3DS eShop games of the week - Pokedex 3D Pro, New Art Academy DLC

Pokedex 3D Pro costs £13.49

Pokedex 3D Pro heads up this week's selection of 3DS eShop downloads. It will be joined in the 3DS digital store by Rising Board 3D, New Art Academy DLC, and Cake Ninja 2 while you can also save money on Marvel Pinball 3D. This week's solitary Wii download is Shock Troopers.

Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS: Nintendo, £13.49) is the sequel to Pokedex 3D, the free app that was released in 2011. While Pokedex 3D only featured Unova Region Pokemon, this one features every single Pokemon in the Pokedex, including all their formes.

As with the original, you can get info on the moves and evolutions of the Pokemon and view them in 3D. There's also a quiz that will test you on your knowledge.

Rising Board 3D (3DS: Odenis Studio, £2.69) is a water sports game set in the colourful world of Pop Island. You put your board in the water and surf the wave or slalom across the islands to collect sun points which you can use to buy new boards. You can ride a sailboard, a kiteboard, a wakeboard or a surfboard.

Cake Ninja 2 (3DS or DSi: Cypronia, £4.49 or 500 Points) is the sequel to Cake Ninja, a game that had you sliding the stylus across the screen to slice cakes into small pieces like a true Ninja warrior. Apparently, it was among the top 20 best-selling Nintendo DSiWare games in North America.

Shock Troopers (Wii: D4, 900 Points) is a military action game that was originally released for Neo Geo in 1997. You play as mercenaries assigned to rescue Dr. George and his granddaughter who have been kidnapped by a terrorist group called Bloody Scorpions. You can form a team of three from the eight mercenaries at your disposal, or go solo in Lone Wolf Mode. Or you can play with two players.

You can also download Marvel Pinball 3D for £4.49 for one week only (original price: £6.29) while the New Art Academy DLC lessons (Fur & Feathers and Paint like Monet) cost £1.79 each.

Comments

1. K-tet Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 09:49

ú13.49 is a bit too steep. I'll probably invest in it a lot later. If I'm honest, it's ú5.50 more expensive than it should be. ú7.99 would've been the perfect price point.

As for the other offerings, again, for now, I'll pass. Wii U is far more important.

2. RainbowGazelle Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 09:50

I had considered getting Pokedex 3D Pro if it wasn't too expensive. ú13.49 is way overpriced. I am not paying that.

3. Serebii Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 09:56

They're thinking of PokÚdex 3D Pro as a digital strategy guide so it's priced accordingly. It's cheaper than most PokÚdex print guides and it has a myriad of extras. While it probably could have been cheaper, it's fully justified

4. Commandervideo Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 10:11

Overpriced. Although I'm still going to be one of the insane few who will buy PokedexPro

5. shy guy 64 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 10:29

it dose seem like a bit much but im still saving up for a wii u so i'll decide about it some other time

6. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 10:38

ú13.49? I don't think so.

7. King Slazo Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 11:07

RRPs for strategy guides like PokÚdexs over here are ú12.99, so... its still more expensive, even with that comparison.

And considering there's a myraid of sites on the internet where you can acquire this all for free... redundant ripoff in an understatement.

8. bobble173 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 11:44

Yeah I want pokÚdex pro but I don't want any gimmicks to rack up the price. Way too expensive I can't afford to pay almost ú15 for that

9. Shmilly Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 11:53

You can't possibly justify that price on the updated Pokedex. You're paying for some quizzes and some 3D models, the rest you can find online on a multitude of sites for free. Furthermore, to access the app you need to quit the Pokemon game you were playing, whereas looking it up on the internet means you can just carry on playing. Come on Nintendo, what were you thinking? Even strategy guides come cheaper than this.

10. metalgario Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 12:08

Oh dear, Fail on that Nintendo! I'll stick to the much cheaper books and apps, if it enabled 3D battles that would be a different story though...

