this. Beautiful looking game. Hope this get a 2012 release date tho.

18. tomonm Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 22:01

Of course it's Japan, but still... You might wanna clear that up...

It says Japanese release date in the opening paragraph

19. Kesskuron Wednesday 27th Jun 2012 at 23:37

Not to mention that Squeenix just said the other day that they wouldn't re-release VII until the orignal had been bested

20. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 28th Jun 2012 at 09:59

Yeah, saw that. Sorry to go a bit off topic, but what kind of logic is that? They're saying that VII is so good they want to make one that is better. And only then will they make better the game that they had just bested... what's the point? Just remake VII to stop people whining, then make a new game that's better than the remake.

21. RPG_ash Monday 23rd Jul 2012 at 21:29

Square-Enix, please release this in the UK!

If you do, i promise to buy a new 3DS XL.