First Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS trailer

First look at Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth

Pikachu is joined by Pokemon Black and White stars Oshawott, Snivy and Tepig in this, the first ever Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS trailer.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth sees you playing as the Pokemon themselves and we can also see the new AR feature in which you can scan things which then become Magnagates and open up paths to new dungeons for you.

Comments

1. SonyX Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 22:07

this game looks really good,as do the AR features.i'll probably buy this

2. HyrulianToad Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 06:36

Perhaps this is how the main series will look on 3DS ?

3. torterratrainer Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 07:05

I'm 60% likely to buy this but the thing is:

1: you want to be your favorite Pokemon not a rubbish chikorita or snivy
    2: you eventually get to 100 floor dungeons in which you finally scale only to find that there's nothing at its pit or summit
    3: i'm buying both monster hunters which means i need to buy a wii u so Pokemon has to be on the cheaper side.

4. Pyron12 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 08:00

Hopefully this will see the light of day in the west.

5. Accelgor7 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 08:26

OMG This is the best announcement of the year so far!!!!!!! (bar pokemon black/white2)!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D OMG OMG OMG I cant believe it!!!!!!!!

6. Argenthor Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 08:58

Is it just me, or do the cut scenes in this really capture the look of the cartoon series?

+ Japanese adverts are so much longer then ours!

7. lrwr14 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 09:20

Love the Mystery Dungeon games, one of my favourite spin offs, only problem I have with them is that it gives me OCD and have to explore the whole floor before moving on lol.

8. 123akis Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 11:08

this looks awesome!!

9. Starman64O Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 11:09

This. Looks. Awesome.
    Seriously, this will be brilliant

10. Xikelle Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 11:19

This is definitely something I'm looking forward to, and, call me an optimist, but the fact they have such a complete trailer (well, it seems substantial anyway) suggests they are quite a good way through the development process...though then again, the fact that there isn't a release date suggests there's still plenty a way to go. Still hopeful that it would be earlier rather than later next year.

I know that I was like that when I started on my first pokemon mystery dungeon game for the first time, but I know things like getting hungry have made me more inclined to hurry to the exit now.

11. KingoftheSocks Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 14:20

Make sure you get the tissues ready as we're all likely to be crying at the ending again.

But on another note, looks like we're gonna be able to pick our pokemon this time and not have that unessesary personality test. Gonna be a tough choice between Axew and Treecko if he's still there.

But two things I hoping for.

1 BRING BACK CUBONE. He made my Pokemon Blue rescue team game cause in my mind the personality seemed to fit the story,

2. no more pointless choice options, if you noticed it in the last gen of mystery dungeons there were some really pointless speech options, there was one that gave you no choice but to pick the single option and basically the speech choices effected nothing but a couple of lines of dialogue

12. ThePokekid78 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 14:56

This looks...ok. I was hoping for a Zelda-like mystery dungeon game, with far less but much larger floors, with puzzles and the ability to roam freely. From the trailer this looks exactly like previous Mystery Dungeon games, but with better graphics. Bit disappointed if I'm honest - but, that said, the Mystery Dungeon games were quite addictive and fun. Maybe I'll get it...

13. TenTen Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 15:01

Never played a mystery dungeon game, but this looks pretty good, despite me not really being in to pokemon much now. I might get it, depending when it's out.

14. lrwr14 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 15:20

But two things I hoping for.

I actually like the personality test. I always used the pokemon it gave me. Felt a bit more personal lol.

15. Misprite1 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 17:30

this game looks realy good, as do the AR features. i'll probably buy this

I agree, and it should have some dream radar functionality. Perhaps using the beam to recruit pokemon for an exhibition.

16. Misprite1 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 17:34

this game looks really good,as do the AR features.i'll probably buy this

I agree, and it could have some Dream Radar functionality. Using the beam to recruit pokemon for an exhibition, maybe?

17. DynamicPunch202 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 18:02

Wow! the 3D graphics look great! I'm definitely getting this

18. wghtmf Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 18:06

Something similar to this was revealed about a year and a half ago, I'm not sure if this is the same. http://www.serebii.net/dungeon3/

19. Starman64O Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 18:32

However, I do hope there will be more starters, such as Bulbasaur, Machop, Riolu and Torchic (just some examples) from the other games

20. goldtanooki Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 19:00

But two things I hoping for.

I remember when i got my first MD and i kept turning my ds off at the start until i got a fire type! :P i was so stupid :P

21. imbusydoctorwho Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 19:36

Looks brilliant.

22. Donkey Kong Jr. Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 19:43

This looks fantastic. Wonderful, wonderful graphics.

23. CraigEmberson Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 07:41

Me too, I don't like missing anything. It's the same with Zelda games... I HAVE to cut all grass, even in corners of dungeons or I'll get all frustrated lol

24. CraigEmberson Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 07:55

But two things I hoping for.

I like the idea of having both options - personality test or selection. I like knowing which Pokemon matches me by its personality, feels custom to me. If there are to be more speech choices, I hope they change more than dialogue.

25. Serebii Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 12:44

this game looks really good,as do the AR features.i'll probably buy this

It has been confirmed on the official site that it has no compatibility with other games.

There is a release date. Winter 2012. The precise release date will be revealed next month, presumably around November 20th

This is a completely different game. The WiiWare games came out in Japan in 2009 and didn't do well which is why they weren't localised

26. Hams96 Friday 12th Oct 2012 at 00:10

I absolutely adored Time/Darkness, definetly getting this.