New Monster Hunter 3 Wii U screenshots

Get ready for the Ultimate Edition

You've seen Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition 3DS screenshots, but to see Monster Hunter at its very best, you really need to check out this gallery of Wii U screens.

As the name suggests, Monster Hunter: Ultimate Edition is an enhanced version of the Wii classic Monster Hunter Tri.

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition features over 200 quests and, as a result, Capcom has promised that this is the most expansive Monster Hunter yet. Additionally, the touchscreen enabling players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games meaning it will be more intuitive.

Also, if you want to play Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition online, you need to buy the Wii U version as the 3DS game doesn't support online multiplayer. However, it does link up with the 3DS version so you can continue your quests on the move.

2013 promises to be a big year for Monster Hunter fans with Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Edition and Monster Hunter 4 both set for release next year.

Comments

1. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 09:02

This game is the Soul reason I NEED a WiiU.
    So its the soul reason I Need to win the mags 'Win a WiiU" contest..shame I Never win contests =(

Either way it looks fantastic, those other monsters look awesome! Wonder what that Rathian series Bell thing is on the hunters back on the Blacksmiths back.

If we get the 3DS version 1st, will we be able to send over that character, his armour and everything else onto the main console version? I mean, it would be a bit boring if you could exactly copy it, but just his armour and other belongings and having to start all quests again.

2. Kesskuron Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 09:23

This makes me so freaking happy
    Seriously, day 1
    And I mean the whole lot
    The console, the WiiU game & the 3DS game
    I'll be poor but I'll be happy so I won't care

3. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 09:58

One of the main reasons I want a Wii U.

4. lrwr14 Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 10:15

Wow amazing...just look at those shadows. So looking forward to getting this. This game will make me buy a WiiU. I won't be getting the WiiU on release date, so i'll wait till they release this and then get one-hopefully as a special bundle.

5. Oxo64 Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 13:08

Well, the WiiU is pretty much guaranteed to sell well in Japan at launch.:lol:

6. K-tet Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 14:33

Beautiful. This will shift system sales like nobody's business come March. I can see a 32GB Premium Monster Hunter bundle happening to replace the seasonal ZombiU bundle too.

Wii U's going to have a very successful launch in Japan. Who knows? Nintendo might have to issue yet another apology due to all of their systems selling out.

7. hamzahdsi Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 15:08

Niiiiiice.

8. torterratrainer Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 15:14

WOW! this is what i dreamed of when i got TRI!
    a HD MH that is a proper High resolution not the crappy MH portable 3rd high definition.

you can even see each tooth. shows how capcom are properly welcoming graphics to monster hunter

9. Xenobladeperson Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 15:35

The textures might need improved a little in some places before launch, but it still looks impressive and I can't wait for this. I'll update the thread now.

10. Haru Waji Thursday 4th Oct 2012 at 17:30

Those shots look pretty damn gorgeous to me. I've already been sold on the Wii U, this just makes me want one that much more.