Wii U arrives in America - pictures from the New York midnight launch

Isaiah Triforce Johnson is the first man in the world to buy a Wii U

Isaiah Triforce Johnson was the first person in the world to buy a Wii U last night as Nintendo's new console launched in America.

Today, fans all over the country will be playing games such as Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU on their new Wii U but the place to be at midnight was the Nintendo World Store where Nintendo US boss Reggie Fils-Aime led fans in a countdown to the big launch.

Isaiah Triforce Johnson was presented his new console by Reggie Fils-Aime and then held it aloft as if it were the Triforce itself!

Take a look at the rest of the photos from launch night below.

Comments

1. ThePokekid78 Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 14:01

What a guy!

Can't wait until we get some sales figures for the Wii U in the US so far, should be interesting...

2. LostNoob Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 14:39

I'm probably gonna be the last person to get a Wii U, I'm so broke.

3. Kirby8 Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 15:27

Looked like so much fun! Love the Nintendo World Store! Went there when I went to NY in 2008. I have the I Mario NY top too! I really want to go back there, now that we have the 3DS!
    I can't wait to get my Wii U! So excited. Not long to go!!

4. 3DSRulesO.K Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 16:03

I'll be getting one for Christmas, I'm a patient man, I can wait.

I think that sales will really start to pick up at the christmas shopping period, 30th November is a good time to launch.

5. shy guy 64 Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 16:26

here's hopeing i can get one day 1 here

6. master sword Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 16:28

i'm going to wait until Christmas, hopefully a few more games'll be announced by then which'll seal the deal for me

7. Mr Roboto Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 17:09

I can't wait to get home after work and unbox my Wii u on the 30th and spend the night shooting zombies :mrgreen:

8. me4ndubz Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 18:11

first in america to buy a 3ds and now the first man in the world to buy a wii u? that's taking dedication a bit too far don't you think?

9. RaidingRaichu Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 19:12

I'm just picturing huge Wii U cannons that fire consoles when that timer hits zero. It looks like Isiah just jumped and caught one! :P

10. NSMB23DS Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 19:54

Here's my Wii U expierience: When we went to Hamilton (...Ontario!), we decided to go to the Upper James Walmart. Oh boy. To sum it up, I didn't get a Wii U. But on the bright side, I'm 4th on a list of people getting the next shippment, which should be arriving this business week, so I'm still getting it before Europe, Australia and Japan. :D

11. harrogatewario Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 21:06

I think he is wearing a power glove!

12. 5OUNDWAVE Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 21:19

just think how great he feel's after queue'ing for a month , and yes that is the power glove , also nsmb23ds gutted why did'nt u pre-order 1 it will be torture waiting for that phone call

13. KKNinty347 Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 22:07

I'm getting it for christmas. Preparing for pre-Xmas envy.

14. LOZ_01 Sunday 18th Nov 2012 at 23:19

i cant wait till nov 30th, im going to my local game store for the midnight launch and have booked the day off work just so i have friday, saturday and sunday of uninterupted Wii U time. 3 days of gaming. im getting ZombiU and nintendoland on day 1. have i mentioned that im really excited!!!?? :D :D :D :D

15. KairiZero Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 12:29

You're going to work?! I booked the release day off, and two days beforehand so I can chill out, I absolutely HATE waiting for things to arrive, especially new consoles, I would just be sat at work hum-drumming it!!!

16. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 10:34

Great photos; especially the one where everyone has Mii faces.

Ha! It totally does!