Game Freak want to bring Rhythm Hunter to Europe

Pokemon developers working out details with Nintendo

One of the surprises of the recent Nintendo Direct 3DS showcase was Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight. A 3DS eShop rhythm action game from Pokemon developers Game Freak, it has only been confirmed for Japan so far but GF director Junichi Masuda has said he wants to bring the game to Europe.

Speaking with IGN, Masuda said: In terms of a North American or European release, it's definitely something we'd like to do, but we're working out the details with Nintendo now and seeing what would be the best way to get that to players."

Game Freak haven't made that many other games since Pokemon took off but Masuda said that giving people the chance to make smaller games such as Rhythm Hunter has a positive impact on the Pokemon games.

"One of the nice things about smaller projects like that is... since it's a project that you really wanted to do, you've kind of signed on to do that project," added Masuda. "You're really interested in it. There's also very few people and a short schedule, so everyone has to work on multiple aspects that they might not normally work with. So by doing that, you really build up experience, which translates back into the Pokemon games."

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 09:27

i really hope this dose make it over here

2. Kesskuron Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 10:18

Please do, it's the first thing I've seen on the e shop in a while that's really caught my attention

3. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 11:04

Looks like it could be the best thing on E-Shop,so it would be nice if it got released here.

4. K-tet Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 11:17

I'd love to see it over here. I'd happily part with my money to buy it.

5. lrwr14 Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 13:12

Hope they do, love rhythm games. Reminds me of Bit.Trip.Runner.

6. Darkblizz Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 14:10

Please do, Masuda-san, I'd love to play this.

7. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 17:14

I concur with everthing above.

8. fisher2007 Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 20:28

hope this does make it over here and I'd love to play this.

9. GuitarHero Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 20:31

Looks interesting and has potential, hope it comes over here.

10. Tailzy Tuesday 25th Sep 2012 at 21:42

If they do release it here, this will most likely be my second purchase from the eshop after Pullblox

11. wazlon Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 11:16

I want this game badly. I can't believe it's an eShop title too! Please let us have it :D