Wii U eShop launch games and prices confirmed for the UK

Find out what you can download when you get a Wii U

The list of games that will be available to download from the Wii U eShop has been confirmed for the UK. There are five games that can only be downloaded from the eShop, including Trine 2, Little Inferno and Nano Assault Neo.

Of course, it's not just indie games that can be downloaded from the eShop. You'll also be able to download games such as New Super Mario Bros U and Nintendo Land as well as a FIFA 13 demo.

Here is the list of games that are available from the Wii U eShop and how much they'll cost. As you can see, unlike in the US, Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition isn't a Wii U eShop launch game but we're getting puzzling platformer Puddle instead.

Chasing Aurora - £10.79

Nano Assault Neo - £8.99

Little Inferno - £12.99

Trine 2: Director's Cut - £10.99 (Launch offer)

Puddle - £7.19 (Launch offer)

Are you going to download any of these games?

Comments

1. deKay Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 13:54

Yeah, I'll be getting them all, bar Puddle.

2. nintenu Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 13:54

Nope, not interested in "indie" games.

3. deKay Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 13:56

Nope, not interested in "indie" games.

What a ridiculously short sighted and ignorant comment to make.

4. joseph123 Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 13:57

Quite happy with those prices actually. Might go for Chasing Aurora and Trine 2.

5. wesearp Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 13:57

I played Trine 2 at Eurogamer and was very impressed. At that price I'll definitely download that one! At the price of the Nintendo games, that you can buy for around 10 cheaper in the shops or through an online retailer, I wont be buying any of those though.

6. ShinKagato Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 14:00

Thats a pity, Mighty Switch Force was the one game out of all the launch titles i was looking forward to getting from the estore, anyone know the new eta for that one?

7. Slinkington Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 14:01

I knew Mighty Switch Force HD wouldn't make the list. WayForward games never come out here the same time as America... That's the only eShop game I'm after, along with the Deluxe version of Mutant Mudds.

We had better get it by Christmas!

8. deKay Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 14:03

I don't think that was ever a launch title in the UK, was it?

9. Dave-O Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 14:30

Does anyone know how much retail games will cost on the eshop, the american prices translate to about 38 but I doubt it will be that low after seeing the 3ds prices.

10. deKay Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 15:29

The same price as the quoted full price in normal shops, so 40-50.

11. MikalM Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 15:54

I'd also like to know the exact prices for games like NSMBU and Zombiu on the eshop. Some places have priced it at 42.99, some at 44.99, and I've seen some expensive places pricing it at 49.99. Exact price would be appreciated so I know whether to buy Zombiu in store, or buy it through the eshop (and as a result collect some premium points to redeem later, since 8 points per pound is pretty good and will net around 320 points).

Anyone with the information?

12. C00LI098 Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 16:00

I'll be holding out for Toki Tori 2.

13. nintenu Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 16:13

Nope, not interested in "indie" games.

What a ridiculously short sighted and ignorant comment to make.

Sorry, I just prefer play quality games...
    Not to say these so-called "indie" games companies lack quality in their games, some don't ...but, the majority do!
    ...and to take a risk at buying a game from them, well ...it's just not for me!

14. deKay Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 16:14

Sorry, I just prefer play quality games...
    ...and to take a risk at buying a game from them, well ...it's just not for me!

You've never actually played any indie games, have you? If you had, you'd know what an utterly ridiculous statement you've just made.

15. CaptainSnivy Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 16:36

Unless they put GameCube games on there, I really couldn't care less to be honest. :/

16. Dave-O Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 16:50

I'd love a HD version of Mario Sunshine or Twilight Princess but I bet the Gamecube game that'll look the best in HD would be Wind Waker by far.

17. Herbert_Rarr Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 17:06

Nothing there for me. I played Trine 2 at Eurogamer and it was awful; Chasing Aurora looked pretty boring and repetitive from ONM's video and the rest don't really interest me.

18. ledreppe Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 18:01

I was going to wait to finish NSMBU and play some Nintendo Land before I got Trine 2, but it's on launch offer at reduced price. Darn Nintendo, now I'll have to get it before the offer ends. Wait, the poster above me has played it and says it's awful hmm, now I just don't know anymore.

19. BattleGooseUK Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 18:56

Was hoping they'd be cheaper so for now just Nano Assault as it is relevant to my interests.

20. Herbert_Rarr Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 19:05

Don't let my opinion put you off: it's totally down to the sort of games you enjoy. I'm more about the classic platformers and jumping on enemies to kill them, but this is more centered around attacking strategically and using different characters' abilities.
    If you prefer casual platformers similar to Mario or Sonic, then I'm not sure if this would appeal to you as much as if you like action platformers.
    Here's a (sort of) review I did for the game from the impressions I got at Eurogamer: http://lootpalace.com/forum/game-discus ... ge-2#p3129
    You'll probably want to skip to the fourth paragraph.
    Again, it's my opinion, so if I were you, I would look for some way/somewhere to try-before-you-buy.

21. JamieRIOT Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 19:50

You should definitely give Trine 2 a go if you haven't played it on a different platform before.

22. Kesskuron Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 20:58

Sorry, I just prefer play quality games...
    ...and to take a risk at buying a game from them, well ...it's just not for me!

Stupidest comment of the year 2012

23. jaco_p Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 21:27

Nope, not interested in "indie" games.

What a ridiculously short sighted and ignorant comment to make.

Hear hear. You might as well say that you don't like games

24. enaksan Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 21:52

Little Inferno all the way. I was sold as soon as I heard it was from the creators of World of Goo, one of my favourite games on the Wii so definitely looking forward to this one. Might check out Trine 2 as well if I get the time.

25. Devilmancheese Thursday 29th Nov 2012 at 22:22

hey guys,
    just to let you know that zombiu is 54.99 on the eshop. i am on my wiiu now and thats the price it is saying, also the offer for trine2 and puddle is on till the end of december

26. MikalM Friday 30th Nov 2012 at 01:39

hey guys,

Jaysus. No thanks to the direct eshop download then. If it's 45 in Tesco and 42 on amazon; really don't know why I'd pay 10-13 more for it... It really irks me that digital copies usually cost more than physical copies despite saving production costs on a game's box/in-lays and workers required to create it all (no need to employ a warehouse team with digital versions) etc.

Nevertheless, thank you dude for letting me know in advance of picking mine up tomorrow morning! Much appreciated. :)

27. deKay Friday 30th Nov 2012 at 08:18

hey guys,
    just to let you know that zombiu is 54.99 on the eshop

Told you so! :)

28. imbusydoctorwho Friday 30th Nov 2012 at 11:14

Pretty decent prices,I might go for Trine 2,as it looks pretty good.

29. Xenobladeperson Friday 30th Nov 2012 at 20:01

Puddle's just a Hydroventure clone. It got a load of reviews on Steam saying how original it was, despite the distinct lack of originality.

I've downloaded Trine and will download Little Inferno sometime.

30. C00LI098 Saturday 1st Dec 2012 at 00:07

On second thoughts, I think I might purchase Trine 2 in the near future. It seems pretty enjoyable.

This is my first post with the Wii U's browser. It's very usable.

31. KairiZero Saturday 1st Dec 2012 at 13:18

I got trine today, and i thought it is pretty awesome!