Wii U eShop is very promising say Trine 2 developers

Frozenbyte like what they've seen so far

Frozenbyte, the studio behind the excellent downloadable game Trine 2, have told Official Nintendo Magazine that the Wii U eShop is very promising.

The Wii U eShop is one of the few things that Nintendo has yet to reveal but Trine 2 producer Lauri Hyvärinen is pleased with what he has seen so far:

"Nintendo is taking online very seriously with Wii U," Hyvärinen told us. "Everything we have seen and heard about the Wii U eShop sounds very promising."

He also revealed what he wants from Nintendo's online store on Wii U. "Our hopes as developers are quite simple: inexpensive updating and easy certification process. That's really it. If the Wii U eShop can deliver either one of these, or even both, then we will be very happy!"

Here's what we want from the Wii U eShop.

Trine 2 is one of the best Wii U games we've played so far.

Comments

1. Aboyandhissequel Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 13:01

I adore Frozenbyte, always have done. Here's hoping we get their new game Splot, too...

2. 3DSRulesO.K Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 15:01

I cant count the amount of praise that developers have given the WiiU.

Yet there are still so many childish people making things up and saying its a terrible console. I cant think of a single bad thing about the console, yet people say it has terrible graphics and online and not enough 'hardcore' titles.

They cant prove any thing about the graphics and online, the only thing that we can count on to be true is developer praise, and there is tons of it and people just ignore it.

As for the 'hardcore' titles, ZombiU, Batman, Assassins Creed 3, Mass Effect, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Trine 2, Aliens, Monster Hunter, Darksiders, fifa, Madden, NBA 2K12 and Call of Duty dont appeal to these so called 'hardcore' gamers.

They obviously hate nintendo or games in general, and I am really angry with it!!! :evil: :x :x

3. tomonm Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 15:03

Well said! If I could still promote comments, I'd promote yours!

4. 3DSRulesO.K Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 16:48

Well said! If I could still promote comments, I'd promote yours!

Thank you! :D 8)

5. MistaChristopher Wednesday 26th Sep 2012 at 18:57

^Those are what you call trolls.

Anyways, this is great news. I really want a Wii U....

6. 3DSRulesO.K Thursday 27th Sep 2012 at 18:11

^Those are what you call trolls.

I wasn't trolling, why do you think I was?

7. Xenobladeperson Thursday 27th Sep 2012 at 19:33

^Those are what you call trolls.

I wasn't trolling, why do you think I was?

You weren't trolling, the people making unjustifiable arguments abut the WiiU are trolls.

8. Kyranosaurus Thursday 27th Sep 2012 at 21:49

I hope we get lots of Indie Devs coming to eShop! :)