Nintendo remake Super Mario Bros levels for a New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC pack

Update! Gold Classics Pack out now in UK

Is this the best Nintendo DLC ever? Nintendo have remade levels from original Super Mario Bros games for a special New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC pack called Gold Classics Pack. What's more, it's free to download now!

Satoru Iwata announced Gold Classics Pack during a special Nintendo Direct mini broadcast in Japan. This afternoon, Nintendo also confirmed that the Golden Classic Course is available now from the 3DS eShop.

Apparently, the Gold Classics Pack is being released in Japan to celebrate the fact that 300 billion coins have now been collected in the game.

The pack includes remade versions of 1-1, 1-2 and 1-4 from Super Mario Bros plus 1-1 and 1-5 from Super Mario Bros 3. Each level features hidden routes and if you find them, you'll arrive in other classic areas.

The Gold Classics Pack is free to download between 27 November and 31 January 2013. It will be available to purchase from 1 February 2013.

Check out the Gold Classics Pack in the video below.

Have you downloaded the Gold Classics Pack? What do you think of it so far?

Comments

1. Legend of Link Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 09:46

Very cool that it is free, although I wonder if we will see this pack for free also?

2. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 09:56

It'd be really nice if that offer translates over here. The fact that there are secret routes allowing you to discover different stages, plus it's fan-pleasing retro factor, makes this a really appealing add-on.

3. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 10:28

Coin Rush,the answer to the worlds debt crises.

I must admit cool DLC pack,I wouldn't mind it here,especially if it's free.

4. shy guy 64 Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 10:28

cool

5. lminett Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 11:11

Soooo, remake mario all stars nintendo?

6. Dave-O Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 11:31

The coin rush pack is available here. I just downloaded it and thought I should let others know, and its still free.

7. ledreppe Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 12:58

Thanks for letting us know, I'll play it tonight then.

8. goldbricks Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 13:07

Yeah, I'm from N.Ireland and I just downloaded it 30minutes ago. Its a great pack, though I was nowhere near the coin target in my first go!

9. nintenu Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 14:47

Yeah Thanks!! :P

10. CraigEmberson Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 15:09

Despite being easy, I love the new pack. I got over 4500 coins from it.

11. torterratrainer Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 17:03

i've got my million already (yes that sad) but i'll take a free pack!

12. PokerusZero Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 17:51

I just played it and it is brilliant and I didn't have to pay a thing :D

13. Jazzer94 Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 18:59

Great pack, easily the best out of all released so far. I managed to get just over 15000 coins on my first attempt. :D :lol: :mrgreen:

14. GloverMist Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 19:45

I am REALLY looking forward to playing this, it looks awesome, but for one promblem. At the moment, it says the shop is 'under maintenance'. :cry: Anyone else got this?

15. nintenu Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 20:41

Yep, it's under maintenance.

16. Tailzy Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 20:44

I wish they'd just give us a level creator

17. fisher2007 Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 22:54

I wish they'd just give us a level creator

I want a level creator too.

18. sciqueen Tuesday 27th Nov 2012 at 23:11

I'm having fun with it! If only they had included the Frog Suit for the SMB3 levels T_T

19. GloverMist Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 07:37

Yep, it's under maintenance.

Ha! It is no longer under maintenance, and is too awesome for words. (Maybe slight exaggeration...) :D

20. kevws77 Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 09:17

Got my Daughter a 3DS XL for Christmas with NSMB 2 and 3D Land. I checked it's all ok and will be swtiching it back on later tonight to download this before the Nintendo servers go ballistic over the next few days :)

21. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 13:33

I downloaded it this morning,and I must admit while it's quite easy,it was certainly a lot of fun.
    Thank you Nintendo.

22. Donkey Kong Jr. Wednesday 28th Nov 2012 at 18:31

Great fun, brill for free. cheers nintendo