Over in Japan, the 3DS is still dominating the battle of the consoles, selling over 61,000 units in this week's Japanese sales charts. In comparison, the second best seller was PlayStation 3, which only managed just over 20,000 units.
Its closest handheld rival, the PSVita, only managed just under 6000 units - ensuring that Japan is still dedicated to Nintendo's 3DS system.
In terms of games sales, the 3DS managed to keep three titles within the top ten. Those games are AKB48+Me, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and, of course, New Super Mario Bros. 2.
Here is the full list of both console and software sales for Japan this week.
1. Nintendo 3DS: 61,542
2. PlayStation 3: 20,364
3. PSP: 14,541
4. PlayStation Vita: 5,806
5. Wii: 3,744
6. Xbox 360: 1,931
7. PlayStation 2: 1,006
8. Nintendo DS: 441
1. The Idolmaster: Shiny Festa - Honey Sound / Funky Note / Groovy Tune - PSP
2. Dark Souls with Artorias of the Abyss Edition - PS3
3. Zone of the Enders HD Edition - PS3
4. AKB48+Me - 3DS
5. Borderlands 2 - PS3
6. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 3DS
7. Resident Evil 6 - PS3
8. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS
9. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 - PS3
10. Borderlands 2 - 360
[ Source: NeoGaf ]