Miyamoto shares ideas for Metroid Wii U

He thinks a Metroid Wii U game could be like Metroid Blast...

Want to know Shigeru Miyamoto's ideas for a Metroid Wii U game? Play Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land for it's all in there.

In an interview with French website Gamekult, Miyamoto was asked what if the next Metroid game would be in the style of Metroid Other M or Metroid Prime.

He said: "You know, the kind of ideas I have on Metroid are already reflected in the mini-game that is devoted to the series in Nintendo Land, Metroid Blast."

However, that's just Miyamoto's idea. Remember that Metroid Prime was developed by Retro Studios while Metroid creator Yoshio Sakamoto worked with Team Ninja on Metroid: Other M.

Also, he added that thanks to the power of Wii U, you could imagine an action game in HD.

What do you want from the next Metroid game on Wii U?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 10:27

well until i play it i cant really say weather or not its a good idea

2. m4att1 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 10:32

I think controlling samus's ship with the Wii U game pad would be pretty cool, like in Corruption when you had to use samus's ship to blow up walls and generators, but this time in more detail, for example you have to use the game pad to move the ship into the right position to pick things up without crashing or if you come across a horde of monsters just use the ship to bomb them :twisted:

3. King-X Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 10:33

From what I've seen of Metroid Blast that is a lot nearer to my own vision of where Metroid should go than I've seen to date in its entire 3D life. Imagine the full abilities of the 2D games such as proper Space Jumping (as opposed to the pathetic double-jump it became) and Speed Boots antics along with a whole host of new abilities. Now I know the direction it did take was partly due to technological restraints of the day but I think we're past that now.

For sure I want it in third-person. It feels much closer to home to its roots that way. I know some people enjoyed this aspect but less of those scanning shenanigans please, I just want unadulterated action!

Naturally I want to see lusher visuals and a more serious tone than Metroid Blast offers though...

4. Fishman92 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 10:51

Just give us Prime 4. Seriously.

5. toffeeman30 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 13:04

he has the experience with games so why not?

6. Ai64 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 15:19

I hope for Corruption's sequal. More of the same Prime styled gameplay but much better and prettier.

7. MartinIsAwesome Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 15:36

I'd just be happy knowing that is definately a new Metroid in development. It could be a rhythm action game for all I care.

8. Pyron12 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 16:19

Hopefully the multiplayer will be like Prime 2 :D

9. Hams96 Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 18:50

I'd like to fly Samus' ship through space to get to different areas, maybe drawing a course for the ship to fly like in Spirit Tracks, or steering the ship like flying a Loftwing in Skyward Sword.

10. Mr Roboto Monday 5th Nov 2012 at 18:51

I hope platinum games make the next Metroid game and they make it just like Vanquish! Awesome game!

11. nick richardson Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 22:19

The next metroid game should be more like prime than other-m, Metroid other-m was ok but not as good as the prime games, i loved scanning everything in the prime games and think there should be more of it in the next game as well as giving you more controle over the ship with the game pad touch screen or something