Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link hitting Europe's 3DS eShop next week

The NES side-scrolling classic sequel returns

Nintendo have revealed yet another massive 3DS retro-release, with The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link coming to the European 3DS eShop on the 13th of September.

While this title has been available for some time already, it has been exclusive to Japanese gamers and 3DS ambassadors. Zelda 2 plays unlike any other game in the series, featuring an over world rife with enemies, various RPG elements and side-scrolling swordplay. Once again Link is given the impossible task of saving Zelda, exploring massive dungeons and acquiring a plethora of spells and items.

It is widely known as the hardest in the series, specifically the notoriously deadly and confusing Death Mountain. With that said, it's still one of the finest games available for the NES, and a worthy addition to the 3DS European eShop library.

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link will be available for £4.50 upon release. Will you be downloading this NES classic next week?

Comments

1. Herbert_Rarr Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 08:29

...Nah

2. Link16 Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 08:46

The joys of being an ambassador :D

3. chojin Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 09:01

The joys of being an ambassador :D

Oh yes ;)

4. Slinkington Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 09:05

Finally! Out of all the NES games in the Ambassador scheme, I downloaded only two - Super Mario Bros. and Zelda II. Mario has the cool NES and TV icon on my 3DS, whereas Zelda II still has the basic gray square. Looking forward to this being updated with the new icon. :)

5. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 09:22

Got it in the Ambassador Programme. Do I get bragging rights for completing it?

6. reeesy Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 09:51

Got it in the Ambassador Programme. Do I get bragging rights for completing it?

You do. its hard as nails.

7. alexkinch Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 10:04

Got it in the Ambassador Programme. Do I get bragging rights for completing it?

Yep. Up to last level but at least we get the save points in the update.

8. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 10:21

In that case you may proceed in worshiping my manly skillz.

9. NSMB23DS Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 11:26

In that case you may proceed in worshiping my manly skillz.

Nevermind you, think about the guys that made the game so people like you CAN beat it.

10. toffeeman30 Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 12:22

error

11. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 12:53

Already got it,as I'm a Ambassador.
    I actually quite like the game,even if it's pretty hard.

12. Shmilly Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 14:57

I grew up with Pokemon and Mario, but never took all that much of an interest in Zelda until actually fairly recently. Shame on me, you might say, but hey, at least I can soon download another missed classic for far less than its original retail price. I think that's one of the best features of the eShop.

13. inuyashaDS Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 15:18

I just realised something. Why DOES Link rescue Zelda all those time's? I mean he doesn't even get PAID.

14. Pyron12 Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 15:23

error

It actually should be bagu because he was the mistake, not error.
    This game gets negative reception yet fans overlooked the fact it was the second game in the ENTIRE ZELDA SERIES! (Game & Watch games don't count)

I haven't got a clue but he might have gotten paid in the Four Swords manga because he had a job as a Hyrulian knight (Do knights get paid?).

15. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 15:37

Because the

Because the back of the box told him to.

16. alexkinch Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 15:41

To be fair he does get to keep the rupees not used.

17. NintendoForLife Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 15:49

I beat this on the actual NES!

18. thenintendoer Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 17:17

an underrated classic

19. Parane Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 19:40

I completed this back in the NES days. Very good and quite hard game. Took me a long while to finish it but by golly did I have a great time. One of my finest NES memories for sure.

And yes, I am certainly buying this for my 3DS.

20. SonyX Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 at 20:16

i downloaded this title along with the first zelda,but i didn't play zelda II because i wanted to complete the first zelda before it but i'm nowhere near to completing it so should i just start zelda II?

21. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 6th Sep 2012 at 09:40

You can do if you want. It'd be good to at least try it. You're going to find it difficult, but here's some advice to get yo started.
    If you grind for XP right at the beginning on the slime things (I think the game calls them Bits, or Bots) for an hour or two, then move onto the cave to the left of the Hyrule Castle and grind some more there you should have an easier ride. The cave inparticular is good as it contains those boomerang rat guys who appear throughout the game so it'd be good to practice fighting them.

22. The_BAAD_Man Thursday 6th Sep 2012 at 18:06

One of my favourite NES games! I have the golden cartridge but never actually finished the game. It's hard. Very hard.