Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright getting closer to release

Development is reaching its climax

It would appear that Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright is edging closer to getting a release date nearly two years after it was announced.

For Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi has told Famitsu that the Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright crossover is in the final stages of development, although fans will have to remain patient.

Speaking with the Japanese magazine, Takumi said: "Production on Layton vs Ace Attorney is at its climax. It's like my entire life is focused on it. While I still can't say much, it's progressing well, so please wait a bit more."

So when will it be released? Given that news, you wouldn't be surprised if the Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright release date was scheduled for 2013. However, it is always possible that we'd have to wait even longer for it in the UK. After all, Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask was a 3DS launch game in Japan but it won't be released until October in the UK.

As for Phoenix Wright, his original game was released in 2001 in Japan but fans had to wait until 2006 for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney to hit the UK. Not saying we'll be waiting until 2018 for Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright, mind!

[ Source: Andriasang ]

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 09:24

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a UK version until 2014 - if at all. Even so, I really want this game.
    Hopefully they'll be showing more of it off at the Tokyo Game Show this year.

2. shy guy 64 Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 09:37

that's good to hear

3. TheNessInator Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 09:53

wow! Im really looking forward to this game, I cannot wait for it to come out as I myself is a big fan
    of both wright and layton ( I have my own layton plush ) hope it comes out soon :D

4. Layton link Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 10:20

huh...i thought it was staying in japan.....so it is coming out to europe...wonderful.

5. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 10:47

It has not been stated that it will be Japanese exclusive, and nor has anyone said that it will definately be released outside of Japan. This news is just that Shu Takumi has declared that the game is nearly finished.

6. Xenobladeperson Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 11:40

Great, this game is high on my most-wanted list. ( Any chance of a new trailer? )

7. Dertdood Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 12:24

in other news people get older as time passes

8. conorr Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 12:33

Vs Phoenix Wright could be the freshen up the Professor Layton series needs. I mean, the first three games were amazing, and Spectre's Flute was awesome too, but it didn't grab me like the rest. I'm confident that this will.

And we've got Mask of Miracles on the way too.

Which reminds me, I really need a 3DS. xD

9. PeterR Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 13:14

its reassuring to hear some news at least, its been ages since layton vs wright has been mentioned.

10. irishmarcoos Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 13:24

It wouldn't surprise me if if had a Q1 2013 release in Japan, but we won't know until TGS in September will we? Following the current pattern, i would not be surprised if we (in the west) got the game around October 2013, following the current release pattern of Layton games.

11. HyrulianToad Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 15:37

I find it a little odd that Layton thinks the girl is a witch as he's usually against things like that . I've never tried a PW game but I'm a big Layton fan so I'll probably pick this up.

12. goldenmushroom Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 15:45

i hope they listen to the fans in europe and release it quickly

13. superthingymabob Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 16:23

"edge"ing closer.
    I wish Edgeworth was in it but he almost definitely won't be...

14. Darklord101 Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 17:36

I'd actually forgotten about this game completely. Hopefully they will eventually get round to releasing it.

15. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 at 21:29

This was one of the main the reasons,why I wanted a 3DS.So hopefully we'll get a European release.

16. NSMB23DS Wednesday 22nd Aug 2012 at 14:52

This will be (I hope) my introduction to the series, so (I hope) it will be wonderful.

17. faydaway Friday 24th Aug 2012 at 08:35

OK they need! a new trailer and screenshots !!!!! Im now desperate