Beyond Good and Evil and Wii U are a good fit - Michel Ancel

Would you like Beyond Good And Evil to be released on Nintendo's new console

Ubisoft's Michel Ancel has told Official Nintendo Magazine that Beyond Good and Evil and Wii U are a good fit.

In an interview that appears in the new-look issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, Ancel said that his GameCube classic would work well on Wii U but admitted that he's far too busy with Rayman Legends to talk about it right now

"You're right when you say that both the Wii U and Beyond Good And Evil fit very well, but for now I am only focused on Rayman Legends," said Ancel

Ancel believes that the Wii U is a great console for console games, adding: "That's [also] why I believe in an incredible Zelda game, the GamePad and classic control fit very well with such action-adventure games."

Beyond Good And Evil is an excellent GameCube adventure starring Jade - a photographer who lives in an lighthouse for orphans who lost their parents during attacks by aliens called DomZ. She is joined by her uncle Pey'j, a pig-like creature, in an adventure that sees you finding rare animals, fending off an alien invasion and taking photos. With top visuals and a great plot, this was a lost classic that we'd love to see back on Wii U.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 is in the works but Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot recently said that Rayman Legends is slowing the development process on the sequel. Would you like it to be released for Wii U?

Read the full interview with Michel Ancel in issue 90 of Official Nintendo Magazine.

Comments

1. master sword Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 16:42

no complaints from me, absolutely loved that game on the gamecube

2. GuitarHero Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 16:45

Hell yes. The sequel would be great, but I see no reason why they can't bring out the HD version of the game on the eShop.

3. Peg Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 16:48

It's high time, I'd say. :)
    Beyond Good & Evil is one of my favourite games on the GC.

4. Birdy1994 Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 17:05

No!!! Just Give us a sequel, No HD re-release, no port, no spin-off a PROPER SEQUEL

5. LavaTwilight Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 17:10

I absolutely loved BGAE and although I completed it there was just one creature that eluded me! Can't remember which one now... I hope this is a download for the Wii U E-Shop, if so it'll be an immediate purchase for me! And then I'll being getting the long-awaited BGAE2 too :mrgreen:

6. GuitarHero Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 17:13

Is it the Domz Sarcophagi? That's quite an easy one to miss, considering you go straight into fighting them whenever they appear.

7. JoeOdranDoran Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 19:26

Sounds good, but guys, we'd ALL need to go out and buy it/download, on release, because if they go to all the effort and we don't throw our money at them...well it ain't gonna encourage them to continue development on the sequel!

8. Mr Roboto Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 20:44

Ive played that game 3 times now and I would have no problem paying for it again to be able to enjoy it on Wii u.

9. LavaTwilight Monday 19th Nov 2012 at 21:32

Actually that's a possibility. I honestly don't remember since it's been ages since I've played it but I do remember chasing a sea-creature around for what seemed like miles and there being one I couldn't find. I don't remember taking a pic of anything I had to fight so it's definitely probable!

10. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 13:23

I would welcome this on Wii U.