ZombiU Wii U Premium Pack doesn't include Nintendo Land

Nintendo confirm what's in the ZombiU Wii U bundle

Nintendo has confirmed that the ZombiU Wii U Premium Pack will not include a copy of Nintendo Land.

Nintendo Europe has just tweeted: "The ZombiU Pack is like the #WiiU Premium Pack but instead of Nintendo Land it includes the #ZombiU game and a black Wii U Pro Controller."

Of course, the Wii U Premium Pack includes Nintendo Land as part of the package but if you want to buy a Wii U Pro Controller, you'll have to purchase that separately.

Nintendo Land will be able to buy in the shops for those who buy the Wii U Basic Pack or the ZombiU Bundle.

Want to know more? Our Wii U guide will tell you everything you need to know.

Are you going to pre-order buy the ZombiU bundle?

Comments

1. Slinkington Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 14:02

I'll have to price things up before I know for sure. I'd rather have Nintendo Land.

2. L_A Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 14:07

So basically, that's a bundle where you pay as much/more as if you bought the stuff separately. Very clever. :|
    Include NL with the pack, and the pack will fly off the NoE warehouse :|

3. wolfboy300 Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 14:08

That makes sense. The more "family" gamers (maybe families or elderly) can go for the basic bundle with Nintendoland which is a nice game, whilst the more "hardcore" (or just richer) gamers can get the premium pack while soiling themselves with ZombiU. Who wants to get granny ZombiU anyway? Unless granny likes horror games and zombies of course.

4. SNESgamer Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 14:45

Cheeky *No No No No*!

From all the zombi u demos and videos ive seen, it pretty much has to be played with the gamepad with all the touchscreen functions. So that makes the pro controller pretty much redundant for this game. Think i'll stick with the premium pack and get zombi u separately.

5. Pyron12 Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 15:21

Makes perfect sense. A hardcore package with no casual features.

6. 5OUNDWAVE Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 15:30

good it's 329.99 at hmv

7. PeterR Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 16:04

how peculiar, both hmv and game's websites claim the zombieu bundle comes with nintendoland

8. L_A Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 16:17

Well, Amazon (FR) only has ZombiU in the package. SO maybe they guessed wrong :?

9. Shimama_king Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 19:13

Well I'm planning on getting ZombiU anyway and i'm not too bothered about nintendo land so it makes sense to get this package. Now I can get the premium pack and not worry about not having enough for another game i do want (namely Rayman) because the pack came with a game I don't particularly want.

10. noobgamer9 Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 19:22

Cheeky *No No No No*!

Good point, but I think they bundled the pro controller so that you can instantly play local multiplayer :)

11. nath123 Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 20:18

zavvi are charging £299.99 for this set.

12. Super Wido Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 20:44

I have the ZombiU Wii U bundle on pre-order, so I will be buying Nintendo Land sperately.

13. Kirby8 Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 23:08

See, I had a feeling it was going to be like this. This is one of the first questions I asked. Quite annoying. The price of this bundle definitely needs to get cheaper. I might just buy the normal pack and ZombiU separately.

14. Super_Joe Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 01:05

ive just pre ordered the zombie u premium pack from zavvi for £300 good price? any thoughts on other games to get aswell??

15. Midknights Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 10:52

this is getting veryy very expensive...

16. remagpie93 Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 12:05

Hearing Nintendo Land isn't included has changed my mind on this pack....I'm sure I'll be able to pick up ZombiU cheaper at some point and the controller I doubt will be much more than £25 anyway... best bet is to wait and see what the offers are closer to launch (such as get these games half-off when bought with console) as is always seen at launches

EDIT: is it possible certain stores (such as GAME/HMV who are charging a LOT more for this pack) are in fact adding Nintendo Land to the bundle as well??

17. imbusydoctorwho Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 21:55

This Wii U thing is getting a bit expensive innit?

18. barrybarryk Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 22:16

expansys have it the cheapest I've seen so far, £254.99. So you can pretty much expect the amazon price to go down at least that far before launch.

