Pikmin 3 UK release date set for Q2 2013, new trailer

Miyamoto's new game to be released between April and June

The Pikmin 3 UK release date won't fall until the second quarter of 2013. Nintendo Europe President Satoru Shibata confirmed the news after showcasing Miyamoto's new Wii U game during Nintendo Direct.

Shibata said that the Pikmin look even more detailed and that the landscape is much richer than before. He also pointed out the yellow Pikmin that appeared in the video. Nintendo will be revealing more about this new area of the game soon. In the meantime, here's the new trailer

Are you looking forward to Pikmin 3?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 17:47

looking good

2. Herbert_Rarr Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 17:58

I'll be getting this for sure

3. Buffalo_K Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 18:41

Grrrr this was confirmed as a launch game a few months ago. Then it got pushed to Q1. Now it's at Q2. :evil:

4. 5OUNDWAVE Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 19:18

have never played a pikmin game in my life so all of this will be new 2 me , don't know what 2 make of it till i play it , hope it's worth it

5. Mr Roboto Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 20:20

Q2 is rubbish Nintendo

The only way to get console sales is to have good exclusive games, otherwise people might as well keep their 360 or PS3!

6. Brawlftw Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 22:27

Q2 is rubbish Nintendo

Exactly, and so far the only really good exclusives they have are ZombieU and New Super Mario Bros U, neither of which are brilliant. Pikmin 3 should have been a launch title.

7. Issun2765 Thursday 6th Dec 2012 at 00:36

Nice and seasonal release. Fingers crossed for april cause it'd suit my (perhaps) birthday wii u in april time.

8. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 6th Dec 2012 at 13:35

Honestly I think this is the best looking Wii U game I've seen,so beautiful.

9. MartinIsAwesome Friday 7th Dec 2012 at 09:46

I've never played the previous games, but I found it surprisingly good after sampling it on the Wii U Showcase tour. Graphically, it was also the best looking game I saw running on the day, in particular those angular Rock Pikmin which looked incredibly sharp.
    Only problems I had was that in the demo that I played there was limited manual camera control, and I personally didn't like the boss set-up. The boss would climb up the walls and completely out of sight and you never knew where he was until he rammed into you from behind. Recollecting Pikmin was also quite tricky in that boss fight, but I put that down to my inexperience.