11. Nintendalek42 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 12:45

:shock: That price on pokedex 3D pro is totally ridiculous. I'll probably wait till the price goes down, or I might just buy it now because I really want it. Damn you Nintendo, I'm going to have to resist my urge to buy it because of your cynical overpricing! This is not the kind of price I was expecting, especially for what is effectively a bunch of quizzes and more 3D models. Just under ú10 is fine, but this is really pushing it. A bad, opportunistic move from Nintendo.

12. toffeeman30 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 13:06

wont be spending my virtual money this week

13. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 14:02

That Rising Board looks surprisingly good. And it seems pretty cheap too. May be worth a look down the line.
    And that Shock Troopers looks just like a top-down version of Metal Slug, which would be great if it wasn't for the fact that I've got the Metal Slug Anthology in my back catalogue of games to play.

14. fisher2007 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 14:31

I really wanted the pokedex pro but it's expensive not paying for that also i hope nintendo lower the price but i don't think it happen yet they want money also if they announced generation 6 then the price will be lower also that mean's we have to wait age's for the price to be lower and but if your insane then wouldn't matter to you if you pay for it and download it. :(

15. ledreppe Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 14:43

Nothing here that really makes me say "Ooh, I must have that". So I'll just be moving along 'till next week then.

16. Wackiest Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 16:24

I was only going to get this if the price was right,

And seeing as it's impossible to consult this Pokedex whilst playing a Pokemon game on my 3DS, it just isn't worth it. Might get it at a later date if the price comes down,

For now I'll stick to the information available online

17. TenTen Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 16:25

ú13? I think I'll stick to serebii, thanks.

18. Magmortar963 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 16:42

ú13.49, I know we've just got out of the recession but we're still recovering so don't expect me to pay that. Savvy shoppers will know you can get StarFox 64 3D for around the same price, no comparison!

19. Hams96 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 16:47

See that Wailord in the picture? That's Nintendo, powering its way towards you in a bid to consume your money

20. CyberGW Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 16:57

PokÚdex 3D is very expensive but since I love taking AR Pictures so much I'm going to buy it.
    The option of 650 odd PokÚmon to add into AR Pics is just unresistable for me, especially since they've got rid of that annoying blue shadow like they had in the original PokÚdex 3D.

21. CaptainSnivy Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 17:02

Nope, I won't be getting Pokedex 3D Pro. I'm not going to be spending all that money on something that Bulbapedia and Serebii.net do a million times better, for free. And to be honest, you would have to pretty mad to do it.

22. Dan-the-Wii-man Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 18:10

ú14?!?!?!?

23. C00LI098 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 18:21

As much as I'd like 3D Pro, I'll definitely be passing. It'll probably end up costing Ç20 (just because they seem to love throwing on an extra two or three euro). It's a nice app (especially for a language lover like me), but extremely far from necessary.

24. CraigEmberson Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 18:45

I have to admit, if you pay for the Pokedex books, they're ú14.99 but this doesn't contain info on gym leaders, etc... like the book does. I'd say at most, it should be ú9.99. What happened to their pricing strategy anyway? Usually, it works out:

ú1.80
    ú2.70
    ú3.60
    ú4.50
    ú5.40
    ú6.30
    ú7.20
    ú8.10
    ú9.00
    ú9.90
    ú.10.80

25. phil2512 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 20:42

Really... what the frigging point of this when you can either go to serrebi/bulbapedia for the information you need and more and they could have updated it just like mario kart 7 if its possible.

26. TwilightLink77 Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 20:48

ú13.49 for PokÚdex 3D Pro...
    ú13.49 is exactly the price that I can get the book for in this shop that I go to that does student discount.

EDIT: I have just realised that in my circumstance on being able to purchase the guide book for about the same price as the PokÚdex 3D Pro app, I would be able to get more out of PokÚdex 3D Pro with all the features and for not a penny more!

27. hamzahdsi Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 20:51

I don't think anyone will. Thats far too much. And so were the downloadable versions of NSMB.

