5 ZombiU facts we learned today

Discover more about Ubisoft's Zombie killer

ZombiU is just behind Rayman Legends in our list of the best Wii U games we've played so far. Playing through the Buckingham Palace stage and Shadwell tube station plus the inventive multiplayer mode left us hungry for more ZombiU information before it is released during the Wii U launch window.

Now our friends at Nintendo Gamer have published an excellent interview with Producer Guillaume Brunier and Senior Script Writer Gabrielle Shrager which reveals five fascinating facts about ZombiU.

1. You can shoot zombies in The Tower Of London

As previously mentioned, we shot down zombies (including our own rotting corpse after dying once) outside Buckingham Palace but now it has been revealed that you will be able to explore The Tower Of London.

No other locations were revealed in the interview but Ubisoft promise to offer gamers a varied view of London. "The player will explore day-to-day London filled with cosmopolitan urban-dwellers, from its typical brick neighbourhoods to its palaces with all the royal strappings. Each of the maps has its own particularities, which we'll let players discover for themselves."

Yet, don't expect a totally realistic view of London for "ZombiU does not present a one-to-one visual representation of London: it's a credible, creepy, apocalyptic vision of this great city." In other words, don't expect your local newsagents to be in the game.

It would be great to know which locations you'd like to visit though. We'd love to blast zombies in The Olympic Park!

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next page

Comments

1. theycallmejack Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 10:39

I'd love to fight zombies in the O2 Arena/Millenium Dome! Imagine it? A huge zombie-filled arena! It'd be like Gladiator meets Shaun of the Dead! I think it's great how they've taken Skyrim as an inspiration, because that is an amazing game, but let's hope ZombiU doesn't contain as many glitches... ahhhh I'm so excited for this game! I just hope it turns out as amazing as it looks! It's exactly the type of game I imagined the Wii U GamePad would allow develops to create, so I really hope it pulls it off! That said, I also hope it isn't TOO scary; I'm a total wuss about scary stuff...

2. AwesomeNintendo Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 11:18

I absolutley love ZombiU and it will definately be at the top of my shopping list when it arrives. I love the progression that is included as you need to take care of your character rather than taking risks because you have more lives.

3. Oxo64 Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 11:20

ZombiU is looking fantastic. The only thing worrying me know is the possible lack of melee weapons. We've only seen the cricket bat so far but hopefully more will be available in-game.

4. KairiZero Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 11:40

After reading this, my anticipation for this game has increased ten-fold. I didn't realise there was a multiplayer component, and it sounds fantastic to me! I'm really looking forward to this game now! I wouldn't mind seeing some action in Camden, that could provide some tense and claustrophobic action with all the stalls and narrow walkways!

5. Issun2765 Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 12:29

This game sounds purely awesome. I don't mind about frights but difficulty can make or break it for me. And Camden you say, I've been there once with a group of friends...if its in a survival horror game, I will be really nervous :shock:

6. RavenxPrime Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 12:38

There's a video somewhere that shows you sticking a pick axe in the side of a Zombies head :D

7. GuitarHero Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 12:39

I have to say, this is looking great so far. Will hopefully be a great game when released.

8. DonnyKD Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 14:35

I want to shoot zombies on the very top of the Eiffel Tower.

I don't care that this takes place in London, I still wanna do that, dammit!

9. thenintendoer Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 16:20

heres hoping for an ONM towers stage with cameos of the team (as zombies :D )

10. jaco_p Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 16:26

Day 1 purchase!! Keeps getting better, personally i think london is an excellent setting and can't wait to play this game. I work on the underground, which i've seen in some of the videos so it will be cool to fight zombies in those confined spaces

11. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 26th Jul 2012 at 19:35

heres hoping for an ONM towers stage with cameos of the team (as zombies :D )

Well now I won't be happy unless I get to shoot a zombified Chandra and Gavin in their beardy faces.

12. Silent Sparrow Friday 27th Jul 2012 at 08:34

I wonder how the survivor system works. Are they randomly generated or are there a limited supply of them? Or do you create each one yourself after your last one dies?

13. conn1496 Friday 27th Jul 2012 at 16:06

If I don't get to play this game, I'm just going to have to punch myself in the face. This. Looks. GREAT!

Also, I wanna see Zombies falling/being pushed into rivers. It wouldn't be zombies in london without a few hitting the water. :P

14. redeye Friday 27th Jul 2012 at 16:42

It seems from the picture that a lot of blackcurrant jam is being used. Not so keen on zombies, see them every day on the bus in the morning! :twisted:

15. ThePokekid78 Sunday 29th Jul 2012 at 10:13

I'm not sure about this whole 'one bite you're dead' thing...I mean, it's a great idea, no doubt about that, but I've a feeling it might jar the flow of the game. What I mean is that, lets say that you want to explore a big, open area of London and find some cool stuff, but instead you suddenly get bitten and have to go aaaaall the way back to where you were before you died, which will make it a very stop-start-stop-start game.
    You might just want to get on with some exploration or just shoot a load of zombies, but instead you're going to be frequently watching that loading screen where you respawn as a different character, and I think this will not make the game flow very well at all...