Complete list of Wii U launch games finally confirmed for UK

24 games available at launch

Nintendo have finally confirmed the complete list of Wii U launch games that will be available in the UK when Nintendo's new console is released on 30 November.

Nintendo revealed seven Wii U launch games in September and since then, various publishers have confirmed that their games will be available on 30 November, but this is the first time that a complete list of Wii U launch games has been announced for the UK.

Here's the complete list of Wii U launch games for the UK and Europe. Take a look and let us know what's on your shopping list.

Funky Barn

Rabbids Land

Sports Connection

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition

Game Party Champions

Our big Wii U games list will tell you about the games you should be looking forward to. You can read reviews of ZombiU, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U and FIFA 13 in the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:30

the 2 im planning to get with console and the 2 im planning 2 get for christmas are there, good to know

2. toffeeman30 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:37

24 games to choose from. i remember when i bought the snes and there was only super tennis and f zero available at launch. how times have changed

3. Huang Lee Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:39

99% probably not going to happen but would really love to see a HD remake of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on the Wii U. Would be awesome!!!

4. triforce-manc Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:42

But you did get the greatest game ever made packed in with the console, Super Mario World :)

5. warerare Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 13:58

Do we know when Lego City Undercover is going to hit yet?

6. Drsayus123 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 14:26

Looks like poor ONM has alot of games to cover.

7. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 15:09

look's like i'll have to pre-order darksiders 2 then

8. Ynni Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 15:54

It's a shame that Scribblenauts won't be out here for launch. I don't know why we're not getting it when Australia is.

9. Yirba Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 15:55

The sad thing is that absolutely none of these games interest me, and therefore I won't be buying a Wii U just yet. The system has so much potential, but I'm not about to waste my money on a system with no games. :-(

10. thecoolmana777 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 16:14

Amazing , there seems to be a genre for everyone:) now I only have to decide whether to get the disc or download them

11. 3DSRulesO.K Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 16:21

None of these appeal to you, what sort of games do you like, are you looking forward to future Wii U games like FFX?

12. ThePokekid78 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 16:27

Erm....none of them ;D

Ask me again in April.

13. Yirba Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 16:53

Games with thrilling stories that draw you in with relatable characters, mystery, and a whole load of plot twists. Story-driven games, basically. Sadly, there aren't a whole lot available for consoles, especially in Europe. Hence why I've mostly been sticking with PC games recently.

14. readthemotto Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:19

how come we dont get ninja gaiden 3 on launch day like JAPAN and USA do

15. Alex Cook Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:40

I want NSMBU + Assaisins creed + Zombiu + Nintendo Land + CODBO2 soo badly at the mo Im getting normal premium pack with NSMBU but Im planning to download 1 of the other 3

16. Yirba Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:52

how come we dont get ninja gaiden 3 on launch day like JAPAN and USA do

Game publishers do try to get games out as soon as they reasonably can, but unfortunately all sorts of delays can occur which can result in a game being released later in one region than other.

I suspect that having to localise the game into multiple languages for Europe could be the issue in this case.

17. K-tet Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 18:34

It's a very strong line-up. Plenty of variety for gamers of all types.

For those asking about Razor's Edge, we're getting that in the launch window. Expect it mid-January.

18. Zoot101 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 19:15

I'm with you on that one (although I will still be getting the console on launch day). None of these games really interest me, I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because I was holding out for Rayman Legends and nothing there is really like it.

19. TwilightLink77 Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 22:16

It probably isn't, but I think that it SHOULD be possible as the Nintendo Wii U is kinda like the Nintendo DS, as in it has a touchscreen (Gamepad) and a top screen (TV).
    Does anyone agree with me?

20. STUMPWEASEL Thursday 22nd Nov 2012 at 23:16

Nothing there to float my boat... I've cancelled my Wii U pre-order, mostly cos I'm skint at the moment, but also because there's nothing in the line up that makes me go WOW I must have the console on launch day. I might have got it for ScribbIenauts Unlimited but now the EU launch has been pushed back... well I wish there was something else I wanted but there just isn't. :(

In the meantime I'll get saving, hopefully I'll be able to buy the premium bundle in the Spring and there will be some great new content too. :?

21. Acidyl Friday 23rd Nov 2012 at 00:20

I will have nintendoland (premium) and Zombi U (preordered), I was kinda gonna wait with mario to see reviews after the dissappointment NSMB 2 was, but with the great reviews, guess I'll have to get that one as well.

Not really sure about the rest, already have batman and mass effect 3 on PC, didn't really like the first darksiders, hate the main story element of the assassin's creed series, death to the hedgehog 4 life and ..... meh, maybe tekken :)

22. TwilightLink77 Friday 23rd Nov 2012 at 09:36

Very nice, I should hopefully be getting a Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle along with Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and finally, Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

Just on the topic of the Nintendo Wii U...

I was talking to my friend who is a store manager in a video game store last night, he told me that he is going to go to the original store that I had my Nintendo Wii U preordered at and personally bring it up to the store where he is the store manager.

I had to make this move because I got pretty much pushed out of the original store because I was just asking a member of staff a question regarding the Nintendo Wii U and the manager thought that I was just talking to them for general chat which I wasn't, they were also quite busy that day.
    But regardless, there was no need for that other manager to be rude like he was.

23. imbusydoctorwho Friday 23rd Nov 2012 at 11:51

There''s a good 6 or 7 titles that interest me.
    I'll probably ask for a couple of Wii U game for Christmas,and then get the rest in the sales.

24. toffeeman30 Friday 23rd Nov 2012 at 13:22

fair point. these launch games arent exactly defo buy a wii u for

25. theflannel1 Saturday 24th Nov 2012 at 10:28

Im getting the zombiu pack with assassins creed and Batman Arkham City for Christmas! So excited! :D

26. King Slazo Saturday 24th Nov 2012 at 10:45

No killer must-buy game for the second Nintendo system launch in a row. They're making a bad habit of this.

Lackluster cash-ins and games I can already buy on my 360 hold no interest to me, which leaves no launch game I want to buy, so I'll be giving the Wii-U a miss for now. Hopefully the good, original titles start coming out next year.

27. masamune Saturday 24th Nov 2012 at 10:57

i would buy 0 games on that list, then again i jardly play vidya anymore so ho hum

28. choclatescamper Saturday 24th Nov 2012 at 11:42

Oh not many games for launch... just the ZombiU bundle along with Nintendo Land, Assassins Creed 3, Darksiders 2, New super mario bros u, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3... roll on the 30th :D

29. Zen Saturday 24th Nov 2012 at 18:50

The launch games line-up is... underwhelming. There are some decent games, but not enough to persuade me into buying a new console.

I think I will wait until next year to get the Wii U.

30. Rnald Sunday 25th Nov 2012 at 01:17

Not a very inspiring launch lineup especially for a console that needs to set the pace quick before MS and Sony get their successors out.

Still an improvement on the 3DS launch though, which despite being an interesting console meant I sold it within a month.

31. smash-brother Sunday 25th Nov 2012 at 18:09