Pikachu 3DS XL release date confirmed

Are you going to buy this limited edition 3DS?

You will be able to buy the limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL next month in the UK. Yes, Nintendo has confirmed that the Pokemon 3DS XL will be released on 7 December.

The Pikachu 3DS XL is just one of three new limited edition Nintendo 3DS XL bundles available before Christmas and Nintendo is urging fans to pre-order to make sure they don't miss out.

As previously reported, you can either buy a white 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land pre-installed on the system or a white console with Mario Kart 7. The release date for the white 3DS XL is 16 November.

The Pikachu 3DS XL is the latest in a long line of limited edition Pokemon consoles. Indeed, Japanese gamers have recently been given the opportunity to enter a lottery to win a Charizard 3DS XL.

Comments

1. Lewis Daisley Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 09:53

I really like how nintendo is releasing these XL variations.

2. deKay Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 10:04

Would love this if it wasn't an XL :(

3. sciqueen Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 10:06

I think it looks stupid :/ I'll be waiting for the gorgeous Mario XL instead.

4. deKay Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 10:08

I'd love a 3DS that looked like a old dual screen Game and Watch, like Donkey Kong II or something.

5. K-tet Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 10:48

Unless I win the lottery, I won't be able to afford one. It's released one week after the Wii U's launch. Sucks really.

6. vix_chan Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 11:12

I have tryed to get my sister in law to get her son one of these for Xmas, he wants a blue 3DS, but this is just more specal (and he likes pokemon)

I do love the Charizard 3DS they released in japan, was hopeing that maybe they would do the same for Europe and America.
    Maybe the same way as it is being distributed in japan. but america can get... say.... a Blastois one.
    And then we get a chance of geting a Venusaur one.

7. imbusydoctorwho Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 11:17

As I said before,I wouldn't mind getting this,but as I've already got a 3DS XL,that I'm already happy with,it isn't worth me getting it.

8. deKay Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 11:20

And then we get a chance of geting a Venusaur one.

Buy a Japanese Charizard one and swap the innards with a UK one. :)

9. Wiimote Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 12:03

I'll be waiting for the animal crossing 3DS XL if it gets released here if not than oh well.

10. NintenDan Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 12:15

Dangflabbit Nintendo! I want an XL but all my money shall be gone at the end of the month for the Wii U :( How am I supposed to afford all the awesome?!

11. Amidamaru Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 12:15

this is good, hopefully they will do the same with the Animal Crossing one.

12. nintendo rules Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 13:11

i am waiting for the black 3ds xl

13. Starman64O Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 20:03

OH YEAH! OH YEAH OH YEAH!

I now have a reason to start Trading in my Old Games! After the several 10s of Games I don't play anymore, I might be able to make some Dough...

Regarding that it is being released in Game Stores though...

14. maartenpitt Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 20:36

As a true Pokémon fan, I already have pre-ordered and SEEN it! I can finally play a 3DS now! Can't wait

15. me4ndubz Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 23:19

maybe if i hadn't already spent my monies on the wii u launch

16. me4ndubz Monday 12th Nov 2012 at 23:21

And then we get a chance of geting a Venusaur one.

Buy a Japanese Charizard one and swap the innards with a UK one. :)

easier said than done, swapping it takes hours of perseverance and if you accidentally reconnect something wrong, you could spend ages trying to figure out what you did wrong and end up wrecking your 3ds

17. Nickario Tuesday 13th Nov 2012 at 00:21

I was planning on getting an XL, then this was announced for a UK release so I thought 'yeah nice!' Then they announced the Charizard XL and I was ugh. Still that's in a Japanese lottery so the chances of me getting one is most remote indeed. Still looking forward to the Pikachu one, wonder if there's a certificate of authenticity or poster inside the box something nice like that.

18. deKay Tuesday 13th Nov 2012 at 09:42

Well, I've done several DSes, and although the 3DS is more complicated I'm sure it's not vastly harder. I've seen videos and it's just fiddly, that's all.

19. Commandervideo Tuesday 13th Nov 2012 at 10:19

Yeah the Pika XL looks awesome, although it would be shameful to play it in public.
    But the Charizard XL looks better again anyway.

20. Waldy565 Monday 26th Nov 2012 at 00:00

didn't need more info, just seeing "pikachu" and "3DSXL" made my heart melt and flutter at the same time. But then I read about the charizard one! Can't wait for a UK price tag on this thing! :D:D:D

21. KristenGarretson Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 13:29

i just got it and it is awesome!! I thought this is a good unboxing video, if your curious and havn't been able to see it yet.