New-look Official Nintendo Magazine out now

Get your Wii U launch edition today!

The Wii U launch issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine is on sale now, and it boasts an all-new look.

From the logo, to the page design, to an all-new Miiverse community section, this is a decidedly fresh new look and feel.

The biggest story this month obviously comes in the form of the Wii U launch. As well as having detailed reviews of all the biggest Wii U launch titles, you'll also find a definitive buyers' guide and FAQ section which answers all your questions about Nintendo's new console.

ONM 89 Cover
ONM 89 Cover
Also, if you're a lifelong Nintendo fan, you can take a trip down memory lane with our huge feature on the best launch moment from Nintendo's colourful history.

It's not all about Wii U. Animal Crossing New Leaf heads up our previews section with bucket-loads of new information on the series' imminent 3DS outing.

The most important new section in the mag is the Miiverse, the brand new community section where you decide the content, you have your say we all get together and chat about Nintendo awesomeness.

Last but not least, this new issue comes with two free Wii U drinks coasters, perfect for using in your lounge while you're playing on the Wii U.

Free Coasters!
Free Coasters!
The brand new Wii U launch edition of the Official Nintendo Magazine is on sale now. Don't want to miss an issue in the future? We have two great subscription offers. You can subscribe to the magazine for just £7.79 now or you can subscribe and get a free Wii U workshirt.

Do you have the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine? Tell your fellow Nintendo fans what you think of it in the comments below.

Comments

1. tohaker Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 16:30

The last refresh was for the launch of the 3DS I think? Bit too soon for this one I think - I'm only just getting used to the new (old) look :/ But it's good to see some thought is actually going into the magazines.

2. alexjones94 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 16:51

I've been a subscriber for 5 or so years now. I can honestly say that with the new team and this re-design, the magazine is - in my opinion - the finest it's ever been. Packed with well written, funny, informative content, I can't recommend this issue highly enough. The re-design itself is sleek and professional, and gives the writers more words to play with; their creativity flourishes under this new space and the community features look like they're going to shape up to be brilliant over the coming months. Another subscription is already on my list for Mr. Claus.

Why are you even reading my ramblings instead of heading to the shops for a copy of ONM? :lol:

3. ninja tanooki Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 16:53

I actually got this a week ago.

4. inuyashaDS Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 16:56

I must have those coasters!

5. shadowlugia101 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 16:57

i look forward to getting this, the cover doesn't seem as exciting as in past issues. but hopefully that will change

6. ledreppe Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 17:03

I was underwhelmed when I first saw the new look. It's basically been frigged around the edges and not changed enough. There's still too much news that's out of date by the time it goes to print (seen it on independednt websites weeks before). The Wii U features are next to useless, it even repeated the information about what's in the Wii U box from the last issue! Then there's the faq's about the Wii U, talking about how to connect a Wii U to a t.v, I mean seriously who needs this pointless info? The games guide at the back will just be repeated or rehashed every month, I don't read these guides, I don't need them and it's a waste of magazine page space. There's just too much that I already know that makes it's way into the magazine, and the rest is useless to me. A proper redesign is needed.

7. HyrulianToad Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 17:28

Some of the best reviews I have ever read , ZombiU and NSMBU especially . Love the new design , it gives a more professional feel, and I think lowering the scores is a good move.If I'm being honest I haven't quite enjoyed ONM as much as I normally do lately , but this mag completely blew my mind. Brilliant! :P

8. thecoolmana777 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 17:38

I must buy more tea so I can put those coasters to good use! :)

9. MatthewONM Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 17:42

What a laughable remark. We welcome constructive criticism, but criticising the mag for a feature you *imagine* might appear in the future is nothing short of ludicrous. When it comes to posting, a proper brain is needed.

10. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 18:38

I've had my issue a week now and I was never aware that subscribers got their copy so far in advance!

Not a huge fan of the new design if I'm honest (I feel as though the different sections aren't distinct enough) but I guess it's a case of getting used to it...

And the coasters are honestly your worst free gift yet...

But, though I hate to say anything positive, I do like your new style of reviews, as well as the slightly harsher scores you awarded - harsher is better!

11. Tams Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 18:39

I can't tell that much of a difference, but then again I'm not a regular reader. As long as the content remains good and it continues to look sleek, yet colourful, I don't mind.

