Nintendo Direct to showcase best Wii U games for 2013 on Wednesday at 5pm

Watch it right here

Nintendo will show off the best Wii U and 3DS games of 2013 in a special Nintendo Direct broadcast on Wednesday 5 December at 5pm UK time.

The new Nintendo Direct is a Nintendo of Europe presentation so every game that will be on show will be released over here.

According to Nintendo, the show will focus on games coming to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in the remainder of 2012 and the first months of 2013.

So you'd expect to see some of the big Wii U games that are on the way during the first quarter of 2013. We're hoping for a Pikmin 3 release date and some more info on Game And Wario. Don't forget about 3DS. Luigi's Mansion 2 is also scheduled for release in 2013.

As for the rest of 2012, aside from Paper Mario: Sticker Star there aren't many big games coming before the end of the year so maybe we'll have some news on what's coming on the Wii U and 3DS eShop. Remember that Toki Tori 2 is out on 20 December while Denpa Men is released this week.

Come back tomorrow at 5pm to watch Nintendo Direct right here. In the meanwtime, tell us what you're hoping for from Nintendo Direct.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 10:29

awesome looking forward to it

2. RainbowGazelle Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 12:06

Kirby's freaking dream collection! Or when that naturally doesn't happen, give us an Animal Crossing release date! :D

3. lminett Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 12:16

Cloudberry kingdom will hopefully get a date.

4. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 12:24

Sounds good. Don't know whether to watch it live here, or wait until it appears on the Nintendo Channel so I can watch it on my TV.
    Who am I kidding, I'll just end up doing both! =D

5. toffeeman30 Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 13:20

awesome nintendo europe direct presentation about wii U in 2013. nintendo have saved xmas

6. K-tet Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 13:48

Nintendo Direct to showcase games for Wii U and 3DS. For Wii U they should be looking at games just beyond the launch window as well as recap on games that are coming out during the window. Also news on restructuring Wii Mode AND Wii U Virtual Console would be nice, and any further performance updates be ready and available, ending with full Nintendo TVii support in the UK (and hopefully with a partnership with Sky, plus other broadcasters for catch-up support etc).

For the 3DS, I want to see upcoming games, any further Virtual Console offerings, and if any further media apps (such as Netflix) become available.

However, I really want them to announce how 3DS/Wii U crossplay will work, AND most importantly, I want Nintendo to announce a universal eShop that makes life easier for everyone with the complete integration of Wii Shop Channel into the Wii U eShop, and I want full integration of one's email address link all of their Nintendo hardware to their Nintendo Network ID. Said eShop also needs to be accessible on PC, Tablet, Phone and any other internet-enabled device (which they're working on), and allow you to purchase software for any of your Nintendo hardware, allow for it to be downloaded to said hardware, and if said software is available on other Nintendo hardware, to allow you to download it to your other hardware at next to no additional charge. This section may be seen as a pipe dream, but if Nintendo deliver on this section in its entirety, Nintendo Network would finally be on par with what people want from a digital medium.

7. CDS Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 15:41

LEGO City Undercover 3DS information. Next to nothing of it.
    And I won't get my hopes up high, but most people on ACC and the forum thread here will be hoping for Animal Crossing 3DS info, and possibly release.

8. CyberGW Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 15:43

Hopefully we'll get a new release date for Rayman Legends in January/February time!

9. master sword Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 16:35

Hopefully something will be announced that will make me get a wiiU, i'm interested in it as it is, but a good announcement will cinch the deal for me

10. Argenthor Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 16:58

Who am I kidding, I'll just end up doing both! =D

With the Wii U you can watch it on your TV!

I'm hoping that they announce some new games here. These things are awesome and I love each one, but they have a habit of showing trailers/clips of things we have already seen loads of. (I'm guessing Lugi's mansion will be there though!)

11. TheNUKEnukeM Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 17:58

I am starting to find these a bit frustrating. They just seem so random and they always confirm little things- Never anything that big. I mean you look at the 3DS launch line up there's nothing on it pass sticker star. I blame these random Nintendo Directs. I want Majoras Mask 3D.

12. RainbowGazelle Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 18:14

Oh, also confirm a UK release for Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. That would be awesome!

13. thenintendoer Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 18:33

a nintendo direct im actually able to watch :)

14. 5OUNDWAVE Tuesday 4th Dec 2012 at 23:08

release date's for alien's and injustice god's among us , nintendo to announce that south park the stick of truth is coming 2 wii u and lastly a new killer instinct ?

15. K-tet Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 10:15

I wonder how many people are going to be watching the presentation on their Wii U's today? It's a challenge I'm most likely going to accept myself. Any other takers? =3