How small is the Wii Mini?

Pictures show how it compares to the Wii

You already know that the Wii Mini is a smaller, budget version of the Wii. But just how small is it? Well, Canadian website GameFocus has placed one alongside the original Wii to see just how small it is.

Well, as you can see, it is smaller in length but the surprising thing about this is that it shows just how small the original Wii is too. Now that we all have Wii U in our homes, it seems we've forgotten!

You can really see how small the Wii Mini is in the picture above in which it appears to be not much longer than a Wii Remote.

Finally, the Wii Mini is a top-loading console and here is a picture of the lid being flipped up.

Wii Mini is a Canadian exclusive. Nintendo have no plans to release it in the UK.

Comments

1. JamieRIOT Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 10:19

A good, cheap alternative for parents/kids that don't already own a Wii and who don't care for online play or backwards compatibility.

2. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 10:36

Looks like a lunch box.

3. GullibleGoat44 Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 10:41

all looks a bit cheap

4. Targey Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 13:24

I get the feeling I should open it up and find a cheeseburger inside. It looks rather cheap, due to the fact it doesn't go for a shiny finish nor a matte finish like most game consoles these days. As a result, the Wii Mini looks more like a toy version of a console rather than an actual console. Could have worked a lot better in the 90s, but now it just stands out like a sore thumb.

5. SDB Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 14:54

I like it, i may get myself one of these as i got rid of my old Wii and never got the chance to play last story or Pandora's tower, amongst a few others. fairly cheap too, which is nice, i love that its a top loader, more consoles should be, its a tried and true way to load your games :) these disc slots that suck your game in tend to break and its just a pain to get them repaired.

6. Herbert_Rarr Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 15:37

Liking the retro top-loading 8) Reminds me of the Gamecube...happy memories.
    I don't see the point in it only coming to Canada though, I'm sure lots of people would buy it all over the world.

7. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 19:03

Couldn't agree more. The flip-up lid looks a bit ridiculous...also means that you can't stand it up like many people do, and you're forced to lay it flat! And actually, it's a lot bigger than I expected; there's hardly any size difference between this lunchbox and the Wii at all!

Eh? Families who don't own a Wii? Who are they, then?

8. wghtmf Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 19:59

I love this design. I am saying the complete opposite of many people here - the top-loading thingy is a lot more durable and awesome than front-loading and I think the colour scheme and non-matte-finish are brilliant. I'm not getting one though, as I already have a Wii and I don't collect consoles.
    (Also, the original Wii doesn't look small to me at all because I have a speaker system attached to it that makes it 5 times bigger!)

9. snoscumber Friday 14th Dec 2012 at 17:52

i love it c,mon nintendo release it in the uk loads of us brits will buy it i promise :D