Nintendo Land's F-Zero, Octopus Dance and Yoshi's Fruit Cart games detailed

Captain Falcon's Twister Race is a single-player game

We now have details for every single one of Nintendo Land's 12 games after Nintendo revealed more information about Captain Falcon's Twister Race, Octopus Dance and Yoshi's Fruit Cart, all three of which are single-player games.

Here are the descriptions for each Nintendo Land game, starting with the game inspired by F-Zero.

Captain Falcon's Twister Race: You get a top-down view of the track on the GamePad, which must be held vertically and turned to steer through a winding, twisting track. There checkpoints to hit before time runs but obstacles such as speed spikes, whirlwinds, other vehicles and even bombs will get in your way. However, dash plates will give you a speed boost.

Octopus Dance: A dancing game in which you use the GamePad to mirror dance moves performed by a deep-sea dance instructor. You have to watch your own movements from the back on the TV in order to move in the right direction but you will occasionally need to switch to the view on the GamePad to dance.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart: In this brain-teasing single-player attraction, you're asked to guide Yoshi's cart towards the goal while collecting all the fruit along the way. The catch is that you can see fruit on the TV but not on the GamePad.

Nintendo Land is a Wii U launch game.

Comments

1. Slinkington Wednesday 17th Oct 2012 at 11:12

"hold the narrow end of the Wii U GamePad upright with both hands"

What? I don't get it. The "WiiU Gamepad" is the Tablet controller, right? Or was it the Xbox-like one? Either way, I don't understand how you're meant to be holding it here.

2. triforce-manc Wednesday 17th Oct 2012 at 11:16

Everybody should thank me for this story as it was me who sent the picture :) Just kidding I don't need thanking. When I seen it I did think I've not seen any description about those 3 games yet, kinda weird how they've only been shown at play expo rather than a bigger event like the ones going on in America.

Yeah I didn't understand that either, all I presumed it meant was you held it up in front of you like a steering wheel

3. Targey Wednesday 17th Oct 2012 at 11:35

Still hoping the F-Zero minigame means a full F-Zero game is in the works.

4. KairiZero Wednesday 17th Oct 2012 at 11:37

Seems to me from the Captain Falcon Twister race description you would hold the tablet pad rotated at a 90 degree angle? In the same way they've had the controller orientated for Takamaru's Ninja Castle, and you would use the gyro controls to steer, this seems the most logical control scheme going by the description :)

And yes, I agree - I really hope there is a full on F-Zero game in the works too, I love them all :)

5. CraigEmberson Wednesday 17th Oct 2012 at 12:21

Instead of holding the GamePad like usual, you rotate it 90 degrees and hold it with the left or right side facing the front - Just like Takumaru's Ninja Castle.

6. KairiZero Thursday 18th Oct 2012 at 11:33

Which is indeed as KairiZero described; whom I believe to be correct as far as I'm aware.

Indeed so! I'm looking forward to Nintendoland, I will be in Leicester on the 3rd to check it out first hand :D

7. shy guy 64 Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 10:28

sounds fun

8. LavaTwilight Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 12:22

I hope there's a new F-Zero game in the works. Since Retro are working on a secret game, they've already visited DK and Metroid, and they're "thinking about" them for Zelda, maybe that decision will be based on how well they handle this secret game. A lot of people are speculating what it could be and F-Zero and Starfox seems to be the more dominant ones, but my vote (and wish) will be F-Zero!!!

9. olrodlegacy Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 16:02

I can't see this game being anything other than the WiiU's Wii Sports. Would I rather blow 45 on a load of mini-games, or something like Assassin's Creed, Aliens or 007 Legends? Simple choice for me.

10. adamatsu Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 17:07

the f-zero game looks verrrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooooow.

11. the_yoshimaster Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 20:48

i cant wait for the game especially for the yoshi game!!!!! :lol: