What's your favourite Nintendo Land game?

Marti Bennett picks her top five

When Nintendo Land was first announced I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to it. To me it looked like it was going to be another Wii Sports or Wii Play, just a basic demo designed to show off what the console can do.

But then I managed to play Nintendo Land at a Nintendo Unleashed event a couple of months ago and was very impressed. In fact, out of all the Wii U games I had tried that day, it was Nintendo Land that persuaded me to make the console a day one purchase.

Now I have my very own Wii U I've been enjoying what Nintendo Land has to offer. Out of the 12 mini-games to choose from, here are my top five. I'd like to know yours so have a read and then vote in the poll on the last page.

5. Donkey Kong's Crash Course

In this game you have to use the GamePad to guide a cart through a course that looks like the original Donkey Kong game. To get to the end the player must press buttons and blow in the microphone to move platforms.

On the surface it's probably not the most appealing game Nintendo Land has to offer, but as a single-player game it's ridiculously addictive. I've still not managed to reach the end yet but I'm determined not to give up.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next page

Comments

1. GullibleGoat44 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 08:59

Mario chase is definitely the best, its just so good to play with mates, great idea great execution!!!

2. Pyron12 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 09:29

Mario Chase for sure. Best Nintendo Land Attraction by far.

3. CBTIRL Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 09:35

Without a doubt my favourite is Donkey Kongs Crash Course. Ive probably played it more than all the others combined. I still havent completed it though. Its so hard, but so addicting, and the music is incredibly catchy

4. ledreppe Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 10:24

Amazingly I still haven't got round to playing this, been playing NSMBU and Trine 2 which I got on launch day. I'll eventually get round to it this Christmas when the extended family comes round for some mutliplayer party fun!

5. shy guy 64 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 10:30

my favourite is zelda battle quest

6. GloverMist Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 10:30

Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.
    On a different note, anyone else notice the lack of a Pokémon attraction?

7. epiclink Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 10:45

I would have to go with Metriod Blast or Mario Chase, they're my favorite.

8. radabie86 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 11:00

NintendoLand 2 anyone?? with a clu clu land attraction what about a take on mario kart viewed from above! and maybe some sort of multi-player starfox! what other attractions from nintendo history would everyone else like to see???

9. HyrulianToad Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 11:57

What about metroid blast ? In my opinion the best game by far because of it's depth. Mario chase is good but I'd argue that luigi ghost mansion is better , it feels like there's more skill involved. Haven't really been playing anything other than assasin's creed 3 which has blown my mind :shock: as I've only ever owned a wii being a ninty fan and all.
    Here's my top 5 nintendo land games :
    Metroid blast
    Luigis ghost mansion
    Donkey kong's crash coarse
    Pikmin
    Legend of zelda battle quest

10. Baker1000 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 12:40

Right now it's

1. Donkey Kong's Crash Course - though trying to get past area 9 and never making it past the first press of R is gonna make it drop in my rankings soon.

2. Pikmin - makes me really excited for Pikmin 3, but I'm not so much looking forward to the cramp you could get from trying to hold the GamePad with one hand and use the control stick, and use the stylus with the other.

3. Metroid Blast - excellent use of the controls and makes me wonder what a Star Fox game could be like.

4. Zelda Battle Quest - again, great use of the controls and second screen. Though I hope the Wii U Zelda will use the second screen as more of an item menu than usually playing the game on. Need to see those HD graphics on the TV, and like most of the good games on NL you miss half of that because the second screen is what you need to look at.

5. F-Zero - Aside from some dodgy controls that make you go off-centre sometimes, or for some reason makes my GamePad disconnect occasionally, this is amazing. I just hope steering in a possible future F-Zero is done with the GamePad held normally.

I've only played the 2 player games once (I thought you were supposed to be able to play with the computer? or have I not spend enough time trying do find that option?) but Animal Crossing was great when I played it. I'm glad to see not many people rate Octopus Dance, because of all the games I really dislike it. The control sticks being up so high on the GamePad, combined with having to hold it up in front of you makes it really difficult to get the control sticks to go exactly where you want them (straight left, not slightly up or down left) and even my dog doesn't like it. She barks whenever she sees me play it.

11. me4ndubz Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 15:13

I haven't had a chance to play all of the multiplayer ones but my favourite game would have to be Metroid Blast

12. me4ndubz Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 15:14

Starfox would be so cool! I'd love to see a pokemon themed game

13. Argenthor Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 19:45

Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.
    On a different note, anyone else notice the lack of a Pokémon attraction?

It's the subject of an awesome drawing on miiverse :)

14. Waldy565 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 20:04

Had to be Luigi's Ghost Mansion for me - as well as loving Luigi, (can't wait for Dark Moon, but probs getting for my b-day instead of march, but major case of de ja vu, remember pre-ordering it from Zavvi last March!) I just find it one of the most inventive ways of the Gamepad being used - bring on Christmas 2013! (and, finally, my WiiU! Car lessons this year I'm afraid, well, quite happy about this as well!, not as happy with insurance, fuel, tax etc...)

15. Murphy11 Saturday 8th Dec 2012 at 23:09

Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.
    On a different note, anyone else notice the lack of a Pokémon attraction?

It's the subject of an awesome drawing on miiverse :)

I saw that :D

16. tobes325 Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 01:51

Its really difficult to pick from that list because from a single player experience I'd say I'm tied between crash course and balloon breeze. As a multiplayer it is definitaly ghost mansion, its so much fun to play and then tension you feel being haunted by the ghost player is really un-nerving at times for such a simple game!

17. CBTIRL Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 09:45

I think Nintendo Land 2 would be perfect to re-introduce Pokémon Snap, just to see what it would play like on Wii U and then BAM a full release if it works

18. wiill 64 Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 11:32

Luigi's Ghost Mansion for me. The fright people get when the ghost grabs them is great.
    I have to say I love the Donkey Kong and F-Zero single player games, and Mario Chase and Animal Crossing Sweet Day are also very good

19. ninjafox Sunday 9th Dec 2012 at 14:42

I have been really impressed with Nintendoland, when it was first announced i thought it looked interesting but was concerned about the depth of each attraction so after getting the game with my premium Wii U i was pleased to see that attractions like Pikmin Adventure have multiple stages.

My favourite attraction has to be Mario Chase as it is great fun shouting out which zone Mario is in and helps show what makes the gamepad unique.

Out of all the single player game donkey kongs crash course is my favourite, my first couple of hours on my Wii U were spent trying to get through the course!

I am enjoying winning prizes and seeing various Nintendo themes/items appear in the plaza. Looking forward to having a plaza that is as full as the one in the E3 demo!

20. chojin Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 16:57

this is quite a tough decision, zelda is great but is better with 2 or more players (on your own with just the arrow is very tough imo) donkey kong is brilliant but frustrating, pikimi is great and very twee, f-zero is good (i preffer to play looking at the tv) so im going to sit on the fence and say they are all good in there onw way....sorry :mrgreen:

21. luigidolphin Monday 10th Dec 2012 at 21:14

I voted for Pikmin Adventure (never played any Pikmin before but this makes me want the full game) :D , but it was tough to choose. I've only been playing solo so far so not had a go at any of the multi player only ones.

But close behind are Metriod Blast (slowy getting the hang of dual stick control :? ), Yoshi's Fruit Cart (Love that you use both screens solo) and Donkey Kong's Crash Course (wich looks simple but is so tricky, keep crashing and hitting my head :( ).

Loving it all.

22. Beenie Thursday 13th Dec 2012 at 23:44

I have to say, I absolutly love Ninty Land. There are so many gd little games on there and then you have others that are imo just Meh.
    One game, for me that stands out the most is TLOZ; Battle Quest. I also got my younger sister playing which i must say was doing awsome at it. eventually defeating ganon and moving onto the advanced she happily wanted to continue,
    people may think that its just another gimmic but love it

23. harrywoodward Sunday 16th Dec 2012 at 14:43

dont know which is my number 1 its a 3 way tie between captain falcons twister race, luigis ghost mansion and metroid blast because there so fun and addicting :D