Rhythm Hunter Harmo Knight trailer - see the new 3DS game from Game Freak

Coming to the 3DS eShop in Japan

Pokemon developers Game Freak are making a new rhythm action game for 3DS. Called Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight, Game Freak's new game was unveiled during Nintendo Direct.

Juding by this trailer It's a rhythm action game from the Bit.Trip Runner school as it's a side-scrolling game in which you have to run along, collect notes and whack enemies with a quaver (not the cheesy potato snack). If you manage to do this smoothly, a nice tune will play. That's Harmo Knight at its most basic. As you can see from watching this trailer, it gets a lot more challenging as things speed up.

Comments

1. Aces High Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 14:13

Wow I WANT!!

Do we know if this is definitely coming to the UK? I really hope so...

2. OrangeRakoon Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 14:15

This looks like great fun, hope we get it!

3. Pyron12 Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 14:15

Interesting. Not sure if this will be a must buy for me though. Unless the review for this game convinces me otherwise.

4. CyberGW Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 14:27

This looks absolutely amazing. Day 1 purchase for me already.

5. Darkblizz Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 14:38

Now THIS looks like fun.

I really hope this one makes it out of Japan.

6. shy guy 64 Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 15:51

this looks awesome

7. TenTen Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 15:54

This looks great, I wouldn't be surprised if it made it to Europe. The gameplay looks amazing, definitely downloading on release.

8. Mmmyeah Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 17:24

Just as I was thinking that it end up getting repetitive those boss fights showed up at the end. This looks like it could be properly fun, but I do hope that the running sections have more to do than attack and jump. Still, I have high hopes for this.

9. Darkblizz Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 18:07

Did anyone else clock Zekrom and Reshiram in there?

10. mirnkaya Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 18:42

Just played the (quite meaty) demo - and it's really brilliant. :) The running sections are not linear - there are quite many choices to make and they change the resulting music (which is real fun). In addition there are power-ups and your own high score per level to beat on re-runs.

11. pokemaster Wednesday 29th Aug 2012 at 20:25

So, Bit Trip Runner with action elements and music from Pokemon games? I'am sold. :D

12. Tailzy Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 01:48

Looks pretty addicting, like the sort of game you'd play over to get perfect runs.

and music from Pokemon games?

..there is?

13. mudkipzman Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 02:19

THIS LOOKS ACE. A must-buy for me!

14. pokemaster Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 07:54

and music from Pokemon games?

..there is?

They showed a clip with the character playing a stage, and the music was from Pokemon (battle music if I remember correctly). He was attacking enemies to the beat of the music.

15. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 08:15

There have been some suggestions that this is an eShop game. I wanted it to be released over here assuming that it'd be a full retail game, but the fact that it's for the eShop has, for some reason, made me hope for a European release even more!

16. Tailzy Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 13:01

Nothing I can hear thats from any Pokemon game

17. pokemaster Thursday 30th Aug 2012 at 16:11

At 1:15 on the 2 min trailer, its definitely the music when a wild pokemon appears. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRLuP9GFUM

18. Tailzy Friday 31st Aug 2012 at 13:44

Ooohhh, this is a different trailer to the one in the article

yeaaah, reshiram/zekrom being in the background sort of speaks for itself