Exclusive Wii U video - see how it compares in size to Wii

Our Wii U overview gives you a great guide to Nintendo's new console

Official Nintendo Magazine were given exclusive access to the Wii U console and Wii U GamePad ahead of the console's UK release on 30 November. So we recorded a video which not only gives you a guide to everything that Nintendo's new console is capable of, but also shows you how the Wii U console compares in size to the Wii and 3DS XL.

As for the Wii U GamePad, this Wii U video gives you an idea of how easy Nintendo's new controller is to hold, even with one hand, and we show you around all the controller's many buttons and ports. You can also find out how it will work with some of the best Wii U games such as Nintendo Land, ZombiU and Assassin's Creed 3.

Comments

1. mariostache Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 12:54

lets hope thats not chandra with the nail polished hands!! and hello tom :)

2. ChandraONM Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 13:04

lets hope thats not chandra with the nail polished hands!! and hello tom :)

lol no, it's mrs chandra

3. K-tet Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 13:05

Beautiful looking machine. Very shiny too.

Everything about it just looks polished. Not long now.

4. geengy Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 14:18

NEED. MONEY. :x

5. WolfyWardark Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 15:28

Brilliant! I've already made room for this fantastic piece of kit in my TV cabinet! :)

6. CraigEmberson Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 15:46

It does look beautiful close up too, although I didn't actually play with the GamePad... How shows are run in the UK is very stingy. They also failed to mention (for the MCM Expo) that you had to have ID to play ZombiU - I had no idea and was annoyed. Plus, they rushed you along, whereas America lets you play whatever you want and wander freely.

7. Dwarph Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 16:58

hey thar onm ^_^ yay videos again :D
    just wondering, can it play dvds?

8. ChandraONM Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 17:08

No, sadly not. Doesn't play DVDs or Blu-Rays but will no doubt have streaming services such as NetFlix, Amazon Video, LoveFilm etc shortly after launch

9. danbish Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 17:51

NEED. MONEY. :x

So do I. Hoping my student grant comes through in time...

10. The_Chozo_Dude Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 18:03

"music and film streaming" :D so is this confirmation that we actually WILL have online entertainment services? becuase nintendo's website says every single week "details will be announced at a later time"...

11. Mr Roboto Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 19:34

I WANT ONE NOW!!!! :mrgreen:

12. leftoverlunch Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 20:58

32 days 3 hours and 3 min it's agony

13. ninjafox Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 21:06

Really well made video ONM :) The size comparison between previous and current Nintendo consoles was good, it should fit nicely under my TV and it was nice to have a run down of some of the Wii U features again and a better look at the actual console as so much talk (rightly so) focuses on the gamepad. Looking forward to the next one!

14. LavaTwilight Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 21:42

Awesomeness! Thanks Chandra that was a good video and is keeping me wanting one for day1 :D

15. TheMarioMan997 Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 01:46

actually to be fair i have to disagree. i was let in the Wii U area and i was just wandering around for 20-30 mins and nobody came up to me. I also played Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and I was not rushed, however there was a lack of notification when it came to ZOMBIU and other games.

16. Mr Roboto Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 04:38

I don't suppose Chandra will take his Wii u apart so we can see what model CPU and GPU Nintendo have decided on :wink:

If not any idea when Nintendo will release the details? I love reading up on things like that!

17. KairiZero Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 07:17

I've already pre-ordered and paid for mine, so now....the waiting game....31 days or so now? :D :D

18. m4att1 Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 10:43

This video is just taunting me, so much shiny stuff and i probably won't be able to buy 1/10 of it :cry:

19. K-tet Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 11:05

We can dream, right? =P

I'm pretty sure we'll know the specs once someone in America has bought one and opened it up for the same purposes.

20. King-BOOm Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 19:06

We can dream, right? =P

Have you read this feature? It may answer some of your questions :)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... ks/?page=1

21. NintendoFrewin Tuesday 30th Oct 2012 at 22:07

Which is better?
    ONM or the Wii U?
    There's only one way to find out.
    FIGHT!!! :D