Top 10 most promising Wii U multiplayer games

Which games make the best use of the Wii U GamePad?

Wii U is the ultimate party machine. While party games may have a bad name thanks to titles such as Carnival Games and Game Party, as any Mario Kart fan will tell you there's nothing better than having four players crowded around the telly for some multiplayer racing fun. Now, with the GamePad, you can add an extra player to the mix! But what will be the best Wii U multiplayer games? It's hard to say until we've played big blockbusters online but, from what we've played and seen so far, these are the games that promise to make the best use of the GamePad.

10. Scribblenauts Unlimited

First-person shooters like Aliens: Colonial Marines promise to be big on the online multiplayer scene but we don't know much about the Wii U features so we have to focus on the games we do know about.

One of these is Scribblenauts Unlimited which is the first game in the series to feature co-op multiplayer. The best thing about the multiplayer mode is that it is the first to give you the opportunity to actually control the items that appear after you've scribbled them down on your Wii U GamePad (AKA Maxwell's magical notebook).

So it will be possible to control a barbaric blue beetle or a giant genteel jeep. Can't say we've ever done that in a game before.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page

Comments

1. trigo Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 08:29

all these games look great, but shocked that either fifa or mario is not in secound or first oh well they still look like great games.

2. K-tet Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 08:50

I'm surprised Tank! Tank! Tank! isn't on this list, given it's more of a game and would be a better shout for the less-intense gamer than say Just Dance 4, but then again, I don't really care for Singing/Dancing games, I prefer some proper games with proper play. Also, if P-100 ends up as a launch title, you've clearly missed out another. That on its own looks to be on par with ZombiU as best supporting title for Wii U, especially if people are going to buy NSMBU from launch (like I am).

Having said that, adding the two I've just mentioned to the list makes it better. No doubt in my mind though that the games that will be available are going to make the Wii U's launch a success. There are a few I'd love to have, but I doubt I'd be able to string the money along to buy more than say two games.

3. Herbert_Rarr Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 10:04

"For while your Mum may not be an expert speed runner, surely she'll be able to plonk a platform in between a gap so that you may hop on and off." I'm not sure about that - my mum couldn't figure out how to steer on Mario Kart Wii.

4. LavaTwilight Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 10:32

Haha mine either. It's really offputting rounding the last corner on Luigi Circuit only to see Daisy heading towards me crashing head-on and seeing my baby sister's Yoshi overtake me to the finish line... Kinda made me stop wanting to play against her.

The list is kool but ZombiU? I admit I'm hyped for it and the more I see it the more I want it but I wouldn't say it's the number 1 multiplayer game! I guess you just have to play it first though...

5. Accelgor7 Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 17:39

I can imagine how easy two player races must be against her (:

6. Darklord101 Tuesday 4th Sep 2012 at 18:20

If we're talking online multiplayer as well I'd say keep an eye on AC3; a multiplayer mode has been confirmed and should be a blast.
    If we're talking local multiplayer then I'd say the inevitable instalement of MK and Smash Bros will be the best (NSMBU should be decent as well.)
    Nintendo land looks promising as well.

7. chewy01 Thursday 2nd Jan 2014 at 05:01