Video - Scribblenauts Unlimited's Nintendo Characters and Items

What we've found in the game so far (possible spoilers)

You probably heard about the inclusion of Nintendo characters in Scribblenauts Unlimited, so when we got our hands on the game, we couldn't resist having a poke about. Then we couldn't resist showing you what we found.

Link vs. Dark Link, Tingle getting mauled by Ganon (come on, you know you've dreamed about it), Zelda failing to pick up a bazooka and Bowser cremating the whole lot of them. That's the kind of thing you can conjure up in Scribblenauts Unlimited, and it's all in the video above.

We've even separated out the "epic" battle between Link and Ganondorf we managed to orchestrate, and that's below:

We're not sure there's anything beyond Mario and Zelda references, but it seems like there's plenty to go hunting for, even from just those two games. What are you hoping to find?

Comments

1. PeterR Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 18:43

that was such an undramatic storm. does it know the adjective for dramatic? anyway it will be fun finding out what they've put in from mario and zelda. i think first ill try the four sword, biggoron, and the imprisoned or whatever that big chap in skyward sword was called. also fawful, you never know your luck.

2. HyrulianToad Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 19:50

The sound of dark links death will haunt me forever. :shock:

3. Starman64O Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 21:06

Fan service of the best of kinds. I expected to be making all these characters in the Item Creator. BUT THANK YOU!

I can't wait for the awesomeness that this game will have! I wonder if you can summon Toadsworth, Bowser Jr and the Koopa Kids, Fi, Ghirahim, Midna, or what about the Moon that slowly moves towards the ground and causes an instant death Atom Bomb explosion?

And judging by the amount of Memes in the DS games, I can just imagine a certain FUS RO DAH being in the game...
    And Slenderman... And Trololol... And all the rest

BTW, the first thing I'm making on the Item Creator is a turtle with a mine instead of a shell for obvious reasons!

4. Nintendalek42 Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 21:21

Hilarious. LOL on the "epic" battle. I'm really annoyed they haven't announced a release date. I was expecting it for X-mas with my Wii U, but I'm not so sure that will happen now. This was my most awaited title, so it's kinda annoying.

5. CraigEmberson Wednesday 21st Nov 2012 at 23:59

The release date is November 30th, it's a launch title... What are you talking about?

6. SnorlaxMonster Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 04:38

I always wanted this to happen. I wasn't that excited about a new Scribblenauts game since Super Scribblenauts could do pretty much everything Unlimited could, but this makes me want to buy it.

7. deKay Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 09:28

But when it is out? It's not listed as 30th November any more :(

8. JoeONM Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 09:29

"Fraid not, Craig. It's a launch title in the U.S. but not in Europe - we're expecting it to make it over here by around February.

9. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:51

That was simply brilliant. I can't wait to get the game and see what happens when you give Ganondorf the Triforce. Or what happens if you part Zelda in the same room as Shiek?! =O

10. Nintendalek42 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:21

Spoilers: Zelda will disappear if you add Sheik, and Vice-Versa. You can see it on a few internet videos.

11. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:31

Really? Wow, they've thought of everything!

12. MarioBlox Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 18:19

:shock: Love the attention to detail, especially the link and dark link SFX! This game can't come soon enough!

13. Tony Parfit Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 14:48

I recently bought the game for PC on Steam but when i tried to type in Link or Master Sword it didn't give me the right thing. Someone please help

14. MartinIsAwesome Monday 24th Dec 2012 at 15:44

That's because those items are exclusive to the Nintendo version. You won't get any of the Nintendo references either in the PC version.

15. CyberGW Monday 4th Feb 2013 at 17:08

I can hardly put into words how excited I am for those. I didn't realise I love Scribblenauts so much!
    And even better news, I pre-ordered this at Blockbuster for 40 or less. 5 cheaper than Amazon or GAME. Yahoo!
    And my Blockbuster hasn't closed down, which is nice. Normally my town's shops are the first to close down.
    Bring on Friday! I bet 55% of my playtime on this will just be messing around!