28. Starman64O Tuesday 6th Nov 2012 at 21:07

By Arceus no!

WHat price do you call that? If I count correctly, that equates to 1500Points... Would you pay that much for a WiiWare Game, never mind an app.

Reduce the price Nintendo. I say ú10.80 is the highest you can ask for, and that's 1200 points!

29. Pyron12 Wednesday 7th Nov 2012 at 17:45

ú13.49??! :x To quote travis touchdown: YOU GOTTA BE <deleted> ME! :evil: :!:
    But you make a fair point TwilightLink.

30. redeye Wednesday 7th Nov 2012 at 19:08

I would have paid ú5, nothing more as it's not worth it. Web sites here I come, that and books :evil:

31. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 7th Nov 2012 at 23:43

FUUUU! I HAD 16 QUID SOMETHING SAVED,JUST FOR POKEDEX PRO, GOT BORED WAITING AND BOUGHT LINKS AWAKENING AND THOUGHT 11 QUID SOMETHING WOULD BE ENOUGH! FFS. Its hugely over priced, and like everyones said, you can find it all free on the internet.

Me being a fanboy of pokemon though.. I still badly want it.. So flipped off about this.

32. mercury9 Thursday 8th Nov 2012 at 03:40

ú13.49 for Pokemon 3D Pro?

Nintendo,

However, I'll be giving it a miss I think. Shame really, as I wanted it but not at that price :shock:

33. patricioparga Thursday 8th Nov 2012 at 07:48

Man I was saving for Pokedex 3D Pro, but after seeing the price I thought it was a joke. Sadly it is not haha. I think I'll just pass. Silly me, I actually thought that this app would be out for like ú4 or ú5.

34. Commandervideo Thursday 8th Nov 2012 at 11:08

Seribii warned a while back that it could cost around ú12-13 so I wouldn't be so shocked. But yeah it's a ridiculous price.

35. MrFruitLoops Thursday 8th Nov 2012 at 16:40

I'm actually stupid enough to downloaded the app. However, it's quite good & you get every Pokemon & it's forms in the beginning, so you don't have to get 3 a day.

36. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 8th Nov 2012 at 23:45

Lol.. I went out and got another ú15 top up for my eshop to get it v.v dem fanboys eh?
    But yeah its actualy not that bad, and the challenges do get better as you fly through the 1st few.
    It also holds more info than the last one, including weaknesses.
    You can also change the background to some more interesting ones and the whole colour of the Dex.
    Plus the guy reading the names out is the one from the tv series (I think.) I seem to remember he gets one name wrong... says it different to how they do on the series. Cant rememeber who though.
    Also, some of the pokemon (or masquerain atleast) animations seem to be the same as on PBR. But thats the only one Ive noticed.

STILL OVER PRICED THOUGH NINTENDO! I think ú10 would do nicely.

Now I just need for the New QR codes to be released en masse and then I shall start spamming with more pictures and my David Ashenborough Tumblr Pokemon Gallery shall become more active-er...ish...kinda...

37. MrFruitLoops Friday 9th Nov 2012 at 00:43

It's the same voice used in the anime & Bulbapedia claims that the Pokedex is voiced by Marc Thompson, the same guy who voices Ash's Tepig & Krokorok, the poor sod had to voice over 600 Pokemon for 1 game.

The ability to change languages in this game is actually quite cool, because you can hear what a Pokemon sounds like in German, French, Spanish & even Japanese. Serpifeu is German for Snivy, Chinchidou is Minccino in French & Emonga in Japan for Emolga. The n is replaced by an l because 'mong' is an insult to someone with a disability.

38. Commandervideo Friday 9th Nov 2012 at 23:10

^^^ Yeah, I didn't expect the Pokedex voice from the anime to be used in PP3D, It blew my mind,
    and it's one of it's many highlights from using it so far.
    And I didn't know changing the language would also change the Pokedex voice, I'll have to try that out at some point