8 New Super Mario Bros 2 facts we learned from the Iwata Asks

From Boohemoth to Dash Courses and DLC

The latest Iwata Asks tells us many new things about New Super Mario Bros 2. Amidst all the laughter (laughs), we learned about a new Boo, new types of courses and DLC. We also learned that Takashi Tezuka's other name is the "one million coins person" (laughs).

1. There will be night and evening courses

As with Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros 2 will feature levels that take place at different times of day. According to Art Director Masaaki Ishikawa, this "makes it feels very different than before." Iwata pointed out "that it was always a blue sky." Except when you were underground, Iwata. And it was a bit dark in World 8-1 in New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page

Comments

1. ledreppe Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 15:56

It gets better every time I read something new about it! I've given up on streetpass features in 3ds games, I've had 11 streetpass' since the 3ds was launched and it just doesn't have the intended effect on my games, but kudos to Nintendo for including it so people who get enough hits can enjoy it.

2. noelnen Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 16:05

I love these Iwata Asks Articles.
    The first and second Super Mario bros on the
    NES also had those night and day levels .

3. Redfish20 Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 16:54

" Iwata described it as "quite an adrenaline rush" and compared it to the carts in Donkey Kong Country.
    According to director Yusuke Amano, these courses were included for beginners who don't often use the dash button."

Only Nintendo could design something for beginners that can be compared to on of the trickier bits of one of the hardest games released this side of the year 2000! Still, they were my favourite parts of DKC so I'm looking forward to these "dash levels".

4. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 17:30

I have a funny feeling that this will be the best in the series.

5. cheatmaster30 Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 18:43

Meh, I knew all of these. Also, if it's bigger than New Super Mario Bros Wii that means it's got to have at least 86 stages, assuming they count the enemy courses as levels.

6. thecoolmana777 Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 19:13

Two weeks ago I thought this was just a money making quick project from Nintendo but it is slowly winning me over, perhaps now I might even pre-order it :)

7. Sex Bob-omb Wednesday 25th Jul 2012 at 19:45

Dash Mario will be as if Mario was in a Sonic game :D

8. GuitarHero Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 02:36

Those Dash Mario stages are really intriguing, and are helping this game to hopefully be a corker.

9. NSMB23DS Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 02:40

C'MON! They still didn't tell us what we will buy the DLC with! :evil:

10. Wiison Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 12:23

I have a funny feeling that this will be the best in the series.

I feel like this for some reason.

11. morg199911 Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 17:52

If me and my brother get this, i can imagine the follow the leader co-op taking a VERY long time! apart from that, I think I already love the Boohemoth! :D

12. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 19:23

I'm really looking forward to this. (laughs)

13. Commandervideo Friday 27th Jul 2012 at 19:20

Leading up to SM3DL things were looking better and better for it but it ended up being a bit disppointing. I hope the same doesn't happen to this as it sounds amazing

14. Lumpyspaceprince Saturday 28th Jul 2012 at 16:00

Looking awsome :D . At first this looked like another new super mario bros(I liked the games but they are they worst in the series) but it looks different and cool. This article shows that this game will be awsome :) :)

15. Pyron12 Sunday 29th Jul 2012 at 08:11