If you read gaming news sites, then what else do you expect?! Magazines as a format clearly aren't for you. They cater to people who don't keep up with gaming news and who want something edited for them, so they have something concise to read (yes, you can search a website rather easily, but it is still a chore). They are also for people who like something very well thought out and organised, yet not generic (like many online articles look).

I agree with stuff like 'how to connect a WiiU to a T.V.' being a bit of a waste of space, but there are younger people who read this magazine for whom it may be useful.

Anyway, the new format has more community stuff.

At the end of the day, take it or leave it.

12. wilrc6 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 18:50

Over the last year or so the quality of the paper used for the pages has deteriorated and this new look issue is even worse. The pages all crinkle up and curl just by flicking through for the first time. The magazine then looks like it has gotten wet and dried out. I was comparing the new look magazine with Issue 1 and I actually prefer the fresh look of that. :-(

13. zappy27 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:04

I am a subscriber and i am still waiting. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

14. Mr Roboto Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:19

If the new look is more adult looking I will be happy.

15. NintendoForLife Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:24

No, I think they only changed the colour of the band at the top then. This is the first redesign since 2007. There are always minor changes but this is the only BIG one since then. :D

16. Buffoonary Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 20:36

I've had my issue for a few days now, and I'm really liking the new design. It feels like there's so much more content packed in, as well as it being presented much clearer way. The more critical reviews, as with what seems slightly trivial but honestly helpful award system, are quite refreshing to see.

Good work, guys!

17. shy guy 64 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 21:22

chandra's pose on the subscription page wierds me out

no offence

18. mattym727 Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 22:11

Everything you've said there is very arrogant,and you haven't considered the general audience who may need all this,and arent as much as a die hard gamer as you are.As someone previously mentioned,the magazine format is NOT for you.

19. Hylian_hi_ho Tuesday 20th Nov 2012 at 22:40

Pleased to see a new design on the spine too. If I'm right it's a Wii U.

20. Lego master Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 07:16

And the coasters are honestly your worst free gift yet...

What do you mean the worst gift yet? I#ts finally something that's not a poster or a diorama which I'm rubbish at putting up!

21. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 08:04

I must say, those responsible for the redesign have done an excellent job on this one. It's new and snazzy whilst also remaining familiar. Well done to everyone involved.
    I like how the Connect section has been rebranded "MiiVerse", and I'm very proud to have my words printed in it's inaugural issue.

If the new look is more adult looking I will be happy.

I would say it was certainly more mature looking in it's presentation, whilst still using a healthy dose of primary colours (blue and yellow to tie-in with the Wii U game packaging banner), at it features several uses of Serif fonts. If that isn't adult enough, I don't know what is.

22. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 11:26

I'll be picking up a copy sometime this week.

23. nintenu Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 13:21

Think Ive only bought about 2 issues since future took over, issue 1 put me off which I still have, and it's in very good condition ...so if anyone is ...running short on toilet paper, hit me up!

...those coasters, they do look nice!!

I'm sold ...FREE coasters!!!
    :D

24. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 16:32

And the coasters are honestly your worst free gift yet...

Don't worry, they're only slightly worse than the dioramas - they all instantly went in the bin, but some of the posters are pretty cool!

25. barriboy Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 17:37

Think this is the best design since Future took it over for me. Think it's gone a bit the way NGamer went at the end and that was the best design for me. Liked the coasters as I'm not impressed with all those posters and decals.

26. spacemen13 Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 17:58

Can't wait to buy!!

27. Reven the Brewer Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 18:02

I just can't wait to see what the 100th issue will look like its less than a year away :)

28. cattymario Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 18:29

I like the new look the reviews look sharp and clean. I got this mag last Thursday. Which was very early.

29. fisher2007 Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 23:02

got the magazine today I like the new look.

30. Luigi Mini Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 07:19

:? :? :? Who won the competition to get the premium wii U pack? :shock:

31. reeesy Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:03

I really like the (much needed) new direction the magazine is taking. The design is more refined and I'm a fan of the new review structure. It feels much more confident and mature. Great work.

32. kaepora Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 19:49

Been a subscriber since 1995 but recently canceled as I don't really read the paper mag anymore. However if an electronic version was available (Zinio or Kindle) I'd subscribe again. Other Future mags are available inc. Official Playstation - so get on it!

33. TwoDaysAgo Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 20:27

I don't care about the Wii U, I'm buying it for the Animal Crossing! :'D

34. Yoshiller Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 16:42

There's a mistake on page 19 about zavvi's wii u basic pack price. It's 244.95 not 299.99 like the premium pack.