19. Laughlyn Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 22:50

I've changed my pre-order from Zombie U pack to standard premium. i'd rather have nintendoland since 1. zombie U looks and will most likely be average at best (remember the hype of red steel and sorry onm but no matter what you say i still aint biting that its not another red steel) 2. even tho the wii u will be mine i'd still like something my 8yr old can play so nintendoland and nsmbu on xmas morning will be tidy of the bang variety.

I do want a controller pro tho which is a pain but i'm sure in the end buying it seperatly and with price wars going on at xmas time you will end off better. I've already told a friend at gamestation if price doesnt come down to match hmv, grainger games and argos al be cancelling it fully instead.

£310 for the premium package is a big difference to £250-£280- that some places are doing them for

20. steve w Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 05:57

Nintendo land looks like a game I would only play once it looks has pointless has ps home, plus I thought wii sports was overrated I saw my mate playing wii sports on his wii so when got mine I never even unwrapped the game I just left it.

21. K-tet Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 08:44

That's a rip-off. They should include Nintendo Land in the box with it as well.

They need to rethink their strategy. Yes the 'core' gamer would pick this up, but with another game thrown in the mix it makes it more mouthwatering and better value for money. It might just be worth picking up ZombiU separately. In any case, I know I want NSMBU at launch, and seriously, Nintendo would have my money if the ZombiU pack came with Nintendo Land as well. Three games at launch for ~£400 would've been a win for them. As it stands, I'm going to have to rethink my strategy or perhaps even break out my negotiation skills on the day itself.

With any luck, perhaps Game will throw ZombiU and a Pro Controller separately with the standard Premium SKU.

22. K-tet Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 14:48

Bump. Apologies for the double post.

I went into my local GAME store to put my £20 deposit down, and the guys there offered me either the Basic or the ZombiU Premium Bundle. From what they told me (and subsequently what GAME HQ told them), you get ZombiU and a Pro Controller alongside your normal Premium SKU for £349.99. I even read the paper work they were supplied. I'd suggest to people placing their deposits down at their local GAME store to ask about it, because if this is actually true, then Nintendo of Europe are somewhat misinforming us, and GAME are doing their own deal.

Perhaps Nintendo of Europe is planning a separate ZombiU boxed bundle that's different from the normal Premium SKU (which comes with Nintendo Land in the box) that you can buy for a comparable price to the £309.99 retailers are setting. Be sure to ask around just to make sure. In any case, the GAME deal I've applied for in-store is the normal Premium SKU which comes with Nintendo Land in the box, alongside ZombiU and a Pro Controller bundled together, and that'll retail for £349.99 at launch.

23. Robbo-92 Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 18:45

Pre-ordered this bundle of Amazon, firstly i went for this bundle as i'm really not bothered about Nintendo Land, secondly there is bound to be a price war too some degree and most sites offer a pre order price guarentee now, so as I have my order in i'm paying the lowest price it goes down to. I can see this bundle dropping to about £300 by launch, or staying at the same price if they change it to include nintendoland.

24. majesto Tuesday 18th Sep 2012 at 00:08

Zavi are selling the nintendo land pack for £274 and zombi u with pro pad for £299 which is not bad if you want the pad as they are charging £32 for the pad seperatly.. anywhere Eg game hmv tesco ect who are selling the nintendo land for £309 and zombi u pack for £329 are charging £49 for pro pad . I pre ordered the zombi u pack at tesco as with staff discount it came to £290

25. majesto Wednesday 19th Sep 2012 at 21:48

Zavi have now put their prices up so it's now £294 with Nintendo land and £319 with zombi u

26. Super_Joe Thursday 20th Sep 2012 at 18:42

zavvi pre orders for zombiU premium pack are now listed as sold out luckily I put my pre order in friday so hopefully my order should be safe as i got it for £299.99 I do hope thats the case :)