Reggie - you don't know everything about the Wii U launch window

Nintendo US boss says more announcements to come

Nintendo released a list of Wii U launch window games back in June, but the company's US boss has said there are more surprises on the way before 31 March 2013.

Speaking with Kotaku, Fils-Aime said: "I think we will continue to surprise the fans with announcements and information. I would not go so far as to say you know everything in our launch window."

This isn't the first time that Reggie has promised surprises during the Wii U launch window. Back in September, he said that there would be more games "during the launch window that we haven't announced yet."

Since then, Need For Speed: Most Wanted has been confirmed for Wii U but what else could Nintendo have planned for the launch window. What games would you like them to announce?

Comments

1. madlink Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 10:46

Although I'm aware it's extremely unlikely, I would love to see a new Zelda game.

2. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 11:40

Barbie Unicorn Adventures.

3. lminett Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 12:01

Realistically id say it'll be either a metroid, donkey kong or star fox game that they announce before march.

4. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 12:14

Barbie or I'm selling my Wii U.

5. pokemaniac 212 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 12:15

I'm pretty sure retro's new game will be the main announcement, although I'm hoping for a new f-zero game, since its been far too long since the last.

6. King Slazo Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 12:16

It'll be some kind of download game Nintendo will release free for early adopters. It just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for it to be a retail game.

7. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 12:47

I'm pretty sure retro's new game will be the main announcement

They'd make a great Barbie game.

8. mushroomchow Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 13:38

Crazy Bus 2 pls

9. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 13:42

The only good Bus game is DESERT BUS.

We need a sequel to that. With Barbie in it.

10. King-X Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 14:07

IGN report that Final Fantasy, Metroid, Yoshi, MGS and RE are leaked for Wii U. I'm particularly interested in Final Fantasy, particularly if it's a mainstream game.

11. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 14:17

Only because they were all listed in that "hack" screenshot of a chat mockup.

12. 5OUNDWAVE Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 14:39

Barbie Unicorn Adventures.

in the style of resident evil 2 where u get 2 disc's one as barbie then on the other disc u play as ken

13. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 14:56

Ken? Pff. It's all about that hunk of a man, River.

14. K-tet Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 15:51

Let's see what Reggie (and indeed, Iwata and Shibata) has to bring.

Though this should be saved for an entirely different topic altogether, subtle touches like these definitely won't go amiss.

15. Mr Roboto Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:16

A decent Star Fox game would be great!

Nintendo better flood us with good games and make good use having a one year head start.

16. CraigEmberson Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:39

I'm not sure we'll see a Zelda yet, they've been working on it for 3 years (first year planning). It will most likely come in 2015 or 2016 but I have hope for 2014... As long as it isn't just "dark and realistic for hardcore players" - that style was awful for Twilight Princess (although I loved the metallic textures and lighting).

17. deKay Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:48

A decent Star Fox game would be great!

After so many attempts at them you'd think they'd have had at least one by now :)

18. Lew3107 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 21:46

I'd love if DmC made it, and apparently Splinter Cell: Blacklist is happening next year.
    MGR:R or MGS:GZ (or both) would be amazing too. I'm not getting my hopes up for a new 1st party announcement until E3 2013, but I'd love a new F-Zero soon.