4 more Wii U launch games confirmed for UK

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition will be available on day one

Four more Wii U launch games have been confirmed for the UK, bringing the total up to 11. The big one is Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition but Namco Bandai has also confirmed that Tank Tank Tank, Family Party: 30 Great Games (we'll be the judge of that - ed) and Ben 10: Omniverse will also be available on 30 November.

Of those, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is undoubtedly the most exciting for Nintendo fans as the Wii U version of Namco's big beat 'em up enables you to dress up as Mario and Luigi and it also features Mario's Mega Mushroom power-up.

So that means Nintendo fans now have 11 games to choose from at launch. Here are the Wii U launch games.

Ben 10: Omniverse

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Family Party: 30 Great Games

FIFA 13

Mass Effect 3: Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros U

Nintendo Land (bundled with Wii U Premium Pack)

Rayman Legends

Tank Tank Tank

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

ZombiU

Here are the rest of the games that will be released during the Wii U launch window.

Comments

1. Dark nemisis Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 09:34

nice line up, similar to 3DS though. I just hope there are more stronger games still waiting to be announced..... also have I missed something or was Darksiders 2 not supposed to be a launch game?

2. 1singie Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 09:50

i think the lack of information and game play for 'family party' is a sign of its quality!! lol. The Tekken wii u extras in that video has moved it from a maybe to a YES! i wonder if DOA 5 will be coming to wii u also?

3. alexkinch Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 10:55

Resident evil 6 i beg you capcom make it so.

4. lminett Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 11:08

Yeah nice little starting line up here, probs get about 4 or 5 of them

5. Dan-the-Wii-man Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 11:58

nice line up, similar to 3DS though.

gonna have to disagree with this. Nintendo have 2 strong first party games this time round (one being mario!) There are big blockbuster third party franchises along with a new IP; this is alot more varied than the 3DS launch where the best game was a remake of an old fighting game,

6. barrybarryk Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 12:00

Darksiders 2 is a launch Game in the US so it'll probably be a launch game here too, but if it does miss that date I'm sure the EU version won't be far behind.

7. toffeeman30 Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 12:21

mmm family friendly

8. imbusydoctorwho Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 12:29

So far the games that interest for launch that interest me are.
    New Super Mario Bros U
    Rayman Legends
    Tekken

9. shy guy 64 Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 12:45

nothing out of those 4 that interest me

10. Super Wido Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 13:10

Another nice title for launch on the Wii U come November 30th. I won't however be getting it, as I currently have it on the Xbox 360.

11. K-tet Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 13:27

Tank! Tank! Tank! is a better game than most of you give credit for, and yes I did play it at an Arcade Emporium.

But this is great news. It shows just how strong the launch line-up's going to be. Something for everyone with a bit more emphasis on the 'core' gamer, but with the right amount for the gaming enthusiast. Shame I won't be able to buy the games I do want all at once, but I can always pick those up later.

12. inuyashaDS Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 14:56

(looks at new launch games) I don't care really about these games.

13. trigo Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 15:12

there some prettey good games there.

14. MartinIsAwesome Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 15:14

Tank! Tank! Tank! Sweet!

15. HyrulianToad Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 15:27

A fairly good line up !
    Heres what i want for wiiu:
    Nintendo land
    nsmbu
    assassins creed 3
    Zombiu
    Scribblenaughts unlimited
    and batman AC

I've been saving up :)

16. LewiiG Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 16:04

YES!!! TEKKEN TAG 2!!! OMG! Good cause just NSMBU would have been kind of meh. Tekken will make my day one with the Wii U amazing. Hopefully.

17. TheNUKEnukeM Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 16:18

Will get tekken on wii U. It looks like smash bros but with less flying around. Im not getting a wii u at launch though.

18. me4ndubz Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 17:09

they didnt even mention dressing up as other nintendo characters e.g. link and zelda

19. GuitarHero Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 17:13

Tank! Tank! Tank! Sweet!

Indeed, it looks like an enjoyable game.

20. Xenobladeperson Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 18:51

I'm still only getting ZombiU and Rayman Legends on launch.

21. Kirby8 Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 21:37

Looks like the want my money early! I'm definitely getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2!

22. SNESgamer Tuesday 18th Sep 2012 at 00:22

i just hope we get reviews of all these launch games before launch day. Theres about 5 games in that list i could buy on day one.

23. Tams Thursday 20th Sep 2012 at 13:38

To be honest, I'm sorely disappointed there's no We U Dare (or We, You Dare). :twisted: .

24. Medea Friday 21st Sep 2012 at 14:44

It matters little to me, as I won't be able to afford it

25. GuitarHero Friday 21st Sep 2012 at 16:52

Oh god, I remember that game. Got cancelled in the UK I think, and it was a 12+ as well...

Found this, so true