Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge UK release date confirmed

Find out how it has improved upon Ninja Gaiden 3

Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge is a Wii U launch game in the US but UK fans will have to wait until January to get their hands on what is the bloodiest Wii U game. Yep, Nintendo confirmed a 11 January release date for Tecmo Koei's hack n slasher.

Ninja Gaiden 3 which was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 earlier this year but, according to Nintendo, the Wii U version features a number of improvements.

For starters the number of weapons has doubled to six as you can make use of a sword, claws, scythe, dual katana, staff and kusari-gama. The number of available Ninpo has also been increased from one to three. You can upgrade these weapons and Ninpo, learning new moves and increasing your HP.

You can also play as Ayanne who only appeared in a cutscene in the other versions, while classic Ninja Gaiden boss characters return with new moves in the Test Of Valor battle area. More characters will become available after launch as free DLC.

Finally, the Wii U GamePad enables you to easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.

Let us know if you're going to buy Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge...

Comments

1. Lew3107 Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 09:30

Another launch game down the drain then. Ah well, I guess I can buy other games while I wait for it.

2. MartinIsAwesome Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 11:55

Oh yeah, this will be on my 'To Buy' list. Looks great and I appreciate the all extra work that has gone into it to make it a better game rather than being a straight port.

3. imbusydoctorwho Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 12:05

It looks like it's going to be a massive improvement over the other versions,alas I probably won't be able to get this,but it seems Wii U owners are getting the best version of the game.

4. SNESgamer Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 12:13

I probably will get it, but if that video is the advert for it then Nintendo really have lost the plot!

5. mushroomchow Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 13:05

Nah, don't worry, this was just a gameplay video from E3 with a few titles tacked on - i doubt an ad that gory could ever be shown on TV. :lol:

6. TheNUKEnukeM Friday 26th Oct 2012 at 16:56

More characters will become available after launch as free DLC

Kasumi and hayate. I have to buy this game simply because I love DOA so much

7. KairiZero Saturday 27th Oct 2012 at 12:02

As long as the learning curve is sorted out. From what I remember, Ninja gaiden II was ridiculous in places lmao! A fun game though, I may check this one out!!

8. Kirby8 Sunday 28th Oct 2012 at 18:49

I played Ninja Gaiden 3 demo at Eurogamer last year and it was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun. Good game. Didn't review well though, pretty average score, and they probably played more of it. Would love to play it anyway. Would like to see how this one